WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Safety chains worked

4Waters

Reaction score
Holy shit, DFW area is all I know, wife saw it on FB

IMG_20220814_175852.jpg

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Damn. That must have just happened because there is not one piece of emergency equipment there yet.

I would be surprised if people are not hurt badly from that. Although there is the one guy there looking at the boat so ?????

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Ahhh now I know why there were so many emergency vehicles headed that way on the 114. Hope everyone was OK.

wzuber

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what the ladder on the ground just beyond the truck had to do with this situstion if any? Was it in the back of his truck and just flew out in the crash or was he avoiding it possibly causing the crash?
That was a real...ohshit moment if their ever was one. I'd say those water barrels saved his bacon...

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Kinda looks like a Cobalt bote.
If so, that was indeed an "oh shit!" moment.
Hope all are OK. Wonder what actually happened?🤔

Groper

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious that he used the wrong size Prop, probably too much pitch I'll bet 🤔

4Waters

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious that he used the wrong size Prop, probably too much pitch I'll bet 🤔
IDK, looks like it came on plane🛫 pretty quick, bet he has a 15p and needs a 19p🤪🤣

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Damn. That must have just happened because there is not one piece of emergency equipment there yet.

I would be surprised if people are not hurt badly from that. Although there is the one guy there looking at the boat so ?????
He’s probably looking to see if the outdrive and the prop are okay and if he can still salvage the weekend at the lake. Or he’s looking at the 2 hooks just under the swim step at each side thinking “If there was some kind of strap I could use to attach from these hooks to the trailer, the boat may have not shot off the trailer and over the truck”.

Roosky01

Reaction score
I had no idea that crab steering was even an option on a Super Duty?

Justfishing

Reaction score
If you have the bow chained and strapped to the trailer as well as the stern i wouldnt have expected it to ride into and over the cab as well as going 100 feet more

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Those of you that say transom tie downs would have prevented this. I don’t agree. I went from calif to Florida to get my fastech 312. And pulled her home. The freeway in Louisiana suck, beyond potholed. I had the proper ties on the transom. We stopped for fuel. I was dragging one of them, the ,”S” hook was straightened out. The other, was hanging from the transom tie down, and the ,”S” hook at the trailer end straitened out. This was just from bouncing hard. They might help, a little, but for holding back a heavy ass boat, Nop..

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Either hauling and a sudden stop or he got rear ended. Still sucks.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Those of you that say transom tie downs would have prevented this. I don’t agree. I went from calif to Florida to get my fastech 312. And pulled her home. The freeway in Louisiana suck, beyond potholed. I had the proper ties on the transom. We stopped for fuel. I was dragging one of them, the ,”S” hook was straightened out. The other, was hanging from the transom tie down, and the ,”S” hook at the trailer end straitened out. This was just from bouncing hard. They might help, a little, but for holding back a heavy ass boat, Nop..
Trailer tie downs will never prevent this. Unless it’s some little 200 pound tin can with a 5 horse Johnson outboard.

Tie downs only help hold the boat to the trailer so the trailer suspension can act on the whole load as a unit, and to prevent the boat and trailer from bouncing independently which is hard on everything and typically breaks bunks and trailers.

If you want to hold the boat on the trailer for a sudden crash stop or getting rear ended by someone I don’t even think superglue would help. And you’d need tie downs so massive theyd probably fold the trailer in half like a taco.