WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rzr doors and seats

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Is anyone running the high doors on there RZR? Any drawbacks? They sure look better?

What aftermarket seats are you running and does it give more leg room in the back seat? Also are they a lot more comfortable then the stock seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Is anyone running the high doors on there RZR? Any drawbacks? They sure look better?

What aftermarket seats are you running and does it give more leg room in the back seat? Also are they a lot more comfortable then the stock seats?

Any aftermarket off-road suspension seat is gonna give less rear room because the seat back is thicker, and the base is taller compared to the stock seats. The exception is if you get some carbon or fiberglass race buckets for front seats. They are slimmer and thinner than the stock seats.

You want to get seat lowering and reclining bases for the front. They will give the rear passengers a bit mote foot room, and the front seats are in a more reclined position that is more comfortable. You will be able to slide your front seat forward slightly with the reclined and lowered front bases, giving the folks in back a bit more space.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Any aftermarket off-road suspension seat is gonna give less rear room because the seat back is thicker, and the base is taller compared to the stock seats. The exception is if you get some carbon or fiberglass race buckets for front seats. They are slimmer and thinner than the stock seats.

You want to get seat lowering and reclining bases for the front. They will give the rear passengers a bit mote foot room, and the front seats are in a more reclined position that is more comfortable. You will be able to slide your front seat forward slightly with the reclined and lowered front bases, giving the folks in back a bit more space.

I was thinking maybe the back seats would push back more. There are a few inches behind them.

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t have a rzr but I have PRP seats in my can am they are in made in Temecula, if you ever have a problem you can drive over
seat heaters are really nice for night rides....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe the back seats would push back more. There are a few inches behind them.

There is some adjustment in the stock seats on the bases. Pop the seat out and start loosening the bolts that hold the seats to the base. The stock seats are about the thinnest and could go back the furthest. Also you can easily mod them go back that extra inch or two, or get metal bases that the seats can slide further back on.

Most people do not realize that the stock seats are adjustable on the backs for height and on the bottom cushions for thigh support. I took the time to adjust the seat cushions to my proportions and now the stock seats are decently comfortable.

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score
I’m running Simpson vortex seats in my rzr. You can adjust the seats as far back as they can go in the base bracket. Might give a little more space.
Im running the TMW doors too. They are very nice and sturdy. The rear doors pivot at the front now too. No more rear suicide doors. I like them a lot. I lined the inside of them with dynamat and my friends say my car is much quieter than most. I also added the door bags from TMW. They offer more padding and larger bags than PRP.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
The

There is some adjustment in the stock seats on the bases. Pop the seat out and start loosening the bolts that hold the seats to the base. The stock seats are about the thinnest and could go back the furthest. Also you can easily mod them go back that extra inch or two, or get metal bases that the seats can slide further back on.

Most people do not realize that the stock seats are adjustable on the backs for height and on the bottom cushions for thigh support. I took the time to adjust the seat cushions to my proportions and now the stock seats are decently comfortable.

Thanks man that was an easy win. The backs seats went back about 3”.

Rbcconst

Reaction score

Have you done the shock Therapy springs? I called them and wanted to order but after talking with them I figured I need more information. The guy I spoke with said do not over guess your rear passenger weight, basically said if you set it up with any rear passenger weight it will ride rough when you do not have rear passengers. But if you set it for no rear passengers and then have 2 adults back there then the car will bottom out. So I have no clue what to put for rear weight. Sometimes it will just be my wife and I and others there will be 1-2 passengers. I would say it would be 50/50 for rear passengers. they suggested to adjust the needle on the back shocks when you have passengers to hopefully not bottom out. Any feedback on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Have you done the shock Therapy springs? I called them and wanted to order but after talking with them I figured I need more information. The guy I spoke with said do not over guess your rear passenger weight, basically said if you set it up with any rear passenger weight it will ride rough when you do not have rear passengers. But if you set it for no rear passengers and then have 2 adults back there then the car will bottom out. So I have no clue what to put for rear weight. Sometimes it will just be my wife and I and others there will be 1-2 passengers. I would say it would be 50/50 for rear passengers. they suggested to adjust the needle on the back shocks when you have passengers to hopefully not bottom out. Any feedback on this?

Shock Therapy did the shocks on my car in 2017 and it has Eibach springs. I had Ed the suspension guy in Fontana rebuild the shocks and revalve them but the spring I like what Ed did better, the car is softer overall with a bigger range of adjustment via the clickers. When the kids are in the car I do have to go up 2-3 clicks.

The car does not bottom out out harshly, it just kisses the ground with the rear skid plate over higher speed bumps and whoops.

When it is just me or me and a passenger on a boys ride, I end up stiffening the shocks to the "kid level" or even another 1-2 clicks further just because of the faster pace.

