WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

San Diego fires

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Had to rearrange a bunch of projects for a couple days, but so far no real issues in our area.

Looks like its going to be pretty bad if the wind doesn't stop though.

0% containment not so good.....:(

Ari

Reaction score
Devra's parents live east of the San Diego Country Estates in Ramona...they evacuated last night. Packed up 4 horses, 4 dogs, photos and hit the road. They are safe and staying at a friends ranch in El Cajon. Their neighbor stayed home to watch over the houses, she said that the fire was burning away from them last night but chaged direction this morning. The phone is still ringing at their home, so hopefully it's still there.

Ari

Reaction score
BTW - If any San Diego people who got evacuated need a place to stay - let me know, our home is open for you.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Getting a little "warm" down here... LOL Everything is ok so far though. Fire isn't to far away thoguh. I'm waiting here at the office for a cook top for the river. Stacy and my parents went to lunch, and then their heading to the houses to pick up pool cues, jewelry, and other valuables.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well I just got the call to evacuate my shop, and everything south of it.. :( Which includes my house and my families house.. :(

RD

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Well I just got the call to evacuate my shop, and everything south of it.. :( Which includes my house and my families house.. :(

RD

Thoughts and prayers with you Dave, and all of you down there facing this.
Been through it a few times myself; nothing compares to the feeling of helplessness it brings. I have good friend just off the 5 in Castaic that I am worried about. Can't reach him.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I heard from an Estates resident that SD Country Estates is OK, most of the hillside stuff burned a few years ago so it never had a chance to get too bad.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Power on and off here in Simi,, school closed tomorrow.

Ari

Reaction score
I heard from an Estates resident that SD Country Estates is OK, most of the hillside stuff burned a few years ago so it never had a chance to get too bad.

I heard the same. Devra father mentioned that there was nothing left around his home to burn, so they should be ok.

D

Deleted Account

I am in a holding pattern at the moment. Ivan and Dave (of SPD Products) both live in the area. Dave might need me to help get his family and heavy equipement out, they live in Bonsil. Ivan lives in Fallbrook....... just sitting here working and waiting.

My mom lives in Fallbrook and was evacuated D...:(

D

Deleted Account

and their place backs up to a huge avocado ranch, on a hilltop. It could get ugly. They booked at 2PM and one of my guys is also down there evacuating.

We have been really busy with this stuff...

Cell phones are getting jammed as EVERYBODY is using them...

I've got a spot for both his Schiada's if he needs some space...

Angry Inch

Hung like a light switch.
Reaction score
and their place backs up to a huge avocado ranch, on a hilltop. It could get ugly. They booked at 2PM and one of my guys is also down there evacuating.

We have been really busy with this stuff...

Cell phones are getting jammed as EVERYBODY is using them...

I've got a spot for both his Schiada's if he needs some space...

Not to make light of a serious situation; but, if you need extra space to store one or both of those Schiadas, I've got a 55x12' slab..... Just sayin :D

Desertgirl

Reaction score
Has any body heard from RD? :confused:
Hope he and his family are ok!!!

spectras only

Reaction score
Anyone knows what's the situation in Poway . Our relatives live on Los Nietos , at the corner of Espola and Twin Peaks Road ? we can't get in touch since yesterday :eek:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Anyone knows what's the situation in Poway . Our relatives live on Los Nietos , at the corner of Espola and Twin Peaks Road ? we can't get in touch since yesterday :eek:

That area did have problems. The east side especially. All around Poway lake and north of there was in trouble, not so sure about that far south on Espola though....

Some homes in Bridlewood went up last night.:(

spectras only

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Mandelon :). The fire was in their backyard during the last big fire , we hope they'll be spared this time too .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well I'll give you the carlsbad update.. After the cedar fires a few years back nobody is messing around with the evacuations. There were several smaller towns out by Ramona that were completely consumed, and alot of people died that didn't have too.

They called for voluntary evacuations for everything south of Palomar airport road yesterday. The phone was ringing as soon as you'd put it down with the reverse 911's telling you to leave. I drove to San Marcos to get some dinner and to see how close the fire was (you can see to the south towards rancho santa fe, and to the north etc..) We couldn't see anything except smoke.

Last night on the news they claimed the 78 was shut down, and that the 78 - 15 intersection was in flames and it was heading west. I got up at 1 in the morning and drove down the 78, right to the 15 intersection, right through the 15 intersection to the end of the 78. Nothing.... Turned around and drove back to Rancho santa fe, and headed south past melrose, up and over the hill almost to village park..

We didn't see a damn thing. I think the news is way over sensationalizing this fire with regards to carlsbad (carlsbad only, I know other areas are getting hit hard). For the life of me I still don't understand why they scared the shit out of everyone in south carlsbad. Our neighborhood was a ghost town last night, with the occasional cop cruising by.

From what I saw, that fire could burn for a week with zero containment before it ever got near south carlsbad / north la costa area.

Needless to say I'm working today. Just have a HEPA filter going in the shop to take care of the smoke / ash in the air.

The city does look like a war zone though as others have put it. There's ash everywhere, and certain parts the smoke is so thick it's very difficult to breath. At night you can see a orange glow on the horizon, but it's impossible to tell if it's street lights or the fire against the smoke.

I'm still unsure as to why they evacuated my neighborhood.. and why there's 1000's of locals sitting up at a parking lot in the mall, and at Carlsbad highschool.

I wish everyone luck that is affected by this, you are in my thoughts and prayers! If anyone needs a place to stay we have an extra bedroom in La Costa, and air filters at the house etc.. 949-678-8369 if I can do anything for anyone local.

RD

Ari

Reaction score
Any update on Forensic? I know that they were evacuated once, however i heard the VC got evacuated again later on....anyone talk to him lately?

jeteater

Reaction score
Here are a couple from our house
It is almost over the hill

Attachments

• IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 74