WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sales Tax in Parker

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Stopped at Taco Bell in Parker yesterday, on a $10.00 order the sales tax was $1.76, is this a fast food thing or is the sales tax 17.6% everywhere?:headscratch:

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
ooooops
sales.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Indian tax that was passed recently. It adds 10% to everything..

Wow, no big deal for something like yesterday, but I sure won't go to Walmart for a major purchase on something that Havasu might be out of, or a purchase at Parker Yamaha.:eek

76 Southwind

Reaction score
as in groceries , gas oil change service? The whole enchilada? :eek

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Maybe now they can at least loosen up their slots.:D

2Driver

Reaction score
We come in loaded. Don't run to Parker for crap unless absolutely necessary.

Misc stuff I pick up at Mc's or river island mkt. $4.99 14" pepperoni is pretty good. Gas up in Wickenburg or at Mc's market. Dinner out is usually the Springs.

LOL sorry CRIT [emoji12]

grumpy88

Reaction score
I wonder if spankys knew before they committed so heavily ?

Deception88

Reaction score
No wonder my huge purchase at Spankys was so damn much. $150 in taxes lmao

rvrrun

Reaction score
Well, that puts a hamper on my fuel stop/Big Belly fix on the way home.

Taboma

Reaction score
Would this apply to Parker Yamaha, or are they not on Indian land ?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Indian tax that was passed recently. It adds 10% to everything..

I thought that 10% CRIT tax was only placed on "prepared food items" at businesses on Res land. So, it is now on "everything"?

milkmoney

Reaction score
So if ur going boating. Don't fuel up in town, get it on the water at pirates [emoji202]

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Wow, no big deal for something like yesterday, but I sure won't go to Walmart for a major purchase on something that Havasu might be out of, or a purchase at Parker Yamaha.:eek

I think it's more of a restaurant tax, don't believe it shows on a Walmart ticket, I can look. Also, I was thinking AZ was already 9% so the additional was less, but yes, try to eat upriver.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I think it's more of a restaurant tax, don't believe it shows on a Walmart ticket, I can look. Also, I was thinking AZ was already 9% so the additional was less, but yes, try to eat upriver.

Apparently there's a question about what is affected, a tax on everything does seems a little excessive.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed it too when I was there recently, especially on Restaurants. [emoji15]

boatnam2

Reaction score
Good thing about having a Filipino gf that looks Indian, we get over on not paying tax lot of the times, on a bad note the indian chief asking her to try on a bikini at walmart at 7am kind of creeped her out lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Would this apply to Parker Yamaha, or are they not on Indian land ?

Boatcop is the guy that knows on all this. He posted about it not that long ago. I "believe" (Meaning this could be wrong). The town of Parker is like one square mile near downtown. Businesses located in that town aren't subject, but everything else is. I also believe the Tax is on everything. Hopefully he will come and clear it once and for all.

236eagledave

Reaction score
Best part is the tribal members are exempt from all sales tax.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score

screw that . I not even going to stop for gas or food now.
fuel up, eat in havasu. Sure will miss the small cafe "Cross Roads"

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
Misinformation is dangerous and I hope that people don't boycott businesses that aren't affected by this tax. Below is the link to where Boatcop posted the article. The 10% is a prepared food and lodging tax. So Parker Oil, Spanky's, Parker Yamaha, etc. are not affected. McDonald's, Subway, Taco Bell, and the other restaurants in the Town of Parker are affected.
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?155799-Parker-sales-tax/page3

JBS

Reaction score
Misinformation is dangerous and I hope that people don't boycott businesses that aren't affected by this tax. Below is the link to where Boatcop posted the article. The 10% is a prepared food and lodging tax. So Parker Oil, Spanky's, Parker Yamaha, etc. are not affected. McDonald's, Subway, Taco Bell, and the other restaurants in the Town of Parker are affected.
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?155799-Parker-sales-tax/page3

Just stop with facts

Taboma

Reaction score
OK, so referencing back to Boat Cops posts in the linked thread from almost a year ago ---

The entire town of Parker because it lies within the "Exterior Boundary" of the reservation makes every business susceptible to additional CRIT taxes, just to varying degrees depending on the nature of the business.

Businesses within the city limits on private property can not be forced to collect the tax, but can be boycotted by CRIT members if they refuse.

Currently the range for "General Sales", as it would apply to Parker Oil or Parker Yamaha (As examples) is 2%, but the established tax range is 1% -7%, so could at some time in the future could be as much as 7% or a total sales tax of approx 17.6 %.

I too have unsuccessfully searched for that map that defines the city limits of Parker. Even Google can't seem to find one :headscratch:

76 Southwind

Reaction score
Dug up a Spankys receipt from the 5th of this month. Tax was like 9.65 %. Guessing no CRIT tax at Spankys..

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Ya, was at Spankys Sunday and standard sales tax.... not CRIT tax in addition.

Englewood

Reaction score
They need more revenue so even less of them actually have to get a job.

CRIT is run by a bunch of idiots. They couldn't even run Bluewater right.

It's only a matter of time until the restaurants that are subject to this tax close up shop due to lost revenue.

One of the owners of Desert Off-Road is an Indian so she isn't being prosecuted for taking part in the theft and damage of 20+ boats. She is gonna walk free.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Here are a few receipts from Walmart it seems that Alcohol is taxed the crit tax but the regular items are not.

IMG_4055.jpg

never happy

Reaction score
We went to the new bulldog cafe by subway and it was almost 20% tax ... my first thought was how will this survive in this town ! 30.00 for 2 sandwiches and a soda!