WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sad as hell at South Cove

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My jaw dropped in disbelief yesterday. Granson and I went to do a little job and we were there last September. We went swimming and fishing to the left of the ramp in big cove. Well it’s totally gone.
249C7A4A-93AA-4D37-BC0C-F01D603F7642.jpeg

The water used to go past that black pipe you see.
Where you use to launch is now a 30 foot drop. You can see the mangled dock. It doesn’t look like it but there a hell of a drop
98728B16-B065-4365-8B07-5A12CF6C201B.jpeg

Where my ride is is where the water was last year
89C5CB90-92CC-43E4-BBCB-F3FDC342096E.jpeg

The Prisoner

Reaction score
The grandson was excited to try his new snorkle set but the wind must have been 50. We got sandblasted. We went home. No traffic on the way. There were only 2 cars in the cove where people do launch but the wind was brutal. More pics the last pic is red lake
0D57ABF4-1444-40B5-8A44-69284AD7F13B.jpeg

B54D66AC-B4BB-458F-B09D-2346505DAE14.jpeg
299BB9A8-7051-40FE-ACE4-AE0DAA8D5099.jpeg

Last edited:

The Prisoner

Reaction score
You could see the sand on the bottom driving in. It’s almost like you could walk across the whole river it’s so shallow.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I was planning on launching this summer at Temple Bar and camping on the lake , there is literally no launch ramp in existence.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I was planning on launching this summer at Temple Bar and camping on the lake , there is literally no launch ramp in existence.
I haven’t been to Temple Bar in a while. But now South cove is it seems, just a big puddle. I would be nervous even launching my waverunner there in fear of bottoming out.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Came home yesterday to this headline. We then understood the unwanted blow job we got at South Cove. It was windy in Kingman but nothing like there.
052A0AA0-EC75-4E1B-BE86-D804FBCA67CA.png

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Can I claim the first 30 round magazine that pops out?

Pelon

Reaction score

Temple Bar staff have been grading a dirt launch ramp below the dirt parking lot with a skid steer. On weekends the dock hands have been assisting those wishing to launch and retrieve with their fork lift. Apparently fairly easy with a 4 wheel drive! I will find out how the ramp works in a couple of weeks!

jet496

Reaction score
Temple Bar staff have been grading a dirt launch ramp below the dirt parking lot with a skid steer. On weekends the dock hands have been assisting those wishing to launch and retrieve with their fork lift. Apparently fairly easy with a 4 wheel drive! I will find out how the ramp works in a couple of weeks!
I remember when you could pull up and the restaurant & hotel cabins were right there. We'd fuel up & head into the Grand Canyon. This fucking sucks.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I remember when you could pull up and the restaurant & hotel cabins were right there. We'd fuel up & head into the Grand Canyon. This fucking sucks.
I blew up the pic. Where the 3 bathrooms are was close to the boat ramp. Years ago☹️
0B0C12AC-BBB0-4B3D-A870-F83600A3D8A6.png

mothershipper

Reaction score
In 83' they had sandbags around the restaurant and bar. All us kids would be fishing off the docks while the adults were in the bar. Good times, classic free range parenting back in the day. We had a houseboat out of Echo that year and from what I remember, we were not allowed to take it past the gregg basin cause of all the driftwood from the high lake levels.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
NPS has been full of shit on these water levels.

1047 was supposed to be it for the year. Now we are at 1045 already. Cocksuckers.

HBCraig

Reaction score
With a skid steer?
Holy shit. That is a ton of work

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score

Temple Bar is a secret place that I will always cherish. That walk to the docks has gradually become the longest 115 degree walk of all time. "It's a great day at Temple Bar' can't wait to hear that again..............

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Temple Bar is a secret place that I will always cherish. That walk to the docks has gradually become the longest 115 degree walk of all time. "It's a great day at Temple Bar' can't wait to hear that again..............
They used to have a phone at the dock , call the store / restaurant and they would come down and get you .

HBCraig

Reaction score
My jaw dropped in disbelief yesterday. Granson and I went to do a little job and we were there last September. We went swimming and fishing to the left of the ramp in big cove. Well it’s totally gone.
View attachment 1125637
The water used to go past that black pipe you see.
Where you use to launch is now a 30 foot drop. You can see the mangled dock. It doesn’t look like it but there a hell of a drop
View attachment 1125638
Where my ride is is where the water was last year View attachment 1125639
Is this up by Big Sandy?

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
NPS has been full of shit on these water levels.

1047 was supposed to be it for the year. Now we are at 1045 already. Cocksuckers.
Uhhh, as angering as this is, it's certainly not NPS.

@HALLETT BOY What boat? 270? Depending on your truck, could you launch at Hemenway and boat to Temple Bar?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

@HALLETT BOY What boat? 270? Depending on your truck, could you launch at Hemenway and boat to Temple Bar?
Yes , a 270 . I’d rather wait till they somewhat fix Temple Bar . I like that end of the lake , and it would be easier to tow there . Besides it would take 100 gallons of gas from Hemingway to Temple Bar and back

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Yes , a 270 . I’d rather wait till they somewhat fix Temple Bar . I like that end of the lake , and it would be easier to tow there . Besides it would take 100 gallons of gas from Hemingway to Temple Bar and back
We run up to Temple Bar from Hemenway all the time. Even with your setup you aren't burning near that much fuel.

Runs2rch

Reaction score

You are correct it is not NPS, but they could be a little more proactive with the ramp situation. Plenty of companies they could bring in that would be able to get these ramps functional at Callville, and Temple Bar.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
You are correct it is not NPS, but they could be a little more proactive with the ramp situation. Plenty of companies they could bring in that would be able to get these ramps functional at Callville, and Temple Bar.
Totally agree about the ramps, and recreation protection. Eff them is appropriate in that regard for sure. The Federal Govt is completely responsible for all of the water wars stuff. We used to build, we don't no mo. Infrastructure and defense are all we need them for.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I love Temple Bar, also have a 270. Been there a lot, but only once by land, 2000ish. We boated from Hemenway in 2018. Last time the boat was on Mead. Shuttled up from the marina, whole bit. Definitely an easier tow from Havasu. We bought our boat in Boulder and kept her on Mead for half that Summer. She's full time in Havasu now.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I love Temple Bar, also have a 270. Been there a lot, but only once by land, 2000ish. We boated from Hemenway in 2018. Last time the boat was on Mead. Shuttled up from the marina, whole bit. Definitely an easier tow from Havasu. We bought our boat in Boulder and kept her on Mead for half that Summer. She's full time in Havasu now.
Pics of your 27?

HBCraig

Reaction score
Is Echo Bay launch open?

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Is Echo Bay launch open?
Lake Mead Ramp Status
  • Hemenway Harbor - 2 lanes on pipe mat. No boats over 24 feet. Only shallow hull vessels.
  • Callville Bay - Closed due to low water levels.
  • Echo Bay - Closed due to low water levels.
  • Boulder Harbor - Closed due to low water levels.
  • Temple Bar - Closed due to low water levels.
  • South Cove - Closed due to low water levels. Launching is available off the dirt road south of the launch ramp. Four-wheel-drive is recommended.

ramos45

Reaction score
We run up to Temple Bar from Hemenway all the time. Even with your setup you aren't burning near that much fuel.
If i remember right GPS was around 45 miles from Boulder harbor to big sandy and big ssndy is 8 miles up from temple. Truly majestic up that way, I didn't get familiar with that part of the lake until the end of my boating run. Here's Thanksgiving of 17 at big sandy

Attachments

• IMAG0940.jpg
    IMAG0940.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 45

Riverryder

Reaction score
i was thinking what set up does he have to burn that much fuel!! hhaha

@HBCraig saw a pic of the echo ramp and it look almost as sad as this post.

Last edited:

retaocleg

Reaction score
back in my day, we had water in these lakes..........seeing stuff that was deep being laid bare, it saddens me.............

water stopped flowing to mex years and years ago............but to decide to start the water flows to mex again, wouldn't you decrease the sales of the water accordingly? the reason the water stopped going to mex? nope..........run the lakes dry😖😖😖😖😖

i remember mead in its peak, storm comes you headed for coves because it got big......nobody coming for you
this is not global warming.......mismanagement........stop building houses that dont have water!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
still badassery............hallett 27 is sexy AF...........i might push ron to do a stocker to revive
so bad ass..........sexy.........just have so many to get through tho
Is Nordic sold out for years still?