WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sad day my 07 f250 died

badluck

Reaction score
Say what you want about 6.0 powerstroke. That truck went 343k. Only stranded me one time. A radiator hose failed. I blame the mechanic for not changing it after 250k when he did the egr/oil cooler. I beat the crap out of it. Started drinking water, I’m guessing egr cooler or head gasket by the white smoke. She’s done. Went through 1/2 gal of coolant in 200 miles. Today she started to overheat. Had that truck for 15 yrs

USMC2010

Reaction score
I would think a gas engine repair/replacement is cheeper than a new or used pickup. Is diesel the same?

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Say what you want about 6.0 powerstroke. That truck went 343k. Only stranded me one time. A radiator hose failed. I blame the mechanic for not changing it after 250k when he did the egr/oil cooler. I beat the crap out of it. Started drinking water, I’m guessing egr cooler or head gasket by the white smoke. She’s done. Went through 1/2 gal of coolant in 200 miles. Today she started to overheat. Had that truck for 15 yrs

Thoughts and prayers.

She had a good run!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Check the oil for milkshake. If so, drain the fluids to keep the core decent. Fords are notorious for coolant issues. May not be as bad as you think...may be cancer, may just be scar tissue. Don't put her down just yet🙏

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Rebuild is cheaper than new, that’s for sure. Good luck either way you decide. If you decide on a rebuild Trenton at Mad Tech Diesel Workz can get you handled. He’s located in Rancho Cucamonga 714-470-7478

fishing fool

Reaction score
This is the place to go. I just had my head gaskets replaced (overheating) motor is not done.

Rebuild is cheaper than new, that’s for sure. Good luck either way you decide. If you decide on a rebuild Trenton at Mad Tech Diesel Workz can get you handled. He’s located in Rancho Cucamonga 714-470-7478

wash11

Reaction score
How's the rest of the truck? I get putting it down if everything is just flat wore out. I'm at 341k on my 7.3 with enough blow by to qualify for a second exhaust through the oil fill tube. Trans, transfer case, axle's and a bunch of other spendy stuff has been handled in the last 30k so seriously considering throwing a motor at it instead of spending 30k on a used shitter.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Check the oil for milkshake. If so, drain the fluids to keep the core decent. Fords are notorious for coolant issues. May not be as bad as you think...may be cancer, may just be scar tissue. Don't put her down just yet🙏
If the oil is good, I bet its just the EGR cooler which isnt THAT big of a deal. Fords seem to blow those EGR coolers much more frequently than others.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If the oil is good, I bet its just the EGR cooler which isnt THAT big of a deal. Fords seem to blow those EGR coolers much more frequently than others.
Yep, that or the oil cooler if the oil's junk. Not fun, but not terminal either. I've had really good luck with Bullet Proof Diesel's stuff. Even installed one of their egr coolers on an International "Durastar"...MDT box truck. It was drinking coolant too...like 6 gallons from Flagstaff to Prescott :oops:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yep, that or the oil cooler if the oil's junk. Not fun, but not terminal either. I've had really good luck with Bullet Proof Diesel's stuff. Even installed one of their egr coolers on an International "Durastar"...MDT box truck. It was drinking coolant too...like 6 gallons from Flagstaff to Prescott :oops:
Sounds like your Coolant mileage rivaled your fuel mileage. lol!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sounds like your Coolant mileage rivaled your fuel mileage. lol!
Thank God it wasn't my truck! That egr cooler was expensive. It was about the size of a sbc head. At least they caught it before cooking the motor.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Mines been fighting me. Im going to call Trenton to see about hospice for my truck.

TBulger

Reaction score
Yep been going to Trenton for years now, great guy and a magician with 6.0. I have 220k on mine now and it’s a great engine now.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

343K on the 6.0L might be the world record if it was never bullet proofed? If the rest of the truck is in great condition you might wanna look for a 6.7 with low miles from a donor truck? I have 331K on my 7.3L. I’ll probably shed a tear when it goes after driving it for 20 years! Hoping to get 5 more years out of it 🙏🏻

catmandu

Reaction score
Factory Ford 6.0 rebuild kit is only about 2600.00 from Ford. Bullet Proof at the same time and drive it another 400,000. My daily driver 7.3 just rolled 407K and still drives like a new truck. Cheaper then a new one , cheaper insurance.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Trenton’s truck at Mad Tech got 500k out of his 6.0 before needing anything major done. He drives the shit out of that thing.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Trenton rebuilt my dads 06 F350 after it lived a pampered life and blew up towing to moab with 85k on the clock.

That wass probably 7 years ago and she has been running better than new after bulletproofed ever since.

