WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sam’s Beachcomber? Does anyone have a place there?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t think this is gonna be a good idea for you hambone.. biggest problem is when you come out to offroad and all your buddies are camped 5-20 miles outside of town.. ??

The space rent is gonna eat you alive no matter what ya do.

Hammer

Reaction score
I don’t think this is gonna be a good idea for you hambone.. biggest problem is when you come out to offroad and all your buddies are camped 5-20 miles outside of town.. ??

The space rent is gonna eat you alive no matter what ya do.

Odds are we will get another motorhome, but not right now... if I had a place there I’d rent a trailer or motorhome in town and meet up with you guys in the desert...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
The offload meet-up thing in Havasu is the only serious downside of the Landing. With that noted, our off-roading is outstanding. Our Marina has slips available, our launch ramps are good and never crowded. Most houses have storage on sight. We are one row back from the water, unobstructed view of the main basin, space rent $647. We're there this weekend if you'd like us to show you around. There's a reason many of us are over there, but it's a secret. Shhhh.

Kevin and Chere

Fenderbender

Reaction score
When we stayed at the Beachcomber We talked to a few different people that had those front row spots, big boats and they all had another house in Havasu as well and were NOT worried about the space rent. They just had that place so they could be on the water and in the cool community.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Hammer, Have you looked into Havasu Springs? Not sure what space rent is right now, but I did see a couple of places up for sale near the outer harbor last month.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Odds are we will get another motorhome, but not right now... if I had a place there I’d rent a trailer or motorhome in town and meet up with you guys in the desert...

Hey hammer, just learned our best friends kid is selling his place at Sam's. They want 125K and it's ready to go. It's a real nice place. One row off the water, fully furnished and it's got birds in it right now. 5 People want to see it after they're gone in a week. PM for a number to talk to them.

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer, Have you looked into Havasu Springs? Not sure what space rent is right now, but I did see a couple of places up for sale near the outer harbor last month.

No I haven’t now that you mention it. I actually enjoy that side of the lake more than going up the gorge.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
The offload meet-up thing in Havasu is the only serious downside of the Landing. With that noted, our off-roading is outstanding. Our Marina has slips available, our launch ramps are good and never crowded. Most houses have storage on sight. We are one row back from the water, unobstructed view of the main basin, space rent $647. We're there this weekend if you'd like us to show you around. There's a reason many of us are over there, but it's a secret. Shhhh.

Kevin and Chere
You forgot to mention there's pretty well stocked market, a nice little hardware store, gas pumps, a couple of bars and really other than launching, the majority of the time you're there, there's no reason to get in your car for anything. Oh yeah, tons of nice people too. View from my deck. Approx 60 feet to the water. $580 a month.
20210324_172234.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Islander- When I inquired about a place at the front desk, the gal acted like I was wasting her time. Then kind of insinuated local RVers at the new area get first shot (I understand they should get first right to refusal) so don’t waste your time. Not very friendly/welcoming at all. [emoji1305][emoji1589]

Unfortunate... such a nice place.

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
image-2021-03-26-14:21:42-810.jpg

Being waterfront for the kids is tough to beat... we looked at a couple lots for the hell of it. The kids walking down to the water and riding their bikes at the Mobil is really what fits us. I just don’t know if it makes sense money wise with the land rent/cost?

Reactions: DWC

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I was prepared to make an offer on a condo with a 30 ft deep garage today, I was reading the complex rules and no dogs allowed. No where in the listing was the no pets rule, glad I found out now. Now I'm back to square one, the condo was 245k and 1 block from the downtown bars and food. I agree that the Islander and Sam's are great locations and I know I would love the amenities. I don't want to leave my boat outside or pay storage, I am open for advice. I sold a property and don't want to pay capitol gains, I don't believe a mobile will work with a 1031 exchange.

I suspect you will be okay. Like for like is the exchange rule and, if it’s a rental ( full or part time) I couldn’t imagine it being a problem. Your Accommodator should be able to advise.

Just went through this with my wife. While I don’t necessarily want to discuss our specifics because the house isnt slated to close for 2 more weeks, I will say if your 1031 sale has closed and the clock has started, you need to get moving immediately. We made 10 offers that all failed (we were out bid on them) before we were successful.

if you want a decent home, with a pool/spa, boat garage and RV parking (with hook ups), hold on. Pricing is insane. we saw listings for the good ones typically lasting 72 hours or less and bids at $30-50,000 over asking to be common.

