WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Salt Lake City

nordictom

Reaction score
The thread about St. George got me thinking...…………..

Daughter is in the masters program at the U in SLC. Wife bought her a used Toyota 4runner to get around in. I went through it, before we shipped it to her. It is a used vehicle, so I am sure something is going to break, or at least need to be serviced.

Any peep's in the SLC area that can recommend a "honest" Toyota repair shop in SLC?

Thanks,
NT

wallnutz

Reaction score

Daughter is in the masters program at the U in SLC. Wife bought her a used Toyota 4runner to get around in. I went through it, before we shipped it to her. It is a used vehicle, so I am sure something is going to break, or at least need to be serviced.

Any peep's in the SLC area that can recommend a "honest" Toyota repair shop in SLC?

Thanks,
NT
I did the same thing when my daughter went to school in Cedar City. I asked around, then on one trip up to see her I went and checked out the recommendations and introduced myself, thank god she only needed them once to fix a tire.

nordictom

Reaction score
We were just up there for her graduation from the U. Didn't really have much time to check out shops. I just worry that some shop will try to buffalo her into something she doesn't need.

Good thing, her god parent's youngest son (sort of older brother to her) lives & works up in Park City. I also have a buddy that lives in Orem. Works at the Honda dealer, but told me he would let the mech's touch anything of his. he's checking around for me, but hasn't really got any feed back yet.

Thanks,
NT

Deception88

Reaction score

Thanks,
NT

We run a towing company in Salt Lake City and deal with numerous dealerships and shops. Mark Miller Toyota in downtown Salt Lake is a great dealership for service work, ask for Bruce in service and he will take care of you.

If your not looking for a dealership but an honest hard working guy, Don at Emissions Now in South Salt Lake (801) 261-5492. He’s a one man band but is awesome to work with and won’t jerk you around. Does all my personal vehicles plus what he can on my tow trucks. Tell him Dealership Towing sent ya!

If she ever needs any roadside assistance or a tow if something we’re to happen tell her to give us a call (801) 328-2886 and we will take care of it!

nordictom

Reaction score
We run a towing company in Salt Lake City and deal with numerous dealerships and shops. Mark Miller Toyota in downtown Salt Lake is a great dealership for service work, ask for Bruce in service and he will take care of you.

If your not looking for a dealership but an honest hard working guy, Don at Emissions Now in South Salt Lake (801) 261-5492. He’s a one man band but is awesome to work with and won’t jerk you around. Does all my personal vehicles plus what he can on my tow trucks. Tell him Dealership Towing sent ya!

If she ever needs any roadside assistance or a tow if something we’re to happen tell her to give us a call (801) 328-2886 and we will take care of it!

Thanks!!!

I will pass the info over to her.

NT

nordictom

Reaction score
Just wanted to revive an old thread.

BTW, Mark Miller Toyota treated her like crap, so she won't go there. The Emissions Now shop is closed. She did find a Toyota shop ( I can't remember the name), but the guy that ran it told her he was closing down to take a break.

SO, the Daughter is getting nervous, about having the catalytic converter getting stolen (Her friend at work just had hers stolen). I found a few theft prevention items, but she won't be able to install herself.

So, back to looking for an honest toyota shop for her, in the SLC area.

TIA

NT

kurtis500

Reaction score
Enginuity. Theyve fixed our stuff numerous times and great guys to work with. Right in Murray area. Id take my vehicles in AZ to have fixed there if I could.

5926 Stratler Street
Murray, UT 84107
Phone: (801) 268-0125

JD D05

Reaction score
I live in SLC and am happy to ask around. My good friend is a very talented mechanic but he really doesn't like working on stuff like this anymore. Does the vehicle just need a look or any specific that needs fixed?

nordictom

Reaction score
Enginuity. Theyve fixed our stuff numerous times and great guys to work with. Right in Murray area. Id take my vehicles in AZ to have fixed there if I could.

