WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sad day at the pond.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
You're not as intimidating as you may think and you don't know me at all.
If I misunderstood a subtle innuendo in you post then so be it. I don't think I missed entirely though.
How's "Fuck Brown"? Any better?

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Is this thread really the place for this banter? Please.

Director...
Reaction score
I'll stand by that statement and I would guess those who thanked it will also.
Anyone, under any duress, who forces a child to watch his suicide does not deserve my wishes to rest in peace.

I have immense sympathy for the surviving loved ones of those who have taken their lives, and yes, I do have a close connection to suicide.
What I have zero sympathy or tolerance of is someone who intentionally scars a child by subjecting them to something this horrific.
Blow me Brown.

Dude, I'm in a mood that isn't good and you might be just the thing I need.

Some time ago, plaster dave threw down some pretty severe judgement on me for teasing PokerRun388.

He had no clue of any details and yet he felt plenty comfortable judging me. Subsequently, he went on a couple of rents, both of which I left alone.

Now he comes in here and gives his thanks to a message that literally wishes this man who may have lost his battle with depression to rot in hell for eternity.

The whole deal gives me the right to judge Dave and that is happening in this post. I judge him as a bad person.

You, on the other hand, volunteered for this exchange with me, even though you weren't mentioned. You're not man enough to play. You're not smart enough, either, as evidenced by you not being distinguish between plaster dave and yourself. Run along before you get hurt.

You're not as intimidating as you may think and you don't know me at all.
If I misunderstood a subtle innuendo in you post then so be it. I don't think I missed entirely though.
How's "Fuck Brown"? Any better?

Really?.....Not in this thread.....Take your squabble to pm...

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Really?.....Not in this thread.....Take your squabble to pm...

Oh really? Let's give this a little look see, shall we?

- Tyro starts this thread about "someone" who he suspects commits suicide.
- Lunatic Fringe posts that he wishes for this guy to not rest in peace. I'm trying to think of a way for that to not mean "rot in hell" but I just don't think there is any alternative.
- plaster dave chimes in agreement after literally leaving this web site because he doesn't want to associate with me for picking on PokerRun388 and he gives two shits about my post regarding the PM exchange Steven and I had, or maybe he didn't bother reading that post. ... so fuck him.
- Lunatick Fringe starts biting my ankles with some profanity and the cherry on top of that cake is "you don't know me." I don't know him? ... so I'm in no position to judge him? ... but he can throw down eternal judgment on "someone" who may have lost their battle with terminal depression.
- Now you roll in with "Not in this thread." Why? Are you in morning for whomever "someone" is?

Nobody here knows this guy. At least, not yet. We don't even know for sure he committed suicide. All we know is we hurt in side when we read these stories because almost every God damned one of us has had our hearts ripped out by someone who couldn't cope with this Earthly coil.

I wouldn't wish suicide on any one of you. That includes Lunatic Fringe, paster dave, ..... hell, not even 500bbc and he has physically threatened me.

I'll leave you to your morning now. Peace be with you. Every one of you. With every morsel of consciousness I have, I yearn for you to not have to experience what "someone" may have done, nor what any of his family who may have seen it might be going through. ... but know this, if you do go that route, or someone you love goes that route, ... and the odds are a lot of people in here will be exposed to it because it's way more common than most think... I will not be the one saying, "Fuck that selfish person. May they rot in Hell." I'll be the one hurting like a mother fucker at what you might be going through and wishing I could help you somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eli

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Peace be with you. Every one of you. With every morsel of consciousness I have, I yearn for you to not have to experience what "someone" may have done, nor what any of his family who may have seen it might be going through. ... but know this, if you do go that route, or someone you love goes that route, ... and the odds are a lot of people in here will be exposed to it because it's way more common than most think... I will not be the one saying, "Fuck that selfish person. May they rot in Hell." I'll be the one hurting like a mother fucker at what you might be going through and wishing I could help you somehow.

Namaste... Bitches!

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Dude, I'm in a mood that isn't good and you might be just the thing I need.

Some time ago, plaster dave threw down some pretty severe judgement on me for teasing PokerRun388.

He had no clue of any details and yet he felt plenty comfortable judging me. Subsequently, he went on a couple of rents, both of which I left alone.

Now he comes in here and gives his thanks to a message that literally wishes this man who may have lost his battle with depression to rot in hell for eternity.

The whole deal gives me the right to judge Dave and that is happening in this post. I judge him as a bad person.

You, on the other hand, volunteered for this exchange with me, even though you weren't mentioned. You're not man enough to play. You're not smart enough, either, as evidenced by you not being distinguish between plaster dave and yourself. Run along before you get hurt.

Tom I'm going to explain why is "thanked" the post and that's it.
In high school a friends dad went out on their lawn and shot himself in the head in front of his family. This whole family has never recovered from this.
As far as wanting to pick a fight with me from over a year ago, really??

cave

Reaction score
from people who knew him, Anderson had been depressed about losing his father 5 years ago. His path had taken a bunch of bad turns since then. He had inner battles that had been known.

The woman on the boat with the child were friends not his wife and daughter.

The mountain is a cliff on the side that he chose to end his life. It stands 300 feet from the water line. it is a bitch to climb in 112 degree heat. it is unknown as to whether he was intoxicated. In that heat it could have been heat stroke. It makes you delusional.

460 and the rest of our crew hold that spot special as we celebrated a good friends life there. His ashes were spread out over that cliff as he was a true local. Fought cancer and lost. Dam good person. Fought to live!

