WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Salvage Title on PWC

Big D

Reaction score
Got a friend who had his PWC/Jet Ski stolen. It was recovered but the insurance elected to pay him off instead of paying for the necessary repairs. In the end he ended up with the cash from the insurance and a PWC & trailer that he no longer wants. He has offered it to me and my boys to take on as a little project. If we can get it seaworthy, what challenges will I have trying to get it registered again. I'm in CA.

boatpi

Reaction score
Not a big issue you might need a Vin verification if it was a savage certificate. If you don’t have a salvage certificate it depends on a boat they may let you pass you could also try a reg service. Make sure you have a bill of sale

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
If you ever go to sell it you won’t get top $$ due to salvage title

manxman

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a salvage title for a PWC or boat for that matter. You will be fine to fix and re-register it. The only thing that may show up , is on a vin/title search, it will show as being bought back from the insurance company. You may not be able to re- insure with that particular company, but any other will insure it as normal. I had to claim a couple of sea doos and wound up with them back and was able to fix them and re sell with no problem.

NicPaus

Reaction score
If same as boat no salvage title. I got paid out bought boat back for 10% of value. Allstate never dropped me and never raised my rate.

Big D

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input!

PWC wasn't salvage, owner had title in hand. Trailer is a different story. They informed me that through the recovery process it was salvaged? Going to AAA next week to sort it out. Nice toy for my boys to play around with.

Attachments

• WAVERUNNER.jpg
    WAVERUNNER.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 53

EPL

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a salvage title on a boat or watercraft in California !!