WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sand Sports Super Show this weekend 10-17/18-20

satellitemike

Reaction score
Anyone going? Is it going to worth the drive with the stop sale issue polaris has on the turbo models? I was kinda hoping to pick up a 2020 XP pro if they dont try to tack on all the bull shit freight and prep charges! I keep looking here, FB marketplace, CL, and the like and not much out there in good shape that hasnt seen the covid $$$ increase.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Wonder if you could get a “provisional price” deal for when the stop sale is lifted?

Reactions: TPC

jones performance

Reaction score
i seriously doubt there will be any special pricing as most dealers cant keep them in stock as it is.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I'm gonna go, never been to the Sand Sports show. Is Robby going to be there with some info on the Speed SXS?

DLC

Reaction score
Anyone going from HAVASU?

thats a 6 hr round trip- nope!

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
It was at the UTV race. Im changing my release predictions to 2022 now

based Off the prototype I don’t see how they will have production ramped up..... they should be making frames and motors trannys diffs shock bodies etc etc

and have pallets and pallets of parts and gears and pieces

the prototype didn’t even have a wrap or anything on the body, I mean what’s a black sticker.... it didn’t have shocks, Frt axles or gears.
It was late to the show

Really bad ass car! the tool kit was nice!

But it’s not 100% yet

cakemoto

Reaction score
I’m going early Saturday grab Few things quick.Having a party for my son’s birthday at 2:30 have to be back asap

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm gonna go, never been to the Sand Sports show. Is Robby going to be there with some info on the Speed SXS?
Check the vendors list on the website. He has been in the past selling his merch.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
based Off the prototype I don’t see how they will have production ramped up..... they should be making frames and motors trannys diffs shock bodies etc etc

the prototype didn’t even have a wrap or anything on the body, I mean what’s a black sticker.... it didn’t have shocks, Frt axles or gears.
It was late to the show

But it’s not 100% yet

Keep in mind "they" are not making much, their suppliers are. Various suppliers are working independently and in parallel. They got from nothing to an almost running pre-production prototype in a year, and the hard stuff is done. I think they will have cars running for testing within 6 weeks, then there may need to be final changes on parts based on testing, then they will begin manufacturing production parts, get them to the assembly line, then crank out cars.

The cars are going to be a few months late, but it does not take another year to get from where they are now, to a production car. I'm interested as to when Robby is going to break the news that the cars will be late, because no one is getting a car for Thanksgiving weekend.... or Christmas.

I don't think there will be many people that will be upset about the cars being late either... if anything those with spots in line that want out can sell them for even more $$$ now. It's not close to done, but everyone agrees that it looks pretty bad ass so far!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
My wife asked for me to take her for a weekend getaway for her birthday this weekend. I told her we should go to Scottsdale as she has never been. Flights and hotel is booked, trying to figure out when is a good time to let her know that we are going to the Sand Sport's/Off-road expo. Wish me luck 😃

satellitemike

Reaction score
My wife asked for me to take her for a weekend getaway for her birthday this weekend. I told her we should go to Scottsdale as she has never been. Flights and hotel is booked, trying to figure out when is a good time to let her know that we are going to the Sand Sport's/Off-road expo. Wish me luck 😃
Good luck w that!

702sandman

Reaction score
Keep in mind "they" are not making much, their suppliers are. Various suppliers are working independently and in parallel. They got from nothing to an almost running pre-production prototype in a year, and the hard stuff is done. I think they will have cars running for testing within 6 weeks, then there may need to be final changes on parts based on testing, then they will begin manufacturing production parts, get them to the assembly line, then crank out cars.

The cars are going to be a few months late, but it does not take another year to get from where they are now, to a production car. I'm interested as to when Robby is going to break the news that the cars will be late, because no one is getting a car for Thanksgiving weekend.... or Christmas.

I don't think there will be many people that will be upset about the cars being late either... if anything those with spots in line that want out can sell them for even more $$$ now. It's not close to done, but everyone agrees that it looks pretty bad ass so far!

