WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sad Story: Lake Tahoe claims a Mother's life (almost 2) Friday night

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Woman drowns in Lake Tahoe, 6 kids rescued from boat adrift after father jumps in to save her
The woman's husband was found suffering from 'severe hypothermia'

A woman drowned in Lake Tahoe on Friday night during a family outing, despite the efforts of her husband to save her, authorities said.

The Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District said the incident happened around 5:30 p.m. near Zephyr Cove on the California-Nevada border.

The woman, who has not yet been identified, jumped from a boat into the frigid water to swim but then became distressed and asked for help, according to officials.

Her husband jumped in with a life vest on to try to help her. Officials said the boat then floated away with the couple's six children aboard.

A woman drowned in Lake Tahoe late Friday and 6 children were rescued from a boat that drifted away after their father jumped in to help.

"The boat was adrift with six kids on board in middle of Lake by Zephyr Cove," rescue officials tweeted.

The boat was found around 9 p.m. after people heard the children on board yelling for help, officials told FOX40. The father was later found suffering from "severe hypothermia."

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Always sorry to hear these things. People really need to understand the dangers associated with boating so a fun family outing doesn't turn into a tragic event.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Water temperature in Lake Tahoe today is 16.8°C/62.2°F

Cold Water – Defined as water that is 70 degrees and below. Tahoe water temps range from 40 degrees in winter to 70 degrees in summer. Lake Tahoe water is always cold! Survival – Time in cold water is greatly increased when you wear a life jacket.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I jumped in at Naciemiento with no vest (many years ago) at a New Years day boat event , I remember that it was so cold I could barley move my arms to swim scared the bejeezus out of me ...STUPID

dribble

Reaction score
I once waterskied in Emerald Bay on a 70 degree day with no wetsuit. I was so cold that when the boat made a pass by the island I skied over to it and pulled myself up on a rock. Tahoe is not the lake to be careless on.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
8C1CD9BF-56EA-4A06-903A-6C412959B3D5.jpeg

Tragic.

Folks may not realize that you can get hypothermia in 78 degree water.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
RIP Mother....

F!!!!

The first thing is THROW F.ing VEST or seat cushion to the person in the water!!!!!

Come on PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Don't they teach that on the rental boats????

PaPaG

Reaction score
It sure is sad that someone passes away while on vacation trying to have a great memory with family. RIP for the poor lady and my condolences go out to her family. The water in Tahoe can get so darn cold that you cannot even feel your feet or hands within a few minutes if not constantly moving them around. Been going to Tahoe for over 50 years since I was just a baby and Dad always taught me to never jump in, walk in slowly slide in if on a boat and get used to it so you don't get shocked and breath in water when under.....sad event for sure...

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
This is why I decided not to jump in at the bottom of Hoover dam on the damn dam run. too cold and might have gone in to shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This is why I decided not to jump in at the bottom of Hoover dam on the damn dam run. too cold and might have gone in to shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart man, that water is COLD.