Courtesy of Mark Havasu Secret..

The reeds killed the party.
9DA663E9-5F11-4E3B-B94F-0B0C5103CC1D.jpeg
C4EBF803-681A-40AE-97A9-3A585646C7AC.jpeg
1796CD30-78DF-4D53-92CA-DF5A8B3F4D43.jpeg
36CD76A9-C9A8-45E4-A8D0-E95A4503F1C7.jpeg

instagator

Reaction score
Will it ever change back, and how doe's that happen ?

WYRD

Reaction score
Maybe its just part of getting older but I prefer the reeds. Those days were fun but I'm glad they are in the past. To many people, fights, hangovers, stupid decisions, near misses, ect....the boobs were cool though 🤔 :cool:

Boat 405

Reaction score
Good times. My boat is probably in there somewhere.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Were the leaches there back then? Last time I stopped there we had leaches on our legs after walking around in the water

Tank

Reaction score
It was fun while it lasted. Many a good time at the sandbar during the craziness. Drilldo, videos (girls gone wild was created there), anything goes stuff. I am getting older and I'd agree with @WYRD with kids and a family, even if it was the same, probably would idle by and marvel but not beach up.
6EF1C445-8610-43D9-BD59-052F8879715D.jpeg
KONA 2004 013.jpg

schweeng

Reaction score
Awesome shot Tank... good times.... I see Brian is in the shot with us...in Kevin's boat. Cancer SUCKS!!!

PaPaG

Reaction score
Were the leaches there back then? Last time I stopped there we had leaches on our legs after walking around in the water
I remember leeches in the south side but nothing up high on the north, we would treat that south side like it had the plague lol...well except when there were boobs, at that point we forgot all about those little pesky creatures waiting to suck the blood right out of us, then we also had to worry about the leeches.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I too was there back in the day BUT don't you worry another sandbar is slowly forming right around the corner up river on the westside and some of it looks like the whole section might become a sandbar from shore to shore 🤔

I noticed that last time i was up there. Had not seen that before but it was becoming a popular place to beach.

Tank

Reaction score
I remember leeches in the south side but nothing up high on the north, we would treat that south side like it had the plague lol...well except when there were boobs, at that point we forgot all about those little pesky creatures waiting to suck the blood right out of us, then we also had to worry about the leeches.
We beached up there for a few hours a couple times last year and there wasn't any leach issues. Though, the sandbar is under knee deep water in most places and the sand is like a mud / muck. Not exactly pleasant wading through it, not knowing what you're stepping on.

Some more shots from beaching up a few times last year. It's still probably the best place to chill and watch boats haul ass by!

6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
I too was there back in the day BUT don't you worry another sandbar is slowly forming right around the corner up river on the westside and some of it looks like the whole section might become a sandbar from shore to shore 🤔
There's some good potential there. Hopefully it doesn't keep reaching across the river. Getting tight there already.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
It's 20' deep along the shore.
You should see the looks I get when I cut to the inside. It's actually deeper than trying to go middle of river.
Same concept as heading up river from the lake if you know how o read the water.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I think the sand bar is my favorite part. I love watchin the boats fly past. Pirates is cool kids love playing on the beach But watching big money boat stretching there legs is awesome.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I cruised back into speed alley the other day, really disappointing how overgrown and no beach left when the water is high.🙁

I really think the no wake zone really screwed that whole area up. It was a nice place to chill for 30 years.
C0B824EA-BEE0-4D86-9696-6438E9D155D9.jpeg
A79E5121-B0F5-4F05-BB6A-DD347335E2AB.jpeg

wet hull

Reaction score
The girls doing reverse shoulder rides was always fun!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Maybe its just part of getting older but I prefer the reeds. Those days were fun but I'm glad they are in the past. To many people, fights, hangovers, stupid decisions, near misses, ect....the boobs were cool though 🤔 :cool:

What??? I thought the RDP consensus was that 2020-2021 was unquestionably the busiest, most accident prone, most drunks and stupid people ever on the water.. ever.

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
I found it the hard way 18months ago. I pretty sure Thane found it too.

WYRD

Reaction score
What??? I thought the RDP consensus was that 2020-2021 was unquestionably the busiest, most