WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Samsung Dryer Stopped Drying

Nordie

Reaction score
Got the infamous beeps in the middle of weekend laundry, Temperature Sensor Warning. Well shit we can no longer dry our clothes. Mind you I'm having a hell of a weekend with Samsung devices, my personal phone (Samsung) got submerged and broke the screen, so that had to get shipped off to some fucking repair shop on Saturday. Then Sunday the dryer fucking quits, and the screen is like hey call this number. Fuck that....

So I hop on the Google machine and see what the Temp Sensor Warning deal is all about. Come to find out it's a pretty common ordeal, and the sensor is pretty universal (cheap). Yesterday I got on Amazon and ordered up the sensor and a thermal fuse and it cost maybe 16 bucks.

Today it shows up and I jump in with both feet. You literally have to tear the whole dryer apart to replace this small chingas. It really wasn't that bad, might take an hour. This is just for future reference if anyone decides to tackle this job.

So anyway where I am headed with this is, once I removed the drum I was shocked at how much lint gets on top of the motor, and if you have gas the heat exchanger. The lint that was on top of that was severely discolored, that's definitely a fire hazard. I always clean the lint trap when I do laundry, but my wife seems to slack in that department.

Make sure your lint traps are clean....

And it was a union Job it paid me $1.39
20210210_152038.jpg
20210210_152827.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
For a part that consistently fails you would think that it would be easier to get to. I had replaced mine on my old dryer probably 6 times now. When it didn't fix it the last time I said f-it an bought a new dryer. We have a longer run and I need to clean the vent out more often than I do.

Nordie

Reaction score
For a part that consistently fails you would think that it would be easier to get to. I had replaced mine on my old dryer probably 6 times now. When it didn't fix it the last time I said f-it an bought a new dryer. We have a longer run and I need to clean the vent out more often than I do.

Definitely not easy to get to. Yeah once I saw that I pulled the duct work and tapped on that and vacuumed everything out. It was actually pretty alarming, and easy to just not think about it. I felt pretty proud when I pulled the dryer out and there was only a couple dryer sheets and a dog leash behind it. Im still looking for those missing socks though

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

For a part that consistently fails you would think they would make a better Fn part. [emoji849]

And from my experience Samsung sucks at making appliances. They make a good tv though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
Done that many times. Yep, tear the whole fucking thing apart. Belt...same thing 🤦‍♂️