WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sand Sports Super Show this weekend 10-17/18-20

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Everyone that went is pissed.. no waters, most didn’t get in, lines that were hours long just to be turned away..

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Good call on my part , decided to stay home , drink a beer , grill Tri Tip and watch Dodgers

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Omg. I almost woke up early and drive down from Havasu. I’m glad we decided to take the spectra up to pirates instead. I’m assuming nobody is giving a discount on Can Ams this year.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Omg. I almost woke up early and drive down from Havasu. I’m glad we decided to take the spectra up to pirates instead. I’m assuming nobody is giving a discount on Can Ams this year.
Id let mine go for a cool 45k 😀

yz450mm

Reaction score
FYI
Screenshot_20201017-194456_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I don’t know what the RPM range is on this one. It is an in-line 2 cylinder like a RZR though. Keep in mind this test car has a dump pipe off the turbo and that is it. So it’s got a more aggressive sound than what the production cars will have.

The Speed car is a 2 cylinder? If they are pushing that much power through a two cylinder do you think there could be engine issues considering Polaris is coming out with a 4 cylinder and Cam Am runs 3.
my BIL has a 160 something horsepower RZR turbo S. My 120 horsepower Can Am has comparable top speed and acceleration with less horsepower. Could this be the same issue with the speed car?

riverroyal

Reaction score
The dealership here in Havasu has the car I want.. I think I could still build it for less than 45k.. 🤔
Probably. To be honest I can add up all my options and get to about 40k with most of the labor on my own
Like everyone I bought the ‘loaded’ version. The RC. I still put 10k into it very easily
Wrap a custom jet trim seat next I think. So that’s about 2000+

cakemoto

Reaction score
I got there at 930 walked right in(yes little traffic off the freeway). Grabbed the few things I need and left at 12 ... the line to get in then was 2 miles long.there was some good deals

grumpy88

Reaction score
And shit like this is why the show will be back in Costa mesa again permenatly . A lot of vendors in black socks with nothing to do today except pack up . Shitty move by the city

gqchris

Reaction score
And shit like this is why the show will be back in Costa mesa again permenatly . A lot of vendors in black socks with nothing to do today except pack up . Shitty move by the city

Why would the city welcome them and then cancel half way? They had to know how crowded it would be. Maybe someone didnt get greased?

WildWilly

Reaction score

CA is far worse right now in their restrictions and with Newsom...no end in sight since he keeps moving the goal posts. I think large events in CA will be impacted for quite some time on their own. But this happening in Scottsdale, does it suprise anyone anymore? the phoenix metro area has changed quite a bit....we'll see just how much after this coming election

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Why would the city welcome them and then cancel half way? They had to know how crowded it would be. Maybe someone didnt get greased?

The city got scared of being called out. I don’t think they knew it would turn into such a spectacle.

Singleton

Reaction score
The city got scared of being called out. I don’t think they knew it would turn into such a spectacle.

venue had another event running at the same time, did that permit get pulled.
I don't think the venue knew how big the sand show was going to be and IMO, played favorites with the other event

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I’ve been to Barrett Jackson the last 3 years, totally different experience, very well run. I’m not sure why it was such a shit show.

DLC

Reaction score
It seems like all they really need is a stadium parking lot with food trucks, beer gardens and a shit load of phone booths with out phones to take a crap!
Like a RV show with out the RV’ s.
this turned into a shit show pretty fast! I would be pissed if I was a vendor or a spectator. So everyone needs to wear a mask no big deal...

I would rather wear a mask and have a cool show to see then no show at all

cakemoto

Reaction score
Honestly yeah there was a lot of people there but no one was wearing their mask the poor lady standing outside just kept repeating herself over and over and over you have to wear your mask outside you have to wear your mask outside people just looking at her like she’s an idiot.And this show had nothing to do with Barrett Jackson