WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RZR light bar

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Looking for light bar brands and different set ups. Where to spend the $ where not. Where to put amber and where to put clear.

1: looking for a 10” for the hood scoop. Is this worth buying a bd, kc, ect. Should this be clear or amber?

2: overhead light bar. I will run one for leading or whenever needed. My experience in glamis was it was pretty much useless if there was sand in the air and you needed to look up.

3: No pillar lights. If there a must i would consider but do not like the way they look at all.

4: chase light. Found the xprite chase light. Any pros or cons on colors? Looking at the RYWYR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Amber in the hood scoop, I would lower that light as much as possible. Clear on the roof

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
If you get a good one ( BD or Rigid) for the front you wont need the overhead one.
Xprite is nice, no blue if you going to go to Glamis...

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
On my last RZR 4 Seater I ran an 10” amber strobe light in my hood scoop as a dust light.

I had (4) 3” Pod lights mounted on my A & C Pillars. I could see a lot better with those than my 32” Roof Light Bar when there was any dust in the air. Keeping the lights below your sight line makes a huge difference in dusty night time conditions.

If money is no object go with Ridged or Baja Designs. Having Light Failures out in the Dunes can scare the 💩 out of you!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Low low low and Amber. I personally only run BD but i like to cry once and smile for the rest of the time.
My roof 40” is a dual control it’s amber outside driving and clear spot center, really never run the center. Can also make it strobe for during the day works awesome when leading.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Low low low and Amber. I personally only run BD but i like to cry once and smile for the rest of the time.
My roof 40” is a dual control it’s amber outside driving and clear spot center, really never run the center. Can also make it strobe for during the day works awesome when leading.
View attachment 987753
Do you think the low amber is enough to lead at night or is the roof bar needed?

yz450mm

Reaction score
Do you think the low amber is enough to lead at night or is the roof bar needed?
You really want a combination of Amber and white LEDs for night time running, because all white will tend to wash everything out and you will lose some depth perception. All Amber won't give you enough usable light for high-speed, unless you have some good high-end lights that are a combo spot and flood.

The single row overhead bars are really nice, and you can get one for around a hundred bucks on Amazon. They are very low profile, but put out a nice spread of light.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Rbcconst

Reaction score
You really want a combination of Amber and white LEDs for night time running, because all white will tend to wash everything out and you will lose some depth perception. All Amber won't give you enough usable light for high-speed, unless you have some good high-end lights that are a combo spot and flood.

The single row overhead bars are really nice, and you can get one for around a hundred bucks on Amazon. They are very low profile, but put out a nice spread of light.

This seems to put out the most lumens. Do you buy clear with the amber cover or just amber?

yz450mm

Reaction score
This seems to put out the most lumens. Do you buy clear with the amber cover or just amber?

Amber down low, clear bar up top. I also run pods on the pillars that have the side throwing LEDs.
20210331_074103.jpg
20210331_074115.jpg

DLC

Reaction score
I have a BD onyx on my shocks and 2 XL 80’s on the bumper, the onyx has a yellow snap on cover. i can easily cruise 50-60 mph and faster at night with this light set up

the xl80’s are clear - bumper light, the light bar on the roof is a complete waste, but it was free with the audio roof

better pic
402FCF7D-A815-411B-BA40-73F86237052D.jpeg

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

^^^ this. Well worded, no way I’d have said it as well.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
^^^ this. Well worded, no way I’d have said it as well.
This isnt my rzr but the same front end. What if I put a 10" amber in the scoop and 10" a white on the bottom? I assume I would still run a cheap light bar on top.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_1803_Square2048px_1024x1024_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_1803_Square2048px_1024x1024_LI.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53

DLC

Reaction score
these are great lights & they produce a of light 2-4 lights on a Frt bumpers is a great light

2 middle light shine straight out Frt, and the outside lights shine outwards so good side vision.

FD2E8EE9-39BB-48FC-81EE-B826121DC41E.png

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I run a single row 10" rigid in the grill or my razor. It has the amber detachable cover on it. I run run a 30" double row spot flood combo on the roof of my cage. Its ridiculously bright

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have a BD onyx on my shocks and 2 XL 80’s on the bumper, the onyx has a yellow snap on cover. i can easily cruise 50-60 mph and faster at night with this light set up

the xl80’s are clear - bumper light, the light bar on the roof is a complete waste, but it was free with the audio roof

better pic
View attachment 987823

DOOOO THIS. When I roll with @DLC at night its like being on the sun.

