WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sad day in my boating life

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
My first boat love was sold today. I owned this boat for 15 plus years. Never would have thought I would sell it but it was time. I am glad the family who bought it was the son of the man I bought it from. This boat started my speed dreams and when I finally got it running fulfilled it. My first flat bottom and definitely not my last. Started off just buying the hull cause the owner didnt want to sell me the motor and after years he finally agreed to sell me the motor. Begged and borrowed to get the money for the motor. Years it sat not together and my now ex surprised me for my birthday buy having Dunsmore put it together. I'll never forget when Billy took my ex for a ride and it scared the shit out if her. Said she would never set butt in it again. Shortly after we had a child and it was a fight not for me to sell it then. I want done having fun in it. Well after last weekend it was my time. And a great family got it back. Damn it was hard to see it leave.

Attachments

• 20181020_152830.jpg
    20181020_152830.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 470
  • 20181020_152149.jpg
    20181020_152149.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 456

fmo24

Reaction score
Such a cool Boat. Always hard to see them go.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Family is first...things come and go...just like your boat. A boat will find you when it's time. Enjoy your girl ,Joel...that's what makes life what it is.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Cars and boats come and go...kids will always be your kids. I am glad to hear it went back to the family, maybe the boy had memories...and maybe it will come back your way. If nothing else, all things happen for a reason, even if you don't know what it is yet.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Bummer but awesome that you had all the time to enjoy it.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
My first boat love was sold today. I owned this boat for 15 plus years. Never would have thought I would sell it but it was time. I am glad the family who bought it was the son of the man I bought it from. This boat started my speed dreams and when I finally got it running fulfilled it. My first flat bottom and definitely not my last. Started off just buying the hull cause the owner didnt want to sell me the motor and after years he finally agreed to sell me the motor. Begged and borrowed to get the money for the motor. Years it sat not together and my now ex surprised me for my birthday buy having Dunsmore put it together. I'll never forget when Billy took my ex for a ride and it scared the shit out if her. Said she would never set butt in it again. Shortly after we had a child and it was a fight not for me to sell it then. I want done having fun in it. Well after last weekend it was my time. And a great family got it back. Damn it was hard to see it leave.

Family is first...things come and go...just like your boat. A boat will find you when it's time. Enjoy your girl ,Joel...that's what makes life what it is.

Yes, boats will come and go. Some will be rememberd fondly, others you're glad to see them leave.

Keep in mind.... a son is a son until he takes a wife. A daughter is a daughter for life.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cool story cool boat.