If it was me, I would add the rear weight for 1/2 to 1 passenger. That way you won't be too far off either way. And when you are fully loaded expect to stiffen the shocks a little with 2 full size passengers. And remember as the speeds go up, you will end up making the shocks a little stiffer as well.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Shock Therapy did the shocks on my car in 2017 and it has Eibach springs. I had Ed the suspension guy in Fontana rebuild the shocks and revalve them but the spring I like what Ed did better, the car is softer overall with a bigger range of adjustment via the clickers. When the kids are in the car I do have to go up 2-3 clicks.

The car does not bottom out out harshly, it just kisses the ground with the rear skid plate over higher speed bumps and whoops.

When it is just me or me and a passenger on a boys ride, I end up stiffening the shocks to the "kid level" or even another 1-2 clicks further just because of the faster pace.

If it was me, I would add the rear weight for 1/2 to 1 passenger. That way you won't be too far off either way. And when you are fully loaded expect to stiffen the shocks a little with 2 full size passengers. And remember as the speeds go up, you will end up making the shocks a little stiffer as well.

Thank you for the feedback. If I am understanding right take the two rear passengers and divide by 2? More then likely For the most part If I had 2 rear passengers they would be around 130-140 pounds each. Then on occasion 2 200lbs and then sometimes just my wife and I. Would you say 150 pounds in the back or would you go more? Will the shocks stiffen up enough to make up the difference when there are 2 adults back there?

cakemoto

Reaction score
I have tmw doors, triple xxx seats and also full shock therapy set up.For me if I was going to do it all over again for seats would be the first thing I buy the stock seats for 100 mile rides straight gave me hemorrhoids.As far as the shock therapy goes I weighed my tools my two passengers and everything I put in my car I told him exactly and they put weights in your car to set up the right height/weight. Yes the aftermarket seats will slide front to back with bolts only the slider mechanism is no longer usable...So your seats are pretty much stationary

cakemoto

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. If I am understanding right take the two rear passengers and divide by 2? More then likely For the most part If I had 2 rear passengers they would be around 130-140 pounds each. Then on occasion 2 200lbs and then sometimes just my wife and I. Would you say 150 pounds in the back or would you go more? Will the shocks stiffen up enough to make up the difference when there are 2 adults back there?

When you get your car back it will be on the fully soft setting so as you start riding any harsher stuff or the shock start to bottom out you click them up as needed.out of all the clickers (Not sure tactually how many there is on a walker)think I am two in the front and four in the back in my 18 rzr xp4.I dune hard and my car doesn’t bought them out at all

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

No worries.

Yea I'd say add 150 lbs, and just let them know that there is sometimes up to 400 lbs back there so you just want enough room in the shock adjustment to account for that, but understand that isn't what the car is set up for.

The shocks will stiffen up enough to make the difference. With 400 lbs back there it might take 5-6 clicks to stiffen it up enough, but you should have enough adjustment to do that. I'm on the softer side of my adjusters all the time, even when fully loaded. I think the stiffest I have ever had my car is 8/16, or half way. I am normally between 3 and 6 clicks from full soft.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
No worries.

Yea I'd say add 150 lbs, and just let them know that there is sometimes up to 400 lbs back there so you just want enough room in the shock adjustment to account for that, but understand that isn't what the car is set up for.

The shocks will stiffen up enough to make the difference. With 400 lbs back there it might take 5-6 clicks to stiffen it up enough, but you should have enough adjustment to do that. I'm on the softer side of my adjusters all the time, even when fully loaded. I think the stiffest I have ever had my car is 8/16, or half way. I am normally between 3 and 6 clicks from full soft.

Will it make a difference that I am only doing the springs on the existing walker evens shock build?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
When you get your car back it will be on the fully soft setting so as you start riding any harsher stuff or the shock start to bottom out you click them up as needed.out of all the clickers (Not sure tactually how many there is on a walker)think I am two in the front and four in the back in my 18 rzr xp4.I dune hard and my car doesn’t bought them out at all

What happens when you put a lot more weight in the back then you accounted for on your build?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have tmw doors, triple xxx seats and also full shock therapy set up.For me if I was going to do it all over again for seats would be the first thing I buy the stock seats for 100 mile rides straight gave me hemorrhoids.As far as the shock therapy goes I weighed my tools my two passengers and everything I put in my car I told him exactly and they put weights in your car to set up the right height/weight. Yes the aftermarket seats will slide front to back with bolts only the slider mechanism is no longer usable...So your seats are pretty much stationary

This is totally subjective, but I have 0 issue with the stock seats with lowered, reclined bases, and seats adjusted to fit my frame. I've been in the car for 12+ hours in a day before and felt great.