5926 Stratler Street
Murray, UT 84107
Phone: (801) 268-0125
I will pass this over to her. She lives off of the 215 & Cottonwood Canyon

Thanks,
NT

nordictom

Reaction score
I live in SLC and am happy to ask around. My good friend is a very talented mechanic but he really doesn't like working on stuff like this anymore. Does the vehicle just need a look or any specific that needs fixed?
Yes, please ask around. She has been treated like crap at the Toyota Dealer, and a few other indy shops. most likely because she's a woman. For her 4 Runner, she needs a shop that will treat her right, perform normal maintenance, etc.. The catalytic converter theft deterrent parts; IDK, I will need to ask around to see who will / could install them.

We are probably going to be in SLC for Thanksgiving. I don't cherish the thought of working on her truck in the driveway, especially if it's snowing.

Thanks, NT

JD D05

Reaction score
Yes, please ask around. She has been treated like crap at the Toyota Dealer, and a few other indy shops. most likely because she's a woman. For her 4 Runner, she needs a shop that will treat her right, perform normal maintenance, etc.. The catalytic converter theft deterrent parts; IDK, I will need to ask around to see who will / could install them.

We are probably going to be in SLC for Thanksgiving. I don't cherish the thought of working on her truck in the driveway, especially if it's snowing.

Thanks, NT
Ok I will.

BingerFang

Reaction score
To prevent catalytic theft just have a skid plate bolted on. It’s not cheap but it’s cheaper than replacing the cat once it’s stolen.

McKay

Reaction score
Hmm. Have worked downtown SLC for over 20 years, live 20 min south. I have never heard of a cat theft ever out here. Never know I guess.

We use a shop often for my work vehicles called Little Garage on 300 west in SLC. About 5 miles from the U. Do a decent job and do what they say.

nordictom

Reaction score
Hmm. Have worked downtown SLC for over 20 years, live 20 min south. I have never heard of a cat theft ever out here. Never know I guess.

We use a shop often for my work vehicles called Little Garage on 300 west in SLC. About 5 miles from the U. Do a decent job and do what they say.
Daughter just told me about her co-workers cat getting stolen. Starting reading up on SLC Cat theft, one of the news station did a piece on it, https://www.ksl.com/article/5
0396342/putting-the-brakes-on-catalytic-converter-theft-matt-gephardt-tests-some-deterrents

theft of them is up almost 600%. I guess there was a big problem on the U campus. Seems like the Utah Gov't is taking it seriously, some new laws passed.

I will pass the shop info to her.

Thanks,

NT

nordictom

Reaction score
To prevent catalytic theft just have a skid plate bolted on. It’s not cheap but it’s cheaper than replacing the cat once it’s stolen.
Talon makes a nice one, pricey at $400. I guess it's cheap insurance.

stillhustlin

Reaction score
Check out performance place in south Jordan. When I was running a fleet for a construction company we took everything there. They have done multiple cats for us. Honest work at a decent price.

kurtis500

Reaction score

We've had a few stolen here in Park City. All of them at a condo where cars are grouped in a parking lot.

pixrthis

Reaction score

If you spend any time there do yourself a favor and try this place. The food is unreal.

nordictom

Reaction score
Check out performance place in south Jordan. When I was running a fleet for a construction company we took everything there. They have done multiple cats for us. Honest work at a decent price.
Thanks. I will pass this over to her.

raysmuffler

Reaction score
I own a shop about 20mi north of Cottonwood Canyon. Ray's Muffler Service in Bountiful Utah. We are a family owned business thats been around since 1970. We work on all makes and models and not just mufflers. We do just about anything undercar. If she can't find a good place closer to where she lives we would be glad to help her out. DM me if you have any questions.

nordictom

Reaction score
I own a shop about 20mi north of Cottonwood Canyon. Ray's Muffler Service in Bountiful Utah. We are a family owned business thats been around since 1970. We work on all makes and models and not just mufflers. We do just about anything undercar. If she can't find a good place closer to where she lives we would be glad to help her out. DM me if you have any questions.
Thanks, So you are up near Diesel Brothers? I know she is familiar with that area.

raysmuffler

Reaction score
Yep about 3miles from Diesel Brothers shop. They actually filmed an episode last year in my shop. Haven't seen it aired yet. Maybe because the network didn't renew them for another season.