WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RZR tires

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Moto hammer tires? We have a rzr 900 and we do 90% grocery getter around town then off roading.

https://efxtires.com/motohammer/

These looked more radial then the tires I currently have on it. Also what’s what biggest size anyone is putting on a 900 these days without customizing anything.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Good tire, puncture resistant and 8 ply is the best you can do last I checked - unless something out there changed. It's not an all around all terrain tire like the stock tires but far more durable.
Sidewall strength and puncture resistance is everything these days.

As far as the biggest you have to check in the Rzr forums. At some point it gets ghetto or TJ.
BTW:
Everyone I know with GY AT's had mounting and serious sidewall issues, and the sidewall issues seem to occur on all their tires within a few miles of each other. Talk about being SOL on the trail.
They find themselves driving back to camp running flat, then,,, eventually on the rims.

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
I heard they are really heavy. I did not check into it myself , just what I heard . The kanati mongrels sound like something you might like

Reactions: TPC

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
not sure about those tire but I have read alot that if you change to a larger and heavier tire you better think about a aftermarket clutch

MooreMoney

Reaction score
AC8314FA-9D0D-4FE9-BDBF-AC57D5552180.jpeg
A9315BF1-8689-431F-ACE5-44A67617971A.jpeg
I should of explained better. I currently run a 26 inch tire. It seems to have plenty of room for a 28 or 27. It would look much better then the 26in tires but not ghetto.

I like a classy look. Currently running a 26x11x14. They are worn down and time for a change. My buddy owns Polaris Dealership in Sacramento and he recommended the Moto hammer and the kaniti mongrals. He said I could fit a 30 but I thought it would be to big.

Good tire, puncture resistant and 8 ply is the best you can do last I checked - unless something out there changed. It's not an all around all terrain tire like the stock tires but far more durable.
Sidewall strength and puncture resistance is everything these days.

As far as the biggest you have to check in the Rzr forums. At some point it gets ghetto or TJ.
BTW:
Everyone I know with GY AT's had mounting and serious sidewall issues, and the sidewall issues seem to occur on all their tires within a few miles of each other. Talk about being SOL on the trail.
They find themselves driving back to camp running flat, then,,, eventually on the rims.

grumpy88

Reaction score
20180210_133242.jpg
I have a 2012 arctic cat wildcat and are two machines are pretty comparable . I went from factory 26 to 28 mongrels and I'm very happy with no loss of power . I too wanted to go to 30 for looks but I
played it safe . I have a hard rocky / pavement 600 miles on them and I really like them .

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have ultra crosses that are super durable, I mean brutal but they are slippery as heck on the Utah trails.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I run them on my 1k and love them, after a bunch of plugs my buddy got rid of the mongrels and went with these as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Those are good looking. I have decided to go with the 28’s.

View attachment 641735 I have a 2012 arctic cat wildcat and are two machines are pretty comparable . I went from factory 26 to 28 mongrels and I'm very happy with no loss of power . I too wanted to go to 30 for looks but I
played it safe . I have a hard rocky / pavement 600 miles on them and I really like them .