WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Said goodbye today- my heart's destroyed...

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
We were up all night trying to soothe her, but she was literally drowning in fluid and struggling to breathe and choking with her little heart pounding away.

Had the doc come to the house today so we could say goodbye on our terms, our way.
Guy was as cool as its possible to be.

I'm a complete and utter wreck.

Dave

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Sorry. Never an easy decision even when you know it's the right thing to do.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, it always sucks even though you know you’re ending the suffering.:(

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss of your family member. It's never easy and it shouldn't be.

Take solace in knowing you gave her/him and she/he gave you unconditional love and you were always there for each other.

I've been through this too many times (once is too much) and when they're suffering it's very, very tough emotionally.

sixdays

La Flama Blanca
Reaction score
This crushes me as we just started a new chapter with a puppy. Going through what you’ve been through is literally the hardest thing in life, I’d imagine, next to losing a child...I’m not looking forward to that day but the years of awesome memories and love make it worth it!

redone76

Reaction score
IMG_5395.jpg

Feel your pain bud. Just got my little buddy back. Made him a stainless plaque for his ash box. 16.5 years with him left a hole in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m sorry Dave.. :(. My dog recently started showing some of the signs of older and I am really dreading it already.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Sorry dude, some of the hardest days we will ever see in life.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Losing such an important part of the family is never easy. So sorry.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Worst day in a fur baby family's life is when they go or we have to help them to rest in peace. Sorry for your loss we know exactly how you feel. It never gets easier but remember this, you gave your fur baby the best life possible during her life here on earth and she loved you guys more than you will ever know and visa versa I am sure.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Fuck fuck fuck I hate these threads. I’m so sorry.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Very sorry about your loss mate.:(

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss Dave. They truly are family members and it is so hard when they leave us.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I am so sad for you, this totally sucks. Sorry brother, I know she was blessed to have you!

mobldj

Reaction score
its ok to cry,i cry everyday for my old lab thats gone.they steal your heart and soul............

HBCraig

Reaction score
These threads always tear at you.

Sorry dude

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Fucking sucks!!! Sitting here now with my old ass pooch and just know that this day is coming soon. Best dog/ friend I have ever had.

Sorry for your loss...

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. My heart aches for what you are going through...

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I hate these threads... sorry Dave [emoji20]

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Sorry UD. [emoji22]

bocco

Reaction score
I never got this until we got a dog. Listen to this video. I hope it helps.

DLC

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss!

We said good by to our Rubi (Aussie shepherd) over memorial weekend and it seems just like yesterday.
Pain still hurts. Rubi would lay at the Frt door waiting for me to come home, she had a one of a kind personality.

But just know they are waiting for you, one day you’ll all be back together and can play the endless game of fetch, happy times once again!

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss!

We said good by to our Rubi (Aussie shepherd) over memorial weekend and it seems just like yesterday.
Pain still hurts. Rubi would lay at the Frt door waiting for me to come home, she had a one of a kind personality.

But just know they are waiting for you, one day you’ll all be back together and can play the endless game of fetch, happy times once again!

:( Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: DLC

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
We were up all night trying to soothe her, but she was literally drowning in fluid and struggling to breathe and choking with her little heart pounding away.

Had the doc come to the house today so we could say goodbye on our terms, our way.

Dave
My heart aches for you.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Saturday was the one year anniversary of the last one I lost. I was able to do it similar to you, her legs just quit working on her, Dr came to the house, very peaceful and calm. I literally did nothing all day, just weighed on my mind even with 2 puppies running around. For me is the worst part of life having to let go of the fur kids, never had kids myself so my dogs are my family.

Very sorry sir. It gets easier, but definitely takes time.

wzuber

Reaction score

Dave

So Sorry to read this U.D. I know exactly how you feel and it's the absolute worst. My heart aches for everyone I read having to go thru this. Cancer is evil shit. My wife and I have gone thru this with our last two fur babies and my mom just a month ago. Doing everything you can to help them and yet watching them struggle is a horrible feeling only to have to say good bye. I wish I could say or do something to ease your pain but I know It doesn't really exist. I was a total emotional wreck for a couple days after saying good bye to my chocolate lab Reese in Oct. and It still hurts a little every time I see picks of her but it's getting better. I hope the heart wrenching pain eases for you and your family soon. So very, very sorry.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Thanks everyone- super rough day.

To the guys that saw the thread title and couldn't even bring themselves to click it open because its too close to home - I understand.
Same with the guys that clicked and just dont know what to say or dont want to say anything- I get that too.

I really appreciate the support of my "boating family" and will do my best to be there for you all.

you guys are great

Dave

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Really sorry Dave there’s few things harder than trying to say goodbye to a friend like that

rivergames

Reaction score
Once of the hardest things to go through. Very very sorry! RIP!

500bbc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear UD, we have two on the bubble right now.:(

One2go

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss,Been through this few times to many, I can tell that was a loved pup and lived a great life.