WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sad deal, my wife grew up with Tim and his brothers

4Waters

Reaction score
They were all 2-6 years older Tim being the youngest they did a lot together including the river and Naci. They just lost their mom less than a year ago to cancer.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
My condolences go out to you and their family. Lawless Commiefornia these days.

mach26

Reaction score
That’s terrible. Is he Rob and Randy’s brother?

rrrr

Reaction score
The victim was driving against traffic?

The incident took place at 6 p.m. when a 2018 Toyota RAV4 traveling south on PCH collided with Briley, who had been traveling north in the southbound lanes of the highway, just north of Admiralty Drive, according to a release issued Tuesday by the Huntington Beach Police Department.

Sorry to hear this.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Rrrr. The fuck does that matter. I will ride safely against traffic all the time. I like to see the dumb asses coming at me. Would u rather just get mowed down from behind? Oh maybe if he was traveling w traffic the drunk lady would of said I should go around he’s going w traffic??

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Rrrr. The fuck does that matter. I will ride safely against traffic all the time. I like to see the dumb asses coming at me. Would u rather just get mowed down from behind? Oh maybe if he was traveling w traffic the drunk lady would of said I should go around he’s going w traffic??

Head on with a bicyclist going the wrong way. That’s what happen. I see homeless people do it all the time. 😉

He took a risk, and it turned out to be a bad decision.

And we catch a DUI.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Head on with a bicyclist going the wrong way. That’s what happen. I see homeless people do it all the time. 😉

He took a risk, and it turned out to be a bad decision.

And we catch a DUI.

explain this risk? he would take the same space regardless of direction of travel so I don't see how it was a risk

wzuber

Reaction score
That's a horrible way to go....so sorry for his family and friends.
Where you getting DUI? The attached article said drugs......at her age likely presc. Meds. She still shouldn't be driving if they effect her ability to do so but lets at least try to stick to the facts as stated......
Rather than just blanket vilanise her for the sake of our own general anger/hatred....

tony

Reaction score
That's a horrible way to go....so sorry for his family and friends.
Where you getting DUI? The attached article said drugs......at her age likely presc. Meds. She still shouldn't be driving if they effect her ability to do so but lets at least try to stick to the facts as stated......
Rather than just blanket vilanise her for the sake of our own general anger/hatred....
If you want to stick with the facts then you shouldn't be claiming there prescription drugs! Where in that article does it say that?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
What a bummer. I ride bikes on that exact stretch and it is sketchy on PCH. Heading north there is a Bike Lane beach side of PCH that I always take. On the other side of PCH Harbour side it is worse. I don't care and sometimes shoot the side walk. There is no lane or place to ride.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
So sad, and my condolences to the family. Not that is matters, but DUI also pertains to drugs.( legal and illegal) Not just alcohol.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I hate it when you have to subscribe to a link...
From BikinginLA

Once again, Southern California’s killer highway has claimed a life.

But this time, the victim was at least partly at fault for riding salmon — even though he was struck by an allegedly stoned driver.

According to the Daily Pilot, 42-year old Huntington Beach resident Timothy John Briley was killed when he was struck by a driver while riding an ebike against traffic in Huntington Beach Tuesday evening.

Briley was reportedly riding north in the southbound lanes on Pacific Coast Highway, just north of Admiralty Drive, around 6 pm when he was struck head-on by an SUV driven by 70-year old Barbara Front of Huntington Beach.

He was taken to a local hospital, where he died 40 minutes later.

Front remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators; she was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence at 7:40 pm.

There are no bike lanes or other bike infrastructure on PCH north of Admiralty, and no word on whether Briley was riding in the parking lane or traffic lanes.

There’s also no word on why he was riding against traffic, although some people mistakenly believe they’re safer facing oncoming traffic. However, the reality is just the opposite.

Anyone with information is urged to call Huntington Beach traffic investigator Jeremy Rounds at 714/536-5670.

This is at least the 55th bicycling fatality in Southern California this year, and the 11th that I’m aware of in Orange County.

wzuber

Reaction score
If you want to stick with the facts then you shouldn't be claiming there prescription drugs! Where in that article does it say that?
The article said DRUGS
Not DUI...
I said "at her age LIKELY presc. Meds"
Reading comprehension matters......

WildWilly

Reaction score
The article said DRUGS
Not DUI...
I said "at her age LIKELY presc. Meds"
Reading comprehension matters......

DUI....all that means is driving under the influence...it doesn't not specify alcohol only, it can be drugs too

RaceTec

Reaction score
Super sad deal for sure, we were discussing it yesterday. My buddy witnessed it and he was struck head on going the opposite direction of traffic between the #1 and #2 lane... Not sure what caused him to do that but a sad deal none the less...

badgas

Reaction score
Sad story RIP

We often ride our bikes down the riverbed to seal beal. I always want to keep going south over the bridge into sunset ( close to where this happened ) and my wife NOT ride on the street ever regardless of bike lanes. This is good reminder for me to listen to my wife.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
explain this risk? he would take the same space regardless of direction of travel so I don't see how it was a risk
I’ll explain one of many risks if you need it.. if I’m making a right turn out of a parking lot or on a red I’m not looking right for traffic coming at me. Need more?

wzuber

Reaction score
I was merely correcting your inaccurate post. because I understand reading comprehension.
We're correct....
The last word of the link posted above said drugs...
That's all I read and assumed it was accurate w/the posted article. After your reply I opened the link and it clearly stated DUI and not "drugs".
My bad.....
Can't ever expect clear, consistant reporting on any topic these days from the media. Click bait I guess, drugs is somehow more sallatious then dui?
Regardless, very tragic accident for all involved.
Carry on.....

JDKRXW

Reaction score
My buddy witnessed it and he was struck head on going the opposite direction of traffic between the #1 and #2 lane...
Yikes.
Police report said E-bike --- So I expect he was moving pretty quick (assumption)
If this is the case - I would not want to be coming up on this guy, unexpectedly, if I was driving a car on that highway (fact).

rrrr

Reaction score
I simply asked a question, no need to amp it up. If you want to ride against traffic, have at it.

According to the BikingInLA blog post copied below, it does matter. Since it's written by someone that has significant experience with riding in the area and I haven't ridden a bike in twenty years, I'll go with their take on the situation.

It's a terrible thing the man was killed. My condolences to the family and friends.

From BikingInLA:

Once again, Southern California’s killer highway has claimed a life.

But this time, the victim was at least partly at fault for riding salmon — even though he was struck by an allegedly stoned driver.

According to the Daily Pilot, 42-year old Huntington Beach resident Timothy John Briley was killed when he was struck by a driver while riding an ebike against traffic in Huntington Beach Tuesday evening.

Briley was reportedly riding north in the southbound lanes on Pacific Coast Highway, just north of Admiralty Drive, around 6 pm when he was struck head-on by an SUV driven by 70-year old Barbara Front of Huntington Beach.

He was taken to a local hospital, where he died 40 minutes later.

Front remained at the scene and cooperated with investigators; she was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence at 7:40 pm.

There are no bike lanes or other bike infrastructure on PCH north of Admiralty, and no word on whether Briley was riding in the parking lane or traffic lanes.

There’s also no word on why he was riding against traffic, although some people mistakenly believe they’re safer facing oncoming traffic. However, the reality is just the opposite.

Anyone with information is urged to call Huntington Beach traffic investigator Jeremy Rounds at 714/536-5670.

This is at least the 55th bicycling fatality in Southern California this year, and the 11th that I’m aware of in Orange County.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Riding “salmon” is the term for riding against traffic flow?