WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Upholstery

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The shit quality fake leather that Forest River used in my motorhome is cracking and peeling that I would like to get redone. Don't want to put this in the lounge because I don't need alcantara with double diamond baseball stitching. Just want something that is similar color to what I have so it matches the trim, and better quality that won't crack and peel.

I have found that we can buy the covers from the original manufacturer, but I feel like we might be back in the same situation a few years from now.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I believe you will!!

I had an upholster reupholster my sleeper sofa in a marine grade vinyl.. next I'll have him do my captains seats

Plenty soft and hope it'll last....

The industry is plagued by these crap fake flakey leather and foggy windows... nobody gives a crab to stand behind their products..

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
depending on the year of your coach, the materials used had a defect from the manufacurer. it effectd more than just rv furniture as the material is a commonly used fake leather material.

It's a 2016, I called forest river and they said there is no warranty through them, they gave me contact to the manufacturer of the furniture and was told the same.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
yup, thats the time period when this issue started popping up. lots of hits on it if you google flaking leather 2016, or bonded leather failure etc.

to get it redone theres a few places in phoenix/scottsdale area that redo rv interiors. this one place that does alot of rv remodels.. https://palaciosupholstery.com/

They got a quote back to me that seems a helluva lot higher than what I was expecting. Came in $8800 to do (2) captains chairs, a 5 ft long couch, and a standard dinette.

I don't see much more work/material involved than it would be to reupholster an open bow boat.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I was recently quoted 1500 to do two seats in a car . No foam just re cover

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
i never said they were inexpensive.. lol just one that i know does alot of rv stuff. are you opting for leather? or just vinyl?

Looks like they had leather on the quote. TBH i don't really care what the material is as long as it doesn't peel and flake the current stuff did. We do a lot of ocotillo wells dry camping so the interior will get beat on with dust dirt and grime.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
leather aint cheap these days. im sure a different material would change the cost a bit. labor, well if you removed the furniture and just dropped the stuff off that may save some labor costs since they arent doing the r&r of the furniture.

Yeah current quote is $6k in labor alone :oops:

Going to shop it around a bit, thank you for the recommendation, at least gives me a starting point

Kbach

Reaction score
Probably be cheaper to buy something new from back east and have it shipped. My Pops was just back in Indiana and bought a couch and recliner for his motorhome directly from the manufacturer near Shipshewana I believe. Here’s a couple pics.

I can check with him and see if he has the contact info if you’d like.

1627680215598.jpeg

1627680298804.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Why is leather so expensive ? We eat so much red meat in America alone that slaughter houses should be paying for the hides to be taken away . Put the golden arches brand on it for all i care .

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Got a couple different quotes for 3200 (shop didn't provide me much confidence, looked like hoarders with junk boats, RVs, and old cars scattering the lot) and another for 4700 or 4k if I pay cash. Probably going to go down that route.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Got a couple different quotes for 3200 (shop didn't provide me much confidence, looked like hoarders with junk boats, RVs, and old cars scattering the lot) and another for 4700 or 4k if I pay cash. Probably going to go down that route.
when i re did my alpine is was cheeper to go to flex steel and buy new , so thats what I did.... probley buy all new stuff from rec pro for 3 k... they'll send you material sample to match with..

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Spanky's in parker has or use to have some of the Recpro stuff in stock upstairs if you want to see it

zhandfull

Reaction score
62423810-2BFA-4ADD-93E3-356B7CA09393.jpeg
8328BAC5-8FB6-4EDB-8CC6-0DAECC3BC966.jpeg
902E28A7-CB05-47D1-86AF-9ABABD5CC08B.jpeg

Had a local shop redo my 18 year old bounded with new foam and material. The new foam was a huge improvement. No regrets.

Reactions: DWC

zhandfull

Reaction score
Ballpark how much did that cost you?
Think it ended up being $2,800 for the couch and dinette. I looked at buying néw but liked the style and stitching that I had. The dinette has 6” thick foam. Most online replacements were only 4”.