There is 16 way adjusters on the walkers I believe. You can make them unbearably harsh... But you can only make them slightly too soft.. So always go to the softer side on setup is my advice. I was always full soft on my older ST valving. The Ed valving is softer which I liked for Havasu, and I had to go up a couple clicks. My wife and MIL noticed the difference in ride within 2 mins on the dirt.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Will it make a difference that I am only doing the springs on the existing walker evens shock build?

I don't think so unless you are fully stiff now when riding with 400 lbs in the back. The springs are gonna be a huge improvement to handling and ride. If you go back and get the valving redone, it will be icing on the cake, but the springs make most of the difference in ride. Do you know where you are at now with regards to shock adjustment?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What happens when you put a lot more weight in the back then you accounted for on your build?

The back will sag a bit. But keep in mind you are going to have a lot more ride height than you do with stock springs, and the difference between 0 in the back and 400 lbs in back is probably only a 100-150 lb spring rate difference. I would say most people would be hard pressed to notice a 50 lb spring difference.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I don't think so unless you are fully stiff now when riding with 400 lbs in the back. The springs are gonna be a huge improvement to handling and ride. If you go back and get the valving redone, it will be icing on the cake, but the springs make most of the difference in ride. Do you know where you are at now with regards to shock adjustment?

I set them at 3 front and rear. had about 340 lbs back there and I think only bottom out once when we hit some big stuff. Other then that I think 3 was fine. I did not notice that It bottomed out but a rear passenger said it did.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I set them at 3 front and rear. had about 340 lbs back there and I think only bottom out once when we hit some big stuff. Other then that I think 3 was fine. I did not notice that It bottomed out but a rear passenger said it did.

You are gonna be just fine. Add the 150# to the back and enjoy.

PlanB

Reaction score
ST will tell you to account for everything you would normally have in the car. If you take the car to their shop they will tell you to leave everything in it and they will weigh it.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Yea I’d add for that, tools, spare tire, and anything else you normally bring.

Thanks for the help. Ill have to think what I would bring. Usually just an ice chest and small stuff but maybe i need to think about a few things like a small tool bag.

Do you bring a spare on desert rides?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Ill have to think what I would bring. Usually just an ice chest and small stuff but maybe i need to think about a few things like a small tool bag.

Do you bring a spare on desert rides?

No problem.

I have a spare tire over the bed, the spare tire rack, a cargo/toolbox in the bed that is around 60 lbs, and the cooler :) There is about 150 lbs in or over the bed.

Did they share with you want the spring rates they were thinking of?

My 1000 XP4 runs 350/300 front springs and 300/250 rear springs.

DLC

Reaction score
Things you’ll carry , or should carry just basics if you have kids add more to it
spare tire
tools to change tire and a belt - cordless impact and a jack
misc tool stuff - tow strap, ratchet strap tire plugs mini air compressor & extra parts
cooler - with extra drinks for when you need to swap a belt or change a tire
dry bag - food jerky clothes /jackets phone charger TP etc
2 gallon gas can or the LOF 1 gallon spare tire can
1st aid kit

Rbcconst

Reaction score
No problem.

I have a spare tire over the bed, the spare tire rack, a cargo/toolbox in the bed that is around 60 lbs, and the cooler :) There is about 150 lbs in or over the bed.

Did they share with you want the spring rates they were thinking of?

My 1000 XP4 runs 350/300 front springs and 300/250 rear springs.

They did not. He told me to go online and order then they would build and ship in a week or so. He was not much help and needed to talk to the tech. Had he guided a little better i would have ordered on the spot. But now that im considering everything else that may be best so I can figure accurately what junk ill pack on it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They did not. He told me to go online and order then they would build and ship in a week or so. He was not much help and needed to talk to the tech. Had he guided a little better i would have ordered on the spot. But now that im considering everything else that may be best so I can figure accurately what junk ill pack on it.

Are you going to have aomeoneinstall the springs? Or are you just buying them and installing yourself?

I have nothing against Shock Therapy, but there are plenty of places to go to get opinions on spring rates, some of which will be cheaper, and you may be able to pick them up or get free shipping. Even the Eibach UTV kits will get you very close. And for a RZR XP or XP 4 I have seen them as low as $750 shipped.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Are you going to have aomeoneinstall the springs? Or are you just buying them and installing yourself?

I have nothing against Shock Therapy, but there are plenty of places to go to get opinions on spring rates, some of which will be cheaper, and you may be able to pick them up or get free shipping. Even the Eibach UTV kits will get you very close. And for a RZR XP or XP 4 I have seen them as low as $750 shipped.

I will order and have a friends shop install. The install seems easy in the video but they also have the right tools that i dont.

I may check out others for other opinions. The shock therapys arent much more if there the best choice. They do a lot of testing.