WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rv Trip - Where? And What would ya..

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
That’s 11 hours away?

There isn't a week's worth of activities on Carlsbad... Make it road trip, two days there, two or three back. Find some nice RV parks with a pool for them kiddos.

I'd make a loop up through the 4 corners and back across southern Utah. Go ride the train in Durango while you still can.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
So two things.. I’m not interested in going anywhere that are mask nazis.. California is out for now. We don’t have a toad, so we plan on taking the RZR.. also not interested in going anywhere with helmet laws. Lastly hiking isn’t an option for me with my ankle. Short walks I can do, but anything more than a 1/4 mile and I’m gonna be laid up for a day paying for it.

We are ok dry camping but, will need a place to dump the tanks after three days. My family hasn’t quite mastered the conservation of water part yet.. lol

sedona has tons of trails and there is a cool Rv park by the creek in town. The Rv spots are like 10 feet away from running water and giant trees. You can run the side by side up to submarine rock and the stair step and feel closer to your space wizards

Badchoices03

Reaction score
sedona has tons of trails and there is a cool Rv park by the creek in town. The Rv spots are like 10 feet away from running water and giant trees. You can run the side by side up to submarine rock and the stair step and feel closer to your space wizards

I would like to hear more about this place?

DLC

Reaction score
I am going for a 4 day sxs run up around Brian head Ut. ( we actually start in Parowan Ut ) it’s a 4 night high altitude trip in August! Going to be a great time, I can’t wait, we have 9 cars and some great people! We spend each night at a different location, catered lunch and also a chase truck so no packing dirty dusty bags!

QUOTE="cole_skier, post: 4110754, member: 13662"]
Can’t go wrong with Zion and Bryce and Brianhead
[/QUOTE]

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

squeezer

Reaction score
Portland... Lots of free RVs parking on the streets and you won’t have any desire to get out and walk around.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We go to the Circle Pines KOA every year as well. And ask for the upper East side. (Farthest from the playground).
We’ve noticed a huge increase of SXS’s and Jeeps.

We book the sites that have the patio and BBQ's, thinks that the same location you are talking about.

We only bring the golf cart, that red dirt sucks. We have about 10-12 trailers going and some bring their sxs, but never use them....

DLC

Reaction score
@RiverDave
this would make a great toad for you and the family, mild off roading and room for a cooler, dog and no dust! And it still drives great down the highway

B994CFE2-345B-4A8F-8DDD-0B355E04E0D9.jpeg

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
You're a "Zonie" now...how about Crystal Pier in Pacific Beach? If you're up to a bit of a drive, Zion is awesome. If you can drive a little further, Yellowstone.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Crazy Horse Campground;) Seriously, cant go wrong W/ Utah,Zion,Bryce. Powell is a few clicks away, bring a bote tho, lotsa water there:cool:

2Driver

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with Zion and Bryce and Brianhead

LOL. Especially if you like wading in the seas of masses.

RD pack the family and go to Kanab. You will have a blast with what there is to do around there. Once you really look into it you’ll see what I mean.

wallnutz

Reaction score
San Diego. Campland or silver strand?
Good luck getting a spot at gangland. We reserved a spot for the 4th of July a year ago, but have tried for the whole week before or after for at least 6 months to no avail.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Moab, Canyon lands, Arches, and coming back Grand Canyon and Sedona. 🙂

Tank

Reaction score
Come to the beach!

1.jpg

I see you said cali is out. In that case, how about head up to Powell (run the RZR on the beaches, rent a boat if you want to get out on the lake)? Or deep into pan handle of Idaho (again rent a boat on Cour delene or Pend Orielle? Or down to the Texas coast (corpus cristi) and stay on the beach. that's where I'd start.

Heylam

Reaction score
We sold our rv a few years ago, as the ability to just get up and go became impossible due to reservations at crowded campsites. Even during the off season it was just too much.

HBCraig

Reaction score
@RiverDave

Like many have mentioned before. Zion and Bryce. Bryce will be a lot less crowded. I know at one time Zion was making folks get reservations for certain trails. If you are towing your razor I would FOR SURE hit up St George/Washington area and Moab. I have done both and they are epic.

If in the winter at all, hit up Ocotillo Wells, but specifically the trails that only licensed vehicles can go on. Go through the "badlands"

And the Carlsbad Caverns too.

all good advice here in this thread

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Dave,
Skip Prescott, Check out Big Lake, Az in Eastern Arizona its beautiful there's a bunch of campsites there to choose from. The trout fishing is great if your into that and if haul up a UTV. There's a ton of trails to check out. Several people mentioned Bryce and Brianhead in Utah. Those are both excellent choices as well.

calkid

Reaction score
If you're taking the Razor consider the KOA in Beaver Ut. There are tons of trails accessible from there including some that take you into the back of Cedar City.
Nice campground with big trees and big camp sites, also is run by some very nice people.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Kids are out of school in a few days and we want to take the Motorhome and do some quick trips for a week or so..

So we were thinking about hitting Prescott.. or?

where are some places to take a motorhome that is fun for the family? Do you stay at the parks for just find a place and camp?

Also I am kinda thinking about buying a little cheap car or keep or something to throw on the trailer and tow behind us so we have some wheels wherever we go..

Anyone selling anything? Or have any leads in anything? Needs to seat five.. preferably six in case I take my mom.

My kids always had the most fun in Glamis and at the beach. There is something about playing in the sand that kids just naturally love.

My kids don't remember shit about Zion, Brice, Yellowstone or or the other cool places I took them. But they remember all the places that had sand to play in. They never got bored with that.

See if you can get into Newport Dunes. Expensive, but a whole lota fun. 👍

:)

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
New Braunfels Tx. 1150 miles each way give or take. We do it in 17hrs. Probably take you a little longer in an RV.

Check out Schlitterbahn water park...get a cabana if you do it...trust me on that part of it.

Floating on the Comal...spring fed water, you can also do the Guadalupe bend.

Gruene historic area along with Gruene hall

Music @ Whitewater on the bend
https://www.whitewaterrocks.com (If you go to this at the end of the month I have some COJO tickets I need to sell since we are going to havasu.

Luckenbach, Wimberly, Fredricksburg, Spring Branch etc are all pretty family friendly and have good breweries and usually live music.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
You can shop for all the Chinese made western crap in about a half hour. Eat overpriced chicken strips at Big Nosed Kates, then have nothing else to do the rest of the trip. My opinion only.

Looked cool in the movie though! :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Come to the beach!

View attachment 1002409

I see you said cali is out. In that case, how about head up to Powell (run the RZR on the beaches, rent a boat if you want to get out on the lake)? Or deep into pan handle of Idaho (again rent a boat on Cour delene or Pend Orielle? Or down to the Texas coast (corpus cristi) and stay on the beach. that's where I'd start.

Can I just back my rig right up on that street right there Tank? If so we will be seeing you Thursday late evening / Friday morning.. LOL.

RD

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
It is mind boggling to me that you see the results of Dem leadership, yet make jokes like that..LOL. I don't want this to turn political so I'm gonna leave it at that.

RD

I’m in north county San Diego area on vacation from tucson right now and no one has asked me to put mask on. It’s not as bad as I pictured it was gonna be other then parking a long bed 2500 in beach areas lol.

Tank

Reaction score
Can I just back my rig right up on that street right there Tank? If so we will be seeing you Thursday late evening / Friday morning.. LOL.

RD
While not technically legal. Frank (DaBank) did it with his pusher for a night. Probably swing two nights no sweat. 😉😁👍

Singleton

Reaction score
I’m in north county San Diego area on vacation from tucson right now and no one has asked me to put mask on. It’s not as bad as I pictured it was gonna be other then parking a long bed 2500 in beach areas lol.

enjoy my hood.
Campfire Grill in Carlsbad is a cool place to eat

squeezer

Reaction score
It is mind boggling to me that you see the results of Dem leadership, yet make jokes like that..LOL. I don't want this to turn political so I'm gonna leave it at that.

RD

It’s equally mind boggling that you view the conditions of the poverty stricken masses as a partisan problem...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

i am originally from Carlsbad.. and was just there a few days ago. Everywhere I went required a mask.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
It’s equally mind boggling that you view the conditions of the poverty stricken masses as a partisan problem...

Lol.
i am originally from Carlsbad.. and was just there a few days ago. Everywhere I went required a mask.

I walked into CVS and Snooze for breakfast this morning with no mask. Did they have signs. Did I act like I didn’t care. You betcha!

wzuber

Reaction score
What poverty stricken masses? Lol. I’ve been to China and many other places in the world.. I’m not sure Americans know what “poverty” is..
To libturds like him "poverty" is whatever the idiot box blaring MSM propoganda says it is. 😂

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Head to southern uath east of bryce there are a lot less people out that way.