Looking for light bar brands and different set ups. Where to spend the $ where not. Where to put amber and where to put clear.

1: looking for a 10” for the hood scoop. Is this worth buying a bd, kc, ect. Should this be clear or amber?

2: overhead light bar. I will run one for leading or whenever needed. My experience in glamis was it was pretty much useless if there was sand in the air and you needed to look up.

3: No pillar lights. If there a must i would consider but do not like the way they look at all.

4: chase light. Found the xprite chase light. Any pros or cons on colors? Looking at the RYWYR

Lots of great advice here. My advice, do a 10" amber as low as you can for dust, Pillar lights are good to fill in sides, not 100% needed. Spend the money for good stuff in those 2 areas. If you want a roof bar, go with a China unit. You will rarely if ever use it in Havasu/desert at night unless you are leading or are alone.

Xprite Chase light is bad ass. Cant beat it for the money, and will give everyone behind you seizures. RYWYR is the way to go. You will need a harness extension for it. I had to extend the extension, so if you don't want to solder or add wire, buy 2 extensions for a 4 seat car.

On the new UTV I am just doing the BD 10" amber bar, up front, and came up on a set of BD Squadrons, so I am going to use them as pillar lights, but was not planning to do pillar lights initially. No overhead bar at all.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This isnt my rzr but the same front end. What if I put a 10" amber in the scoop and 10" a white on the bottom? I assume I would still run a cheap light bar on top.

Amber on bottom. Keep the white in the scoop at the same level as your headlights. That will work well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Great advice here.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I run a single row 10" rigid in the grill or my razor. It has the amber detachable cover on it. I run run a 30" double row spot flood combo on the roof of my cage. Its ridiculously bright

Is the 10” amber bright enough to run solo in the dust?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Amber on bottom. Keep the white in the scoop at the same level as your headlights. That will work well.

Seams like the best solution. Any brand recommendations for those 2 lights?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Seams like the best solution. Any brand recommendations for those 2 lights?

I like Baja Designs personally. Their ONX6 10" puts out a ton of light, but it is huge. The Heretic 10" light bar will fit in the scoop.

Another members TurboS with a Heretic 10" in the scoop.

542B0F21-44EB-4BD7-B6BE-2FB3EDA6C840.jpeg

You’ll need a light mount or a mini bumper to get a larger 10” light down low below the grille.

The Madigan half bumper might get you there. If you did the half bumper with 3 lights, you might be able to get away with the center amber and the sides white, or just drop a bigger 10" bar on it. The nice thing with the BD stuff is that they offer snap on amber covers, that are also rock guards. So you can run a white light if you want it, just pull off the rock guard.

The BD XL80s as shown are LEGIT. 3 of those is all you'd need.. 2 is probably all you need. I don't even think you'd need a light in the scoop with 2-3 XL80s. XL sports are cheaper and will work as well, just less power. A large 10" bar will mount to this as well, the ONX6 10" bar will work great in this position.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I like Baja Designs personally. Their ONX6 10" puts out a ton of light, but it is huge. The Heretic 10" light bar will fit in the scoop.

Another members TurboS with a Heretic 10" in the scoop.

View attachment 987953
You’ll need a light mount or a mini bumper to get a larger 10” light down low below the grille.

The Madigan half bumper might get you there. If you did the half bumper with 3 lights, you might be able to get away with the center amber and the sides white, or just drop a bigger 10" bar on it. The nice thing with the BD stuff is that they offer snap on amber covers, that are also rock guards. So you can run a white light if you want it, just pull off the rock guard.

The BD XL80s as shown are LEGIT. 3 of those is all you'd need.. 2 is probably all you need. I don't even think you'd need a light in the scoop with 2-3 XL80s. XL sports are cheaper and will work as well, just less power. A large 10" bar will mount to this as well, the ONX6 10" bar will work great in this position.

View attachment 987954

Madigan has some nice stuff! Hadn’t looked at there site. Ill toss the bumper idea around, wasnt going that route but the pic isnt bad.