I’m surprised he hasn’t done good with any of these cars in a actual race ? At worlds last weekend he had to pit every lap to work on stuff it seemed like. I heard Hisun was go to do the actual manufacturing 😬😬 I’m sure his actual prototype HE builds will be bad ass but when manufacturing gets ahold of it a lot of stuff will actually change.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m surprised he hasn’t done good with any of these cars in a actual race ? At worlds last weekend he had to pit every lap to work on stuff it seemed like. I heard Hisun was go to do the actual manufacturing 😬😬 I’m sure his actual prototype HE builds will be bad ass but when manufacturing gets ahold of it a lot of stuff will actually change.

I heard over 50% of the cars broke.

Certainly stuff will change a bit, but if it is half as good as it looks now, it will still be better than the competition for the price.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

I think the car looks bad ass. But I don’t see them going into full production for over 6 months. Especially if they haven’t even tested the prototype. Parts will change from prototype to production. That could also be a long journey figuring out what works and what doesn’t and cost and suppliers.

I think in the end it “should “ be a game changer but I think they will end up being a custom build type of SXS option rather than a production type machine such as Polaris RZR or CamAm Mavericks etc. But maybe that is there overall goal

I

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think the car looks bad ass. But I don’t see them going into full production for over 6 months. Especially if they haven’t even tested the prototype. Parts will change from prototype to production. That could also be a long journey figuring out what works and what doesn’t and cost and suppliers.

I think in the end it “should “ be a game changer but I think they will end up being a custom build type of SXS option rather than a production type machine such as Polaris RZR or CamAm Mavericks etc. But maybe that is there overall goal

I

Quite a bit of the parts are production ready at this moment. The car is going to be built on an assembly line, just like RZRs and Can AMs. They could never meet the price point any other way.

They don’t have the time to sit around and test this car for months, that was never in the cards in the first place. It very well could be April before the first cars come out.

DLC

Reaction score
There was a TON of machined parts on the prototype car and according to the guys in the speed booth those will be Cast Parts, unless the molds are ready to go...
everything takes time

the assembly line needs to be made

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As for the SSSS does anyone know if we can even buy tickets? What’s the plan on social distancing? Do we need masks etc? 6’ rule? Or is it good to go?

I tried to buy tickets online and couldn’t. I thought about heading out Thursday for the cocktail hour with the speed utv thing, but that’s a haul for six hours of driving.. anyone want to go from Havasu? Either Thursday or Sunday?

wallnutz

Reaction score
As for the SSSS does anyone know if we can even buy tickets? What’s the plan on social distancing? Do we need masks etc? 6’ rule? Or is it good to go?

I tried to buy tickets online and couldn’t. I thought about heading out Thursday for the cocktail hour with the speed utv thing, but that’s a haul for six hours of driving.. anyone want to go from Havasu? Either Thursday or Sunday?
I wouldn't come early unless you have something else to do Friday. Show is only open Sat & Sun. Also don't know what the rules are going to be, pretty sure you are going to need to mask up.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Yeah they only allow presale tickets for a certain amount of time then they stop and you have to be at the gate dave

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The production speed car has been testing in havasu this week.

According to Robby shocks need work and I heard it broke an axle already

C08H18

Reaction score

I was at the bike show at westworld on Sunday. Masks required while in the event. It was entirely outside too. Food booths open, social distancing signs posted but few obeyed any 6’ rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeCasa16

Reaction score

It was late to the show

But it’s not 100% yet

On Saturday evening, they had the shocks put on. The car was substantially taller. The bed of the car was up at my chest. I’m 5’11.
B8592EB7-9DDD-4273-B4A0-5C140986C121.jpeg
66063A07-8973-4AE7-BBE3-9035E96C7094.jpeg
2FFD13C4-3051-4D19-8683-CE5EE6664E4B.jpeg
98BAD1B8-2176-4A7D-B03B-A3EC0B8205EF.jpeg
3BD7B507-0F42-40E0-B138-38FCB817724A.jpeg
C1E646D4-05CB-45C0-87A8-CC75A2C1FED4.jpeg
46A5AEC8-7F3A-4A55-BF6B-D37A025F78A8.jpeg
9579ED08-9D2C-4DCF-B15E-A6EB2F3CCC7D.jpeg
100102A5-2160-4185-8C74-1E021FD80B37.jpeg
59985CE5-E704-4491-8C05-21B2DC0A8FE4.jpeg
E89A4B03-6ED4-4218-8195-6421A3165625.jpeg

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

The single rate springs seem to be an interesting call. With how good and established Fox and other coilover companies are, why do we need to re-invent the wheel? I'm sure they will work great, but a fox/king/ADS setup would also work great and probably be a little more simple for servicing down the line.

