WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Salutations Boating World!

BoatingChick

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Karen here from West Los Angeles. New to River Dave's Place however I have been reading threads for years!! I am 30 years old and I have been boating all my life since being in the womb. My parents were river rats and thus I can call myself a native. Havasu is like a second home, and even after traveling the world, it is probably my favorite place still. My dad just sold his boat and I am getting older now, so I am about to buy my first boat!!! Very excited. Probably going to join the eliminator family and buy a Daytona open bow however we have our eyes on a couple open bow cats, as well as a Nordic.

Anyway thats my story for now....look forward to asking you all a lot of questions :)

Thanks!

Karen:p

milkmoney

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus [emoji12][emoji202]
Pics of new boat when u get it [emoji106][emoji106]

MalibuKen

Rockstar Rocks!
Reaction score
Howdy! Glad you could make it, and just in time too. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and we need new blood to even things out. :) Welcome, and enjoy! :D :D

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Hi Karen and welcome aboard:thumbup:

We're happy to have you here.........lots of great knowledge here and opinions too........Hang in there, looking forward to meeting you one of these days!!:cool

downriver34

Reaction score
Welcome! That new Nordic that Ziggy has is beautiful, Also check out the Cobra 27 Python it has nice amenities as well.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP Karen.:thumbup:

BoatingChick

Reaction score
any thoughts? comparisons? turning? tubing, wakeboarding, skiing possible behind these boats? It has come down to either a 25' eliminator 454 mag or 23' ultra shadow deck with a 496 ho....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
any thoughts? comparisons? turning? tubing, wakeboarding, skiing possible behind these boats? It has come down to either a 25' eliminator 454 mag or 23' ultra shadow deck with a 496 ho....

I'm by no means an expert. But I've asked the question since I want to go fast but also have kids and like water sports. I've been told it's possible but not really practical. Basically I've come to the conclusions that my family will probably own multiple boats. [emoji3]

BoatingChick

Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert. But I've asked the question since I want to go fast but also have kids and like water sports. I've been told it's possible but not really practical. Basically I've come to the conclusions that my family will probably own multiple boats. [emoji3]

I think I am right there with you completely...going fast probably wins so I think our decision will most likely based on that....just makes me sad because I LOVE to wakeboard :boo: hopefully whichever we choose I will be at least be able to ride without tricks...

BoatingChick

Reaction score
Any reason for cat instead of v?

We like the way it looks, kind of grew on us. I was raised on my uncles Eliminator Eagle, and my dad's Carrera so I would be conditioned to like a V hull but I really like cats....also because my little one (5 year old son) likes to jump off the boat and it's makes me more comfortable if he jumped off the front away from the motor....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
We like the way it looks, kind of grew on us. I was raised on my uncles Eliminator Eagle, and my dad's Carrera so I would be conditioned to like a V hull but I really like cats....also because my little one (5 year old son) likes to jump off the boat and it's makes me more comfortable if he jumped off the front away from the motor....

So something with a walk off now would probably be nice. Have you driven a cat before? I grew up on bayliner a (I know i know) and that played a big part in the cobra build. I was used to 19' boats so to me the 230 was HUGE! 2 years later I think a 26 may have been better. Didn't really know anything about cats so that wasn't even an option. I joined this site and started reading and posting a ton. I've learned a whole bunch here. It wasnt till recently one of the members was really cool and not only took me for a ride in his cat but let me drive it. It was sooooo different from my razor. It's was a whippled 525 so the acceleration was crazy and it was the fastest I've ever been in a boat. THe ride was much different though. The best way I can think to describe it was infelt kind of like I was skipping across the water not in the water. I didn't do any hard turns or anything but i could notice the difference. I would need a lot of seat time to feel comfortable. Of course after the ride I was hooked and have been trying to talk my wife into a deck boat ever since [emoji12]

BoatingChick

Reaction score
So something with a walk off now would probably be nice. Have you driven a cat before? I grew up on bayliner a (I know i know) and that played a big part in the cobra build. I was used to 19' boats so to me the 230 was HUGE! 2 years later I think a 26 may have been better. Didn't really know anything about cats so that wasn't even an option. I joined this site and started reading and posting a ton. I've learned a whole bunch here. It wasnt till recently one of the members was really cool and not only took me for a ride in his cat but let me drive it. It was sooooo different from my razor. It's was a whippled 525 so the acceleration was crazy and it was the fastest I've ever been in a boat. THe ride was much different though. The best way I can think to describe it was infelt kind of like I was skipping across the water not in the water. I didn't do any hard turns or anything but i could notice the difference. I would need a lot of seat time to feel comfortable. Of course after the ride I was hooked and have been trying to talk my wife into a deck boat ever since [emoji12]

WOW sounds like a fast boat. SO are you saying they are harder to handle? Do you think a Daytona with a 454 can even cruise at a minimal speed?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
WOW sounds like a fast boat. SO are you saying they are harder to handle? Do you think a Daytona with a 454 can even cruise at a minimal speed?

I can't say harder. I just think my inexperience could get me in trouble especially at speed. I think that would be a cool boat but I'm not an expert in that department someone else would have to chime in on what packages are best

BoatingChick

Reaction score
I can't say harder. I just think my inexperience could get me in trouble especially at speed. I think that would be a cool boat but I'm not an expert in that department someone else would have to chime in on what packages are best

I hear ya....I just don't want to spend more than half 100k if I can't have it all :(:rolleyes:cry: back to the drawing boards....gotta do some more research!! agh.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I hear ya....I just don't want to spend more than half 100k if I can't have it all :(:rolleyes:cry: back to the drawing boards....gotta do some more research!! agh.

I hear ya. Spent closer to 100 and although I absolutely love the boat there's still a lot more I want. It's like a bad addiction. Maybe a fast bottom v would fit well. I've read the bullet is fast. I know the 26' razor has a faster bottom than the 23

BoatingChick

Reaction score
I hear ya. Spent closer to 100 and although I absolutely love the boat there's still a lot more I want. It's like a bad addiction. Maybe a fast bottom v would fit well. I've read the bullet is fast. I know the 26' razor has a faster bottom than the 23

Totally bad addiction. Bullet is what I originally wanted and still I would take one any day hands down. There are zero on the market right now....and Howard is backed up by a year....they aren't making any new molds until next year....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Totally bad addiction. Bullet is what I originally wanted and still I would take one any day hands down. There are zero on the market right now....and Howard is backed up by a year....they aren't making any new molds until next year....

Yea I've only seen a couple and most closed now. Crazy I thought it was just there deck boat that was backed up. Good they are busy though

BoatingChick

Reaction score

26' is just too big. 25' may even be too big. If we even bought the 25' Daytona it would definitely take awhile to get used to....

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Maxed out Marine just posted a Bullet for sale today. Check their classified section.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Hope you find what you're looking for. Exciting time for sure. Good luck on the hunt for a bait. Don't forget to post pics so when we see you in Havasu we can all say hi. 

BoatingChick

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Hope you find what you're looking for. Exciting time for sure. Good luck on the hunt for a bait. Don't forget to post pics so when we see you in Havasu we can all say hi. 

Thank you! Will do!!