I would recommend reaching out to Stacy Johnson (RDP) and discussing it with her. She was all over it for us.

I also spent a lot of time researching DST qualified 1031 REIT exchanges as well and ended up listing a decent one, as one of the 3 choices, as a back up. Fees were heavy but it’s legit. PM me if you want some info on it.

Hammer

Reaction score
Had a great time at the beachcomber. Kids had a blast. It was nice to already be at the waterfront and the kids could play in the front or off the patio and not have to worry about them much. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I could see getting a place in there. I definitely circled some lots/Mobil’s that are on the short list. Can’t beat the convenience.

TBulger

Reaction score
We just loved it there, wish we were still there. Got a decent house on southside, but not the location of Beachcomber. Pool is darn nice and the people, with places there, are very friendly and helpful if you need it.

Hammer

Reaction score
We just loved it there, wish we were still there. Got a decent house on southside, but not the location of Beachcomber. Pool is darn nice and the people, with places there, are very friendly and helpful if you need it.

Everyone was very nice that we ran into. Hope you are well Tom!

Singleton

Reaction score
Islander- When I inquired about a place at the front desk, the gal acted like I was wasting her time. Then kind of insinuated local RVers at the new area get first shot (I understand they should get first right to refusal) so don’t waste your time. Not very friendly/welcoming at all. [emoji1305][emoji1589]

Unfortunate... such a nice place.

My summary of the Islander front desk. During turnover periods (mid March until April month-end) then starting again October 1 to mid-October they can get grumpy. Outside of those times, I have never had an issue. In fact, all the ladies know my kids name and always comment how nice she is when she gets her daily ice cream. Once in the park, the front desk becomes better, unless you broke a rule

Also a couple park models were posted on the Islander Trailer Trash FB page yesterday. Asking $250k.

Attachments

• BAC5A4D3-C59B-4CF9-A0DE-3756DF07A848.png
    BAC5A4D3-C59B-4CF9-A0DE-3756DF07A848.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 82

hallett21

Reaction score
Can you get conventional financing or are these cash purchases?

Hammer

Reaction score
My summary of the Islander front desk. During turnover periods (mid March until April month-end) then starting again October 1 to mid-October they can get grumpy. Outside of those times, I have never had an issue. In fact, all the ladies know my kids name and always comment how nice she is when she gets her daily ice cream. Once in the park, the front desk becomes better, unless you broke a rule

Also a couple park models were posted on the Islander Trailer Trash FB page yesterday. Asking $250k.

I was just turned off by the interaction. You work at a front desk of a resort, you should be happy and welcoming while you are on the clock, or even on the property... you can drop the “hospitality hat” when you go home.

Everyone within the park was nice and waived. It really is a nice place and we’d like an opportunity to be in there as well. I also like the beachcomber, but the beach access is much easier for kids at the Islander. There is no comparison between the beach at the Islander and the Beachcomber.

The Islander also has a better layout of the property for lake views. Of course, it being a newer development they had an opportunity to design it right.

I’d have to have waterfront views at the Beachcomber. There’s not much to look at otherwise. I like that you can rent your place yourself there though.

Both places have pros and cons.

Islander has great views throughout the park and everything is well kept. I’d want to be able to rent it out two-three weeks out of the month while we aren’t there. I don’t know how consistent the rentals are at the Islander, it would have been nice to get some information from the lady at the front desk..

The wife reached out to someone on FB regarding a 2 bedroom at the Islander(actually the one you posted)[emoji106]. We will see what happens....

Some of the beachcomber “waterfront view” properties were overpriced IMO for what you were getting. I’d rather get something in the Islander for less money and be at a better place. Plus space rent is $1250.00 to be along the water..

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
My buddy got lucky and found a owner that was ok with monthly payments with a pay off after 5 years.

That would be ideal. Good for him.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I was just turned off by the interaction. You work at a front desk of a resort, you should be happy and welcoming while you are on the clock, or even on the property... you can drop the “hospitality hat” when you go home.

Everyone within the park was nice and waived. It really is a nice place and we’d like an opportunity to be in there as well. I also like the beachcomber, but the beach access is much easier for kids at the Islander. There is no comparison between the beach at the Islander and the Beachcomber.

The Islander also has a better layout of the property for lake views. Of course, it being a newer development they had an opportunity to design it right.