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score

Tickets here: Clicky

Unfortunately masks will be required as there is still a mandate from Maricopa County to wear them. Dave if you end up coming out let me know.

RaceTec

Reaction score
The single rate springs seem to be an interesting call. With how good and established Fox and other coilover companies are, why do we need to re-invent the wheel? I'm sure they will work great, but a fox/king/ADS setup would also work great and probably be a little more simple for servicing down the line.
It will have dual rate springs, they must have just not had the correct rates? You can see that it is sitting on the crossover. Thing is pretty badass!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Tickets here: Clicky

Unfortunately masks will be required as there is still a mandate from Maricopa County to wear them. Dave if you end up coming out let me know.

I’d like to go, but I got so much shit going on I don’t see it happening

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

They did their own shocks to hit the price point, and attempt to own the market on the shocks I’m sure. The shocks are the same front to back and have rotating reservoirs. The only thing that is supposed to be different front to back will be the valving and shim stacks to adjust total length.

To your point, it will have dual rate springs, those were just in there like that to hold the car up.

I hope we won’t have to go buy Eibach springs for this thing.. but we probably will.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
But wait, no car exists, and they have they ever tested anything :)

that video looks like it’s in fast forward.. lol. That said they said the thing ran 94 mph right out of the gate on the low hp setting so maybe it isn’t?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
that video looks like it’s in fast forward.. lol. That said they said the thing ran 94 mph right out of the gate on the low hp setting so maybe it isn’t?
The car looks like it is, but the dust doesnt.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yea it is gonna be plenty fast on 91.

But that car is also a 2 seat, and a couple hundred pounds lighter than what we will get. That is before we load them up with accessory crap.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yea it is gonna be plenty fast on 91.

But that car is also a 2 seat, and a couple hundred pounds lighter than what we will get. That is before we load them up with accessory crap.

Engine sounds like my Yamaha powered Wildcat XX, so RG's going with another hi-rpm engine ? I'm still getting used to the scream vs putt putt putt of the old RZR.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Engine sounds like my Yamaha powered Wildcat XX, so RG's going with another hi-rpm engine ? I'm still getting used to the scream vs putt putt putt of the old RZR.

I don’t know what the RPM range is on this one. It is an in-line 2 cylinder like a RZR though. Keep in mind this test car has a dump pipe off the turbo and that is it. So it’s got a more aggressive sound than what the production cars will have.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Is Robbie planning to install some sort of cover over the alternator and serpentine belt area? That looks like it would get sand blasted after just a few miles in Glamis!
1602777280378.png

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
So is there generally anything there that is not side by side related? Meaning anything more towards full sized off road vehicles instead of Razor or Can-am? I'm assuming that is more so at the Off Road Expo vs this event.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
According to the vendor list and the map, the big sand rail manufacturers will be there.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
So is there generally anything there that is not side by side related? Meaning anything more towards full sized off road vehicles instead of Razor or Can-am? I'm assuming that is more so at the Off Road Expo vs this event.
I believe this show is originally the "Off Road Expo", but the SSSS piggybacked after Costa Mesa was not realistic.
https://www.offroadexpo.com/scottsd...t&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=ORE_S4&{Ipurl}?utm_source=Thunderburst&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=4WJ_Bloom&gclid=CjwKCAjwiaX8BRBZEiwAQQxGx08Hcaid8zu98ESzlXfyNaYEQtlWLFOFPBxr94SieVJNx5iNrVMunhoCJ8IQAvD_BwE

1tonfun

Reaction score
Shit show, son got there at 10am and the show was to capacity already and he didn't get in. They have shut off the online tickets due to the overwhelming response. Was hoping to go tomorrow morning if we can get tickets online later this evening. Don't know if the actual show is any good. My daughter is up there now and just called and said they ran out of bottled water to sell. I don't think they were planning on the turn out that actually showed up.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
Total shit show, I spent an hour in traffic to be told is was sold out, the 101 is closed at Pima making the traffic worse on the surface streets. 2 other events going on at West World as well. Not happy about wasting the morning.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
From their website:

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 3.22.56 PM.png