His service and price was impossible to beat.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Power train upgrades were never an issue with me. It's the rust that sends them to the junkyard.
Last axle I had rebuilt was about 800 bucks and that included brakes and lines. It all starts to add up but always remember some things earn their keep and deserve a tranfusion

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Power train upgrades were never an issue with me. It's the rust that sends them to the junkyard.
Last axle I had rebuilt was about 800 bucks and that included brakes and lines. It all starts to add up but always remember some things earn their keep and deserve a tranfusion
What is this rust you speak of?😂

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
What is this rust you speak of?😂
It's horrifying. It starts out as a small speck. Rust is an industry that creates many billions of dollars in revenue. If every person who lives in a rust belt moved to your neighborhood you would not be laughing.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Replace the EGR cooler. Backflush or replace the oil cooler, unless your ECT/EOT deltas are less than 15*. I'd bet the HG's are ok.

I've seen many 6.0's with crap tons of miles that aren't bulletproofed. It all comes down to maintenance and awareness. If the oil cooler ain't plugged, the chances of an EGR cooler rupturing are narrowed down a ton. Keep the oil cooler flowin, delete the EGR, and keep the batts/alt good to keep the FICM alive and 6.0's are awesome motors.

badluck

Reaction score
It’s a company truck and they are not willing to spend the money on it. Very frustrating as they are replacing it with a new 150 6cyl. It’s pretty nice shape but wore out. Sheet metal on the bed is tearing from the racks and tie downs. Had front end rebuilt 80k ago. Tires have 3000 mi on them. Just had the tail shaft replaced for a leak. Replaced the turbo the egr cooler and oil cooler and all the ac components in the last 15 yrs. A few small scratches and maybe 3-4 door dings. Definitely going to miss this truck. I put 2 gallons of coolant in it, drove 200 miles and put in 1/2 gal then drove 100 miles and put in 1-1/2 gal. Oil looks good. No milkshake.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Cheaper to keep her and fix her up than buy something new. I'm doing a bunch of work on my 7.3 right now instead of buying new.

About to start on mine, a huge oil leak started at work today, will get it towed home tomorrow so i can start on replacing everything in the valley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
About to start on mine, a huge oil leak started at work today, will get it towed home tomorrow so i can start on replacing everything in the valley

Mine runs alright no real issues. The truck only has 146k on it. My issue is the lack of power and torque compared to these new models.

If time permits and I'm not busy I'm going to drop in new 180/30 injectors, Stage 2 KC turbo, NON-EBPV pedestal, update my programmer to a hydra, New hpop, bellowed up pipes. I might do a 4 line fuel feed kit and Fass pump as well. If time doesn't permit I'll farm out all the motor work to my neighbor who owns a diesel shop. Honestly I hate leaning over the grill of a lifted truck all day long. My fat ass can't handle it anymore...

Once the motor is taken care off I'm going to get into the interior. New carpet, some steering wheel parts since my tow haul and cruise don't work properly. Update the stereo and clean up the dash and gauges.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Mine runs alright no real issues. The truck only has 146k on it. My issue is the lack of power and torque compared to these new models.

If time permits and I'm not busy I'm going to drop in new 180/30 injectors, Stage 2 KC turbo, NON-EBPV pedestal, update my programmer to a hydra, New hpop, bellowed up pipes. I might do a 4 line fuel feed kit and Fass pump as well. If time doesn't permit I'll farm out all the motor work to my neighbor who owns a diesel shop. Honestly I hate leaning over the grill of a lifted truck all day long. My fat ass can't handle it anymore...

Once the motor is taken care off I'm going to get into the interior. New carpet, some steering wheel parts since my tow haul and cruise don't work properly. Update the stereo and clean up the dash and gauges.

I believe we are after the same thing, i was supposed to have a 4 day weekend for MLK, i was gonna do the stock hpop and braided lines i made, the bellowed up pipes, KC turbo and deleted pedestal , stock injectors and glow plugs, ended up going to work ot, I guess i can get the 180cc injectors now, I already have the hydra, no plans on the fuel delivery side yet

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I believe we are after the same thing, i was supposed to have a 4 day weekend for MLK, i was gonna do the stock hpop and braided lines i made, the bellowed up pipes, KC turbo and deleted pedestal , stock injectors and glow plugs, ended up going to work ot, I guess i can get the 180cc injectors now, I already have the hydra, no plans on the fuel delivery side yet

I'm going to meet up with my neighbor Sunday and go over the details and my intentions. I'm wondering how the stock tranny will hold up with these mods? I just put a tranny in last year and just had it rebuilt to stock specs. I had no intention of keeping the truck and was looking for something newer. I may end up with a smaller injector and less aggressive turbo. I have no interest in buying a 3 to 4k built tranny right now.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
I'm going to meet up with my neighbor Sunday and go over the details and my intentions. I'm wondering how the stock tranny will hold up with these mods? I just put a tranny in last year and just had it rebuilt to stock specs. I had no intention of keeping the truck and was looking for something newer. I may end up with a smaller injector and less aggressive turbo. I have no interest in buying a 3 to 4k built tranny right now.

I’m at 330k and the trans feels like it, pretty sure when I’m done it will need attention