Ultimately i dont drive a bunch at night but want to be able to see when i do.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Madigan has some nice stuff! Hadn’t looked at there site. Ill toss the bumper idea around, wasnt going that route but the pic isnt bad.

Ultimately i dont drive a bunch at night but want to be able to see when i do.

You might be fine with the amber in the scoop then, or a single 10" up front. Add more later if needed. A good 10 inch bar will adequate unless you are gonna try to go more than 50-55 at night out there.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
You might be fine with the amber in the scoop then, or a single 10" up front. Add more later if needed. A good 10 inch bar will adequate unless you are gonna try to go more than 50-55 at night out there.

What about a 10” amber in the scoop and a 40” roof bar? Im sure i could add another 10” bar later or xl’s

PlanB

Reaction score
This setup ended up working great out in Havasu. Running the ambers in the dust and everything when it’s not dusty. No complaints at all.

92F21C11-73BC-4CA1-B19E-E12B04EBD311.jpeg

Rbcconst

Reaction score
This setup ended up working great out in Havasu. Running the ambers in the dust and everything when it’s not dusty. No complaints at all.

View attachment 988012

Do you run the ambers in the roof bar in the dust? Are they needed?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What about a 10” amber in the scoop and a 40” roof bar? Im sure i could add another 10” bar later or xl’s

Yep. Again, I wouldn't go nuts on the roof bar. Save your money there and get a china bar, if you are trying to maintain a budget.

I think every dollar you spend on low mounted front lights it worth it however.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Yep. Again, I wouldn't go nuts on the roof bar. Save your money there and get a china bar, if you are trying to maintain a budget.

I think every dollar you spend on low mounted front lights it worth it however.

Rough country has a single row 40” for $250. Then there are all kinds of others between 100-150 single row.

PlanB

Reaction score
Do you run the ambers in the roof bar in the dust? Are they needed?

I ran the ambers on the roof and the front amber in the dust and they worked fine. The amber on the bumper is good, but if you are traveling at speed at night it does not put our enough light by itself IMO.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Rough country has a single row 40” for $250. Then there are all kinds of others between 100-150 single row.

I looked and the RC stuff As a replacement for mine at one point. It seems good.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Is the 10” amber bright enough to run solo in the dust?

I've never been in that dusty of a situation to have a real answer. Based on the light output it has I'm going to say no it shouldn't be ran solo but I don't know for sure..

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I felt that lighting was not worth cutting corners. As previously mentioned... go Rigid or BD! KC been making some nice stuff too but I have never used them so don’t know.

Amber in front bumper.
Clear on roof with spots and floods.
Amber chase light.

You may not like the post lights, however I found that putting a pair of Rigid D2’s in front wheel well is helpful. And another set of D2’s on the “C” post worked amazing when you want to see to the right of left of your drop off / hazards before making a commitment to your dune transition or even a dark trail ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I felt that lighting was not worth cutting corners. As previously mentioned... go Rigid or BD! KC been making some nice stuff too but I have never used them so don’t know.

Amber in front bumper.
Clear on roof with spots and floods.
Amber chase light.

You may not like the post lights, however I found that putting a pair of Rigid D2’s in front wheel well is helpful. And another set of D2’s on the “C” post worked amazing when you want to see to the right of left of your drop off / hazards before making a commitment to your dune transition or even a dark trail ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If needed i would be ok with the pods that replace the head lights or on the bumper. Ive been told the c post location is great i just hate the way they look and would cross every other option before putting those on.

Demoralizer

Reaction score
I would highly recommend investing in a switch pros...regardless of which lights you run where, a switch pros will give you the most flexibility with those lights. In high dust areas the ability to dim your lights will significantly increase your ability to see. FYI, I’m running a clear 50” S8 BD on the roof..amber XL80s on the A-Pillers and one S1 amber and one S1 work scene on the rear. I can have a reverse light, an amber dust light, strobe white/amber chase lights and a 50” day front strobe to avoid headers...and dim, strobe, constant any or all combinations as required during any variation of elements.

Attachments

• 35A0A6BB-ADE0-4175-A4AA-35A651F387E8.jpeg
    35A0A6BB-ADE0-4175-A4AA-35A651F387E8.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 3ED7CF50-5AFD-4E4E-BD3B-A975AB19421C.jpeg
    3ED7CF50-5AFD-4E4E-BD3B-A975AB19421C.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited: