WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sand Sports Super Show (The SXS show) - What are you going to buy there?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Those of you going to the show in a week and a half at the OC fairgrounds, what are you looking to buy?

I might buy an intercom and a radio if the prices are right.

Most likely I will buy an AXIA in car rearview mirror, and I want to try a set of the Havoc goggles with the magnetic snap in lenses.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Beer. If I go. Got new harnesses and shock therapy already on the way. My season shopping is done!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Beer. If I go. Got new harnesses and shock therapy already on the way. My season shopping is done!

Finally! Did you just get springs or an entire spring and re valve package?

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Possibly go and see what 2022 has to offer for SxS’s. Looking to get a 4 seater pretty soon. Not sure what yet though?

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have had good deals on SXS tires? I know Venom wheels is going to be there, not sure if they will be selling tires.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Website states masks required.
Looks like "recommended" still at this point.......

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.24.48 AM.png

Duramax

Reaction score
Those of you going to the show in a week and a half at the OC fairgrounds, what are you looking to buy?

Most likely I will buy an AXIA in car rearview mirror, and I want to try a set of the Havoc goggles with the magnetic snap in lenses.
Have you done any research on the SRC wireless - bluetooth headsets? I have done intercom systems in my Spectre and my Skater, but I have heard great things about these wireless. www.sampsonracing.com

RaceTec

Reaction score
I need some bump stops and was going to look at a Radio / intercom setup...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Have you done any research on the SRC wireless - bluetooth headsets? I have done intercom systems in my Spectre and my Skater, but I have heard great things about these wireless. www.sampsonracing.com

I have thought about it. I bought the comms setup in my current RZR from SRC and I've been very happy with it. I have heard good things about their wireless stuff as well. I don't mind the wires, and on long trips I carry a spare headset, so just the added expense of the wireless headsets, and unknown battery life has me sticking with the wired stuff for now. If I was starting from scratch today, I think I would strongly consider it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Springs and install for now. See how that feels.
I wasnt going to do it, but the x3 wont change for another year and the speed is 2 years out

That is 80% of the difference. It is going to feel like a new car. You can get the shocks re-valved locally in Havasu anyway for cheaper for no shipping and the same or better results.

Duramax

Reaction score
If anybody on here that is looking to do the UTV suspension, look at ZR1 Suspension on Facebook. I have always meant to post this. Donny is the owner and was my mechanic for many years when I was racing. Some of you might even know him as he was a mechanic for Factory Yamaha Jet Ski team and lived in Havasu for many years. Towards the end of me traveling he started ZR1 Suspension (I think 2004?) The amount of testing we would do, and the years he spent in the desert, he is great at what he does and fast turn around.
Like I do with anything, if somebody on here is looking to upgrade shoot me a dm and I will tell him you are one of my guys.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Do people with buggies even bother going anymore since it’s mainly a UTV show now? I have not been in 10 years or so when we took a break from Glamis after the incident with my wife dealing with some burn victims. We just started going back last season.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I have a 2022 SxS on order but with zero inventory on hand the best deal I could find was at Full MSRP. If I can find a better deal at the SSSS then I'll be buying a New SxS. If not, I'll be buying an S&B Particle Separator and a $20 IPA. :eek:

Meaney77

Reaction score
Do people with buggies even bother going anymore since it’s mainly a UTV show now? I have not been in 10 years or so when we took a break from Glamis after the incident with my wife dealing with some burn victims. We just started going back last season.
It’s kind of a disappointment for sand car guys as it’s predominantly side-by-side parts accessories.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I have never bought anything at an off-road show. Been to many but usually buy parts when I need them. How good of deals do you get there?

69hondo

Reaction score
I will be there for 12 dollar beers. I dont need anything and its mostly SXS stuff anyway but there is still cool stuff to see. My buddy wants a new car to car setup so we will shopping Rugged/PCI. Hopefully it wont be hot as fuck!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The Lightning McQueen car incident?

EmpirE231

Reaction score

funco usually has a couple cars on display, and sometimes tatum does as well..... that is about it.

You'd have to find out if they plan on even attending the show.

pretty sure weddle said they will be there, but have nothing in stock or available....

Englewood

Reaction score
Possibly an intercom, lights, switch pros, and some random stuff...If its cheaper at show, Ill buy it there.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have never bought anything at an off-road show. Been to many but usually buy parts when I need them. How good of deals do you get there?

Pretty much the best deals you will find, and no shipping.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
PCI is already offering up the deals for the ssss. I’d love to go but don’t see it happening this year long day in the car if i do. But would just be looking to score com package for the boat if so.
62E0F258-7C2A-4884-A950-B77B2BDEB8F4.png

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
There's another one happening this weekend in Phoenix. Debating on going, looking to grab the ProEagle jack but I don't think they'll be there.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

not a speed car since they still won’t be for sale lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
not a speed car since they still won’t be for sale lol

It is a simple concept, you just have to order one, It will arrive when it arrives... just like a new truck right now.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The Lightning McQueen car incident?
No, trailer exploded in the wash in the camp next to us. Two occupants burned badly, one died, my wife the RN did her best, but she couldn’t relax much while there so we took a break. This and just about every weekend something would happen and we would get a knock on our RV door.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

just a heads up Chris that owns the sunglass shop has goggles that I believe are called knuckles. They come with three magnetic lenses.

I have tried every single Mfg if goggles out there and these are BY FAR AND AWAY my favorite!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

By the way I’m sure you have already seen this.. but

SPEED UTV Unveiling: Friday night 6 PM Sand Sports Super Show. We are looking forward to showing you the vehicle you believed in. We are looking forward to showing you the extra steps we took to ensure that we didn't cut a corner, or rush something to market. We are looking forward to providing you the ability to speak with Robby Gordon, my self, our team of engineers, sales and support staff. If you are a customer and have a master number. Please stop by the merchandise trailer, and get a Speed Wrist Band. This will provided you complementary food and drink at our booth. It is our way of having you not just get to know us, but to know all the other Speed UTV customers. We have a ton to show you, and lots of new swag for our Speed Family and Friends . See you all there, I looking forward to seeing all of you and thank you once again in person. Sincerely, Todd Romano and all of us at Speed UTV.

Robby and I are providing this hospitality to owners and their family's. Our way of celebrating with our customers and friends. Who wants to sit by the Keg with me all weekend? I have access to the tap!!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
By the way I’m sure you have already seen this.. but

SPEED UTV Unveiling: Friday night 6 PM Sand Sports Super Show. We are looking forward to showing you the vehicle you believed in. We are looking forward to showing you the extra steps we took to ensure that we didn't cut a corner, or rush something to market. We are looking forward to providing you the ability to speak with Robby Gordon, my self, our team of engineers, sales and support staff. If you are a customer and have a master number. Please stop by the merchandise trailer, and get a Speed Wrist Band. This will provided you complementary food and drink at our booth. It is our way of having you not just get to know us, but to know all the other Speed UTV customers. We have a ton to show you, and lots of new swag for our Speed Family and Friends . See you all there, I looking forward to seeing all of you and thank you once again in person. Sincerely, Todd Romano and all of us at Speed UTV.

Robby and I are providing this hospitality to owners and their family's. Our way of celebrating with our customers and friends. Who wants to sit by the Keg with me all weekend? I have access to the tap!!!

See haters. I'm going to eat and drink my $32K worth on Friday night.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
just saw pre-production car #3 is almost complete and will be at the show.

They are building several in parallel, not sure if one or many preproduction cars will be there.
I’m happy to see a near finished product and check out some of the accessories.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Tatum will have cars there, Funco, and SCU also. Racer will have their new front engine buggy thing there too. Not sure but Buckshot most likely will be there also. I will be there there all weekend if the mask nazi’s are not on duty, if so you can find me at Mutt’s or other fine drinking establishments by the beach.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
just a heads up Chris that owns the sunglass shop has goggles that I believe are called knuckles. They come with three magnetic lenses.

I have tried every single Mfg if goggles out there and these are BY FAR AND AWAY my favorite!

Where is he at? I'll be in town for monster and need to get some snowmobile goggles bought/ordered before snow season starts.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Where is he at? I'll be in town for monster and need to get some snowmobile goggles bought/ordered before snow season starts.

I wear sunglasses in lake Havasu.. same parking lot as harbor relight

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Yes and no...

Back in the day, I would be there when the gates opened and RUN to the places that's sold riding gear!

They had all of last year's stuff at close out prices. My crew all scored Troy Lee desert jackets one year. We bought every single one they had.

After Friday, all you'll see is camo pink gear in XXXL and XXXS. They are trying to clear out old stock.

As for hard parts and accessories? I never noticed a huge price difference. It's Freaking expensive for a vender to attend those shows. They go to make a profit, and not to loose money.

If what you want happens to be there on the shelf, as always..

Cash talks. 👍

I need a new pair of riding boots. Friday could be a plan.