WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

sad deal

max930

Reaction score
Happened at a local school today. Both my neighbors have kids at the school involved.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-stabbing-at-abbotsford-high-school-1.3831825

Very sad........... Hate to point out the obvious. But we have gun control and the little nut job murderers still kill. Too bad we also don't have the death penalty. Id gladly flip that switch...........

Neighbors said the killer wasn't a student.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Unfortunately these fucked up people are everywhere.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
So senseless and no way to understand how these terribly troubled minds break......

max930

Reaction score
These things just didn't happen when I was a kid in the 1980's. Even in the poorer area's, we didn't have gangs violence. Now days its getting too fucked with mall shootings, drive by shootings, etc. I blame liberalism in the public school system.

The fucked thing people keep posting video of the stabbings on social media. Shows how fucked young people are today, that they have no sense of decency that they'll post video of people being murdered.

sirbob

Reaction score
These things just didn't happen when I was a kid in the 1980's. Even in the poorer area's, we didn't have gangs violence. Now days its getting too fucked with mall shootings, drive by shootings, etc. I blame liberalism in the public school system.

The fucked thing people keep posting video of the stabbings on social media. Shows how fucked young people are today, that they have no sense of decency that they'll post video of people being murdered.

The second half of your comments are the cause in my mind. Everybody wants to be famous - the 24 hr news cycle and social media can make somebody famous around the world in 10 minutes.

In the 60/70/80s we all just lived in anonymity enjoying our simple life. We had no idea we could be know by everybody with just one act.

Now people are looking for as much fame or infamy as they can get.

It used to be a birthday party - now it's got to be ponies and circus tight ropes in your back yard or the party isn't "insta" worthy.

People are taking hostages and then turning on the news to watch themselves.

Quit looking and making a big deal of everything and it will go away if nobody cared to watch.

IMHO...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

I lived in the Detroit area for a while back in the late '60's, early'70's. There were plenty of gangs around and it was dangerous, but unless you were mugged and robbed, you were not messed with. And the gangs had some sort of code to not harm "civilians", kind of modeled after the mafia I'd suppose. Respect their area if you passed through, and you would be safe.

Things changed a lot with the advent of hard street drugs taking over. Gangs got more violent and quit worrying about line of sight when shooting the enemy. Drive byes became more prevalent and more innocents were shot just for being in the wrong place.

Now it's likened to drug crazed "cowboys" like Curly Bill exiting an opium parlor. Just randomly shoot and who gives a fuck if a bystander is hit.

And another trait is the "respect" deal these insecure fucks think is their code of life. They can get all bent up over eye contact or the wrong side of the street being "invaded".. Crazy stupid people degenerating their communities into 3rd world shot holes.:thumbsdown

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The second half of your comments are the cause in my mind. Everybody wants to be famous - the 24 hr news cycle and social media can make somebody famous around the world in 10 minutes.

In the 60/70/80s we all just lived in anonymity enjoying our simple life. We had no idea we could be know by everybody with just one act.

Now people are looking for as much fame or infamy as they can get.

It used to be a birthday party - now it's got to be ponies and circus tight ropes in your back yard or the party isn't "insta" worthy.

People are taking hostages and then turning on the news to watch themselves.

Quit looking and making a big deal of everything and it will go away if nobody cared to watch.

IMHO...

i gotta get ponies and tight ropes? we r just doing a bounce house for Daniels b day..

sirbob

Reaction score
You're coming up short Dave :)