Sad outcome in the incident last week

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My Account
Log Out
Menu

Boy dies after crash on Lake Havasu
A 16-year-old California boy has died after suffering critical injuries when his personal watercraft collided with a boat on Arizona's Lake Havasu last weekend. (Courtesy)
A 16-year-old California boy has died after suffering critical injuries when his personal watercraft collided with a boat on Arizona's Lake Havasu last weekend. (Courtesy)

By Associated Press
Originally Published: June 19, 2021 5:18 p.m.

LAKE HAVASU CITY - A 16-year-old California boy has died after suffering critical injuries when his personal watercraft collided with a boat on Arizona's Lake Havasu last weekend.
The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office said Friday that Jorge Contreras of Rialto, California was pronounced dead at a Las Vegas hospital on Tuesday.
The sheriff's office said the teen's speed, inexperience and operation of the personal watercraft played a role in the crash with the 28-foot boat that threw the teen off his watercraft in the lake’s North Basin. No charges will be filed against the 49-year-old man from Kingman, Arizona who was steering the boat.
Authorities say the man and other bystanders immediately called 911, pulled the boy from the water and took him to Lake Havasu State Park to meet paramedics.
DonateReport a TypoContact

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Horrible for everyone involved. The kid screwed up, but will never get the chance to learn from it. The people in the boat try to do things right, but it still is an event that will stay with them :(

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
He had been brain dead a very long time, family made the decision to unplug recently. Hopefully during that time some of his organs were donated.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Does anyone know what type of impact? I know all kinds of things can go wrong, and don't want "details". I just want to be able to tell my kids what can, and does, happen if you don't pay attention to surroundings. I had heard "speed" was the issue, but today was the first I'd heard of another vessel involved.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
And that's why I don't drink on the water. If the driver of the boat had been drinking, the blame would have been shifted to him no doubt.
Not a drop here either!!!! Too many inexperienced, non-knowing, noncaring people on this lake to even think about having a beer and skippering a boat. One beer and you're liable for ANYTHING that goes on around the boat. Maybe NOT the law but the lawyers will make it against the skipper.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Not a drop here either!!!! Too many inexperienced, non-knowing, noncaring people on this lake to even think about having a beer and skippering a boat. One beer and you're liable for ANYTHING that goes on around the boat. Maybe NOT the law but the lawyers will make it against the skipper.
Yup, switched over to Busch NA on the boat a few years ago, stupid shit can happen in an instant and your screwed with a BAC.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Does anyone know what type of impact? I know all kinds of things can go wrong, and don't want "details". I just want to be able to tell my kids what can, and does, happen if you don't pay attention to surroundings. I had heard "speed" was the issue, but today was the first I'd heard of another vessel involved.

Tell your kids that operating a motor vehicle comes with risk of death. And on the water, if a head strikes fiberglass at speed the head loses.

gqchris

Reaction score
Yup, switched over to Busch NA on the boat a few years ago, stupid shit can happen in an instant and your screwed with a BAC.
It really is the shit nightmares are made of. I have really toned back as well. It is rolling the dice and your life is completely changed if something like this happens and you have ANY alcohol on board.

My new go to is just bring a cooler to the channel and watch this shit show. No boat, no worries. Its kinda fun. lol.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I know we all start somewhere, my trailer thread is a perfect example of that but some of these newbies are down right scary. My approach with the trailer is take it nice and slow and ask questions. These new operators seem to be wide open with the I got this attitude. I had to shut it down multiple times on memorial weekend. Moving right along 50 or 60 mph and having Sea doos and boats cut my bow or just get way too close for no reason. I would just shut it down and hope that they would realize I shut it down because of them. Most likely they didn’t understand or realize they did anything wrong but it’s pretty stressful.

RIP to the young man. That’s awful

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I know we all start somewhere, my trailer thread is a perfect example of that but some of these newbies are down right scary. My approach with the trailer is take it nice and slow and ask questions. These new operators seem to be wide open with the I got this attitude. I had to shut it down multiple times on memorial weekend. Moving right along 50 or 60 mph and having Sea doos and boats cut my bow or just get way too close for no reason. I would just shut it down and hope that they would realize I shut it down because of them. Most likely they didn’t understand or realize they did anything wrong but it’s pretty stressful.

RIP to the young man. That’s awful
Totally agree. After looking behind me, I've shut it down numerous times. Always best, when you have no idea what the other operator is going to do next. Typically, neither does the other operator.