WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rzr's

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Been looking for a used Polaris Rzr , when I find one I like , the price is usually $2 - $2500 above Nada retail ...what's with that ?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Been looking for a used Polaris Rzr , when I find one I like , the price is usually $2 - $2500 above Nada retail ...what's with that ?

Short answer - Everyone puts junk on them. If you add up the price of the junk, it can actually be a reasonable value, if it has the junk you were gonna go buy anyway.

There are also delusional people that put $10K into bolt on junk on them and think they will get $9K back out of said junk.

I bought a lightly used one that was nearly stock for a pretty good deal and put the junk I wanted on it.

Last edited:

NOTSOFAST

Reaction score
I'm not in your circle of friends so my advice is just like opinions and assholes but you will regret that you bought the 900 shortly after you take a ride in a 1000. I know that the cash outlay is usually the deciding factor and people will reason that it's better to have something for the desert than nothing. But the night and day difference between a stock 900 and a stock 1000 is so dramatic that it is really worth holding out and scraping up the extra cash for one. Doesn't need to be a turbo either. The NA's are just as fun. Do what you must but in my circle, we talk new buyers into stepping up to the 1000 and save them the grief of trying to sell the 900 a year later. They are not going up in value.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm not in your circle of friends so my advice is just like opinions and assholes but you will regret that you bought the 900 shortly after you take a ride in a 1000. I know that the cash outlay is usually the deciding factor and people will reason that it's better to have something for the desert than nothing. But the night and day difference between a stock 900 and a stock 1000 is so dramatic that it is really worth holding out and scraping up the extra cash for one. Doesn't need to be a turbo either. The NA's are just as fun. Do what you must but in my circle, we talk new buyers into stepping up to the 1000 and save them the grief of trying to sell the 900 a year later. They are not going up in value.

I do agree with this. It is not much more for a used 1000, over a 900. The difference is huge. More power, more room, better handling, and parts availability is endless.

TCHB

Reaction score
I sold my 2016 2 seat 1000 with 1235 miles on it in new condition for$14500 4 months ago.

2Driver

Reaction score
Here's what you need complete with ext. Yam warranty and full rugged radio set up, auto clutch with paddle shift. $1K under stock book pricing but with $4,500 in options

IMG_6797.JPG

satellitemike

Reaction score
I guess the question is what do you consider a reasonable price?
I would imagine you could find a stock 900 w modest miles for 11 or 12k but the selection of 1000 is going to be 10x greater for maybe a 3 or 4k more.

robby dmax

Reaction score
Nada and blue book pricing is just a guide and a starting point in my opinion.
They are used whenever you are shopping at a car max and they have 10 or 12 of what ever you are looking at.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I don't know about Polaris, but Can Am has 0% financing, some dealers are aggressive on prices and in my search, it seemed I could do better buying new than used.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I don't know about Polaris, but Can Am has 0% financing, some dealers are aggressive on prices and in my search, it seemed I could do better buying new than used.
Where did you see the 0% financing? I was on their site and didn't see any financing promo's . That could definitely be a deciding factor in new vs used

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Here is my uncles 900 if you are interested. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/snw/d/menifee-s-polaris-rzr/6945283548.html

While I agree that you would probably be better served saving a bit more and buying the 1000 (i told them this when they bought their 900) there are a few situations where these 900's make a lot of sense in tighter, slower speed stuff. These cars have a cult following in the backwoods of the east coast.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Where did you see the 0% financing? I was on their site and didn't see any financing promo's . That could definitely be a deciding factor in new vs used

Sales guys have told me. I saw it on a website somewhere too...may have been a facebook advertisement. That is only on 19's though.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sales guys have told me. I saw it on a website somewhere too...may have been a facebook advertisement. That is only on 19's though.
Yea if buying a year or two old stock machine look hard at leftover new 19s. You’ll likely get a similar price plus tax/fees. If buying private and registering it in AZ with no sales tax you’ll still save a good amount buying used. I saved about 10%.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Here is my uncles 900 if you are interested. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/snw/d/menifee-s-polaris-rzr/6945283548.html

While I agree that you would probably be better served saving a bit more and buying the 1000 (i told them this when they bought their 900) there are a few situations where these 900's make a lot of sense in tighter, slower speed stuff. These cars have a cult following in the backwoods of the east coast.
Will he take a 2015 XR650L as partial trade ?

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I just saw this on the Can Am Website...."To take advantage of the exclusive 0% financing offer from Citi, visit your local BRP dealership to apply for the BRP Card"

j-bone

Reaction score

Been there...done that. Cost me more in the end. Thought I'd save a bunch of money and be happy with the 900 4 seater. Convinced myself I was happy until I rode in a 1000. Could sell the 900 fast enough. Cost me more in the end. Go 1000 for sure..