Anderson, climbed the mountain. Got to the top. Friends say he had taken a few steps towards the edge then walked back. This continued for a few minutes. Then all at once he jump. Landed on his back. The sound of him hitting the water is something I cannot get out of my mind. It was, unreal. Many of my friends jumped in to try to see if they could save him. He never resurfaced. The current was insane as it sometimes is. Allot of us were shook up about what we had just witnessed. Many of us embraced. Kind of a weird, Erie, somber feeling arose. Its not like he climbed up then jumped. He reasoned about it. Then did it.

I couldn't eat that night. Still see him hit the water when I close my eyes. This place, Sandy Beach is our sanctuary. Where we get away from the realities of the real world. There must have been a few hundred people on the beach this past Sunday. Nearly all of us watched a man take his own life. Only Anderson knows what took him over the edge. Fathers day. The heat. His path that he chose after his pops death. What ever. He made his choice.

I pray for his soul. I hope he found his peace. I know he has given us a memory that I wish I didn't have. As of noon today his body still has not been recovered. Im not to sure how long the body takes to produce enough gas to float one to the surface. I hope its soon. I would hate to find him this weekend. :(

stspdr

Banned
Reaction score
Rip... pressures that can push a person to think this way... Whether selfish, self done, poor life choices etc... Doesn't make someone a bad person. Thank you Tyro for posting this... Unfortunately sometimes events like this are reminders of how precious life is.... I wish his family the best..

The way to honor this type of situation is to remind yourself of what life can throw at you and just keep on trucking....

Tishimself

Banned
Reaction score
Oh really? Let's give this a little look see, shall we?

- Tyro starts this thread about "someone" who he suspects commits suicide.
- Lunatic Fringe posts that he wishes for this guy to not rest in peace. I'm trying to think of a way for that to not mean "rot in hell" but I just don't think there is any alternative.
- plaster dave chimes in agreement after literally leaving this web site because he doesn't want to associate with me for picking on PokerRun388 and he gives two shits about my post regarding the PM exchange Steven and I had, or maybe he didn't bother reading that post. ... so fuck him.
- Lunatick Fringe starts biting my ankles with some profanity and the cherry on top of that cake is "you don't know me." I don't know him? ... so I'm in no position to judge him? ... but he can throw down eternal judgment on "someone" who may have lost their battle with terminal depression.
- Now you roll in with "Not in this thread." Why? Are you in morning for whomever "someone" is?

Nobody here knows this guy. At least, not yet. We don't even know for sure he committed suicide. All we know is we hurt in side when we read these stories because almost every God damned one of us has had our hearts ripped out by someone who couldn't cope with this Earthly coil.

I wouldn't wish suicide on any one of you. That includes Lunatic Fringe, paster dave, ..... hell, not even 500bbc and he has physically threatened me.

I'll leave you to your morning now. Peace be with you. Every one of you. With every morsel of consciousness I have, I yearn for you to not have to experience what "someone" may have done, nor what any of his family who may have seen it might be going through. ... but know this, if you do go that route, or someone you love goes that route, ... and the odds are a lot of people in here will be exposed to it because it's way more common than most think... I will not be the one saying, "Fuck that selfish person. May they rot in Hell." I'll be the one hurting like a mother fucker at what you might be going through and wishing I could help you somehow.

Tom, I see your point, but that said, I see his also. Not Byron's or JBB or whomever that is...but the other guy. :D

Look, it's such a crazy thing to have happen it could easily be argued and won by either point of view, on different days. Yes, we all want, always try to see the best in people. Especially in moments like this. Maybe he was a little drunk and thought he could make it, maybe he was lost in no where land and wanted to end it all. One thing is for sure, people can and do have (as you can easily see) very visceral reactions to these events. And understandably so. I say let them vent. Let them get the shock and horror of it out on a computer page, sometimes that is what works. My own take on suicide is well documented a couple of pages back, so I don't need to redress it again. Suffice to say, I think it the ultimate selfish act when done in as public a forum as I have seen and been a victim of. I will hold off my opinion on this one, give him the benefit of the doubt until someone posts up a coroners report of some story that states what it was one way or the other. It does seem a little ambiguous at this point, and drawing any kind of a fixed opinion at this point strikes me as premature.

But that does not stop people from asking the question why? And rightfully so. Either way, this was a horrible thing to see. I think the people suffering the hardest on this thread are not the ones talking, rather those for whom this thread brings up memories. I would ask that we all remember that as we post. That there are people here who don't have the answers regarding their own loved ones, and are reading this thread daily. To them, I would say forgive them, they are angry as you were, horrified as you were, saddened as you were, confused as you were. We should post with empathy in here, regardless of which view we espouse. Good night good friends....and fuck Brown. No, just kidding...LOL....:skull

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
someone who takes their own life is not of sane rational mind and trying to apply logic and reason is futile. they have a sickness or chemical imbalance or both. being mad at them is like getting mad at someone who gets cancer. I am not saying what they did was honorable. what it is, is sad. Anger is more a reflection of people's inability, or even refusal to understand.

tapa-typed from my mobile gadget

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Did they find this guy yet? reason I ask, I was at the lake this morning and 2 sheriff boats and a forest service boat came hauling ass by us with lights flashing heading back towards sandy beach. About an hour later they came flying back with lights flashing and I noticed a couple officers in wetsuits heading towards the launch.

BTW, this is how it looked out there today :D

002.jpg

Reaction score
Did they find this guy yet? reason I ask, I was at the lake this morning and 2 sheriff boats and a forest service boat came hauling ass by us with lights flashing heading back towards sandy beach. About an hour later they came flying back with lights flashing and I noticed a couple officers in wetsuits heading towards the launch.

BTW, this is how it looked out there today :D

View attachment 276883

I haven't heard yet. Hopefully they did for the family's sake.