I’d have to have waterfront views at the Beachcomber. There’s not much to look at otherwise. I like that you can rent your place yourself there though.

Islander has great views throughout the park and everything is well kept. I’d want to be able to rent it out two-three weeks out if the month while we aren’t there. I don’t know how consistent the rentals are at the Islander, it would have been nice to get some information from the lady at the front desk..

The wife reached out to someone on FB regarding a 2 bedroom at the Islander. We will see what happens....

Hammer..Its my understanding that if you buy a park model at the Islander it would already have to be on their rental program to rent it out. You can't add to it. At least that's the way it was a couple years ago. 🤷‍♂️

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer..Its my understanding that if you buy a park model at the Islander it would already have to be on their rental program to rent it out. You can't add to it. At least that's the way it was a couple years ago. [emoji2369]

Bobby V.... I think you are right? I may have heard that from someone before. I mean, it’s not a dealbreaker but I’d like a place in Havasu to make some money while I’m not there using it....

Taboma

Reaction score
Bobby V.... I think you are right? I may have heard that from someone before. I mean, it’s not a dealbreaker but I’d like a place in Havasu to make some money while I’m not there using it....

It would be a deal breaker if I were selling and knew you had plans for short term rentals, unless I was pissed off at my neighbors, forget it.
Just sharing this as a FYI, this has become an increasingly emotional issue, business vs quality of life deal.

Money in your pocket, becomes a royal pain in the ass for other neighbors forced to deal with short term transients who don't give two shits about the place, or the rules, or those on either side.
Snowbirds is a different scenario entirely. They're usually there for 3 months, are low keyed and in most cases are very respectful.
This whole short term AirBnB rental thing has created a new source of controversy, and caused a lot of bad blood since it's inception, especially in resort settings where your in such close proximity to your neighbors.

I understand the monetary motivation, but for many, if not most, this isn't a business. It's about quality R&R time and having fun, not about being driven crazy when you end up with the " Channel Shit Show " right next door.

Hammer

Reaction score
It would be a deal breaker if I were selling and knew you had plans for short term rentals, unless I was pissed off at my neighbors, forget it.
Just sharing this as a FYI, this has become an increasingly emotional issue, business vs quality of life deal.

Money in your pocket, becomes a royal pain in the ass for other neighbors forced to deal with short term transients who don't give two shits about the place, or the rules, or those on either side.
Snowbirds is a different scenario entirely. They're usually there for 3 months, are low keyed and in most cases are very respectful.
This whole short term AirBnB rental thing has created a new source of controversy, and caused a lot of bad blood since it's inception, especially in resort settings where your in such close proximity to your neighbors.

I understand the monetary motivation, but for many, if not most, this isn't a business. It's about quality R&R time and having fun, not about being driven crazy when you end up with the " Channel Shit Show " right next door.

Taboma- I completely understand your point of view and agree.I don’t mean that we would solely purchase for it to be a rental property for income purposes and short term rentals. I don’t want my place being thrashed by weekend partiers(Channel shit show groups) who don’t give two shits about my home and the neighbors. If that was our motivation, I’d buy a house I don’t care about in town. But it’s not, we want a place to call home and raise our kids at the lake as often as we can. It just seems to me it makes sense to help pay for the cost if I’m not using the Mobil. Id screen my renters if it was under my control. I spoke to the office at the Islander today. I assumed that they “screen renters” since they manage the rental program.

I’d prefer a snowbird or someone who would take care of my place as their own and respect the resort while there. Especially a place like the Islander. I’d hate to be that “asshole” in the neighborhood. Lol

Taboma

Reaction score
Taboma- I completely understand your point of view and agree.I don’t mean that we would solely purchase for it to be a rental property for income purposes and short term rentals. I don’t want my place being thrashed by weekend partiers(Channel shit show groups) who don’t give two shits about my home and the neighbors. If that was our motivation, I’d buy a house I don’t care about in town. But it’s not, we want a place to call home and raise our kids at the lake as often as we can. It just seems to me it makes sense to help pay for the cost if I’m not using the Mobil. Id screen my renters if it was under my control. I spoke to the office at the Islander today. I assumed that they “screen renters” since they manage the rental program.

I’d prefer a snowbird or someone who would take care of my place as their own and respect the resort while there. Especially a place like the Islander. I’d hate to be that “asshole” in the neighborhood. Lol

Trust me, wasn't implying anything negative in regards to you personally. I completely understand your motivation, and like many initial good intentions, unfortunately it doesn't usually end as planned.
I know you're smart enough to know the good, bad, greed and ugly, just thought I'd mention it's not well received by all. :oops:

Singleton

Reaction score

Islander has great views throughout the park and everything is well kept. I’d want to be able to rent it out two-three weeks out of the month while we aren’t there. I don’t know how consistent the rentals are at the Islander, it would have been nice to get some information from the lady at the front desk..

The wife reached out to someone on FB regarding a 2 bedroom at the Islander(actually the one you posted)[emoji106]. We will see what happens....

Some of the beachcomber “waterfront view” properties were overpriced IMO for what you were getting. I’d rather get something in the Islander for less money and be at a better place. Plus space rent is $1250.00 to be along the water..

totally get the front desk issue.
wonder who you talked to. Lori has always been great to chat with and the blond (can’t remember her name) was the one who approved my trailer with pics even though I had no RVIA sticker.

Hammer

Reaction score
Trust me, wasn't implying anything negative in regards to you personally. I completely understand your motivation, and like many initial good intentions, unfortunately it doesn't usually end as planned.
I know you're smart enough to know the good, bad, greed and ugly, just thought I'd mention it's not well received by all. :oops:

I picked what you are putting down. [emoji106].

Hammer

Reaction score
totally get the front desk issue.
wonder who you talked to. Lori has always been great to chat with and the blond (can’t remember her name) was the one who approved my trailer with pics even though I had no RVIA sticker.

I spent probably 20 minutes asking every question I had this morning with Angela I think? Very nice and helped me understand how it works there. Hung up the phone very happy I called back. I probably would not have called had it not been for your positive posts in this thread. Thank you.

Singleton

Reaction score
I spent probably 20 minutes asking every question I had this morning with Angela I think? Very nice and helped me understand how it works there. Hung up the phone very happy I called back. I probably would not have called had it not been for your positive posts in this thread. Thank you.

glad you got your answers. Once I have my camp setup, I usually drive the part each trip looking for park models for sale by owner. I will try to remember to send you those. I do avoid the spots by the remote club house, seems to get a sewer smell in the summers when it it hot.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Had a great time at the beachcomber. Kids had a blast. It was nice to already be at the waterfront and the kids could play in the front or off the patio and not have to worry about them much. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I could see getting a place in there. I definitely circled some lots/Mobil’s that are on the short list. Can’t beat the convenience.

Just listed.

dspracing

Reaction score
Hammer..Its my understanding that if you buy a park model at the Islander it would already have to be on their rental program to rent it out. You can't add to it. At least that's the way it was a couple years ago. 🤷‍♂️

I had previously heard this same thing, or at least that there was a waiting list. However, I actually called earlier and this discussion had come up. According to the person I spoke to, there is no limitation to the number of units participating in the rental program. But, they do have a list of requirements in order to participate. The unit must be updated, stocked with certain items, etc.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Beachcomber Estates. No water access or launch ramp.

Beachcomber has a ramp

Edit nevermind, didn't realize the Estates and the resort were different

Hammer

Reaction score
Beachcomber has a ramp

I didn’t know the difference either until we stayed there.

Singleton

Reaction score
Beachcomber has a ramp

they used to allow Estates to use Sam’s ramp.
when Sam’s lease was purchased 2 years ago (same guy that purchased the Island Inn and suicided in 2020), estates lost the ramp access and Sam’s monthly rent went up by 100%

riverroyal

Reaction score
I had previously heard this same thing, or at least that there was a waiting list. However, I actually called earlier and this discussion had come up. According to the person I spoke to, there is no limitation to the number of units participating in the rental program. But, they do have a list of requirements in order to participate. The unit must be updated, stocked with certain items, etc.
Thats news to me. I thought there was a limit on weekend rentals
May have changed. They are updating the entire place.
I passed on a park model of a friend about 18 months ago. 100k and remodeled
Its for sale again as of last week. 218k
Fock...

Singleton

Reaction score
Thats news to me. I thought there was a limit on weekend rentals
May have changed. They are updating the entire place.
I passed on a park model of a friend about 18 months ago. 100k and remodeled
Its for sale again as of last week. 218k
Fock...

i rented a few park models last year for family and guests.
some rentals require 3 or 4 days, very few are 2 nights only