WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Safety Meeting!! Need opinions.

Backlash

Reaction score
There are plenty of tire shops that will patch a tire if the puncture is in the tread area of the tire. That's never been a problem. The issue is where YOUR puncture is located. And no, some of us dont drive on blown out tires. Some of us are perfectly capable of changing a tire on the side of a road. 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
These are the Radial Trail HD, different tire than before. I had a set of these and had no problems with them.

With the reputation Carsile had (well deserved, ask me how I know) they couldn't Still be in business building the same POS tires. They Have to be better theses days!

But with that being said, there is no way I would buy them. Fuck them for ripping up my trailer. 🖕🖕

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
If you put a tube in it, why even patch the tiny hole?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
There are plenty of tire shops that will patch a tire if the puncture is in the tread area of the tire. That's never been a problem. The issue is where YOUR puncture is located. And no, some of us dont drive on blown out tires. Some of us are perfectly capable of changing a tire on the side of a road. 👍

I agree. However I have watched the areas that tires shops are willing to patch shrink over the years to a 2”-3” section down the middle of the tread. The reason they don’t patch them is because of the liability... and wanting to sell you a tire(s). Not because tire construction has degraded.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
With the reputation Carsile had (well deserved, ask me how I know) they couldn't Still be in business building the same POS tires. They Have to be better theses days!

But with that being said, there is no way I would buy them. Fuck them for ripping up my trailer. 🖕🖕

I’m not super worried. These seem to have good reviews and I am on it about checking tire pressures. I had a set of these before, and they were good. I’m also not loading these up to the limit either.

jetur

Reaction score
I worked in a tire shop back when it was PC to patch a sidewall. The sidewall patches held fine. Maybe the glue held better back then, I dunno. But once they went out they didnt come back, so they held. I would patch it.

WYRD

Reaction score
As just a Spare, like anybody, sure.
BUT !! you are asking from the of a Safety meeting, OSHA, Appointed safety guy with your company POV............. not only no, Hell NO.
Lord forbid 18 months from now that tire blow, causing God knows what kind of accident. Property damage, lord forbid personally injury or death ?
Lawyer will find the records, who signed off on that tire to be used knowing it was damaged.....
Negligent Homicide. Guilty.
Ask me how I know.......
its a fucking tire. Throw it in the dumpster. AND make a written record of doing so CYA buddy.
Apparently you scored higher on the OSHA exam then you did on the EPA...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
An update -

My replacement tire was lost by Fedex. 1 of the 2 America's Tire shops nearby had in stock exactly 1 of my exact tire. No other tire was available within an hours drive. I took this as a sign and went there and purchased their single tire and had them install my 3 good ones.

They burglarized 3 hours of my time after telling me it would be done in an hour and 20 minutes. But anyway the trailer has 4 new tires in perfect condition. When my replacement tire comes, I will have that mounted on my spare.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There’s a reason the Goodyear is more. And it’s worth it.

I think is rather run Carlisle than Goodyear. Pure junk.

I used to run Michelin Light Truck tires on my toy hauler. Couldn't afford em this time around, so I went with Cooper tires. They came with a wear and construction warranty. 80psi tires. So far, so good. 👍🏼

4Waters

Reaction score
As long as you run that tire hard through Beaumont it should be fine 😉

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I ran the newer Goodyears with no issues. I can’t comment on the older ones- but I see they have horrible reviews.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I think is rather run Carlisle than Goodyear. Pure junk.

I used to run Michelin Light Truck tires on my toy hauler. Couldn't afford em this time around, so I went with Cooper tires. They came with a wear and construction warranty. 80psi tires. So far, so good. 👍🏼
The marathons were junk. The new endurance are better.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The marathons were junk. The new endurance are better.

Back when I worked for Lexus, they used Goodyear for a number of years. Constant blowouts, over and over and over again! Lexus finally stopped running them after a few years.

They are right there with Carlisle in my book.

wzuber

Reaction score
An update -

My replacement tire was lost by Fedex. 1 of the 2 America's Tire shops nearby had in stock exactly 1 of my exact tire. No other tire was available within an hours drive. I took this as a sign and went there and purchased their single tire and had them install my 3 good ones.

They burglarized 3 hours of my time after telling me it would be done in an hour and 20 minutes. But anyway the trailer has 4 new tires in perfect condition. When my replacement tire comes, I will have that mounted on my spare.
Nice, now you can be environmentaly responsible and donate that tire to mexico. That's a AAA grade tire down there. Lol