WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

San Felipe..

Mrs.HLB

Reaction score
Has anyone been there? What to expect? We have about 30 family members going. Most of them have been going about 18 years. First time for me. Rented a condo by the beach.

Thanks,
Mrs.HLB

Chopperman

Reaction score
Been going there for years, and have some friends living there. You'll have a blast! Town is usually pretty mellow, and in the 25+ years I've been going down I haven't had many real issues there but, I will say this, don't give the cops or potential thieves a reason to mess with you and it'll be smooth sailing. The cops are big on pulling gringos over for not wearing helmets near town. If you are outside of town at one of the camps, you can pretty much do as you like without too many people messing with you. Everyone there is friendly and most speak English. For sure go to Maria's tacos, it's right next to Bar Miramar. Her fish tacos are the best. I could go on and on, but feel free to PM me if you would like to know anything specific.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Went there one time decades ago. If your going this time of year, you better like hot humid weather! :thumbup:

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
When you go into the water make sure that you do the stingray shuffle... Tons of them down there...

Mrs.HLB

Reaction score
Been going there for years, and have some friends living there. You'll have a blast! Town is usually pretty mellow, and in the 25+ years I've been going down I haven't had many real issues there but, I will say this, don't give the cops or potential thieves a reason to mess with you and it'll be smooth sailing. The cops are big on pulling gringos over for not wearing helmets near town. If you are outside of town at one of the camps, you can pretty much do as you like without too many people messing with you. Everyone there is friendly and most speak English. For sure go to Maria's tacos, it's right next to Bar Miramar. Her fish tacos are the best. I could go on and on, but feel free to PM me if you would like to know anything specific.

Thanks! We will try Maria's tacos. We are in some condos in town, I guess. lol. Right on beach. I guess we will try once and see what happens. Used to the river so this will be
different.

Mrs.HLB

Reaction score
Went there one time decades ago. If your going this time of year, you better like hot humid weather! :thumbup:
Actually I like the Dry heat. lol. This past week or so here in Corona, its been humid. But will see what happens. Thanks!

Aaron

Reaction score
Great place, you will have a blast. Try the shrimp tacos as well. The best in the world IMO

Mrs.HLB

Reaction score
Well that was an interesting trip. VERY HUMID. OMG. The river is still my favorite place. :)

tkrrox

Reaction score
pics??? my painter has a hotel down there...we go to ride bikes or watch baja...laid back...don't shoot fireworks at locals on the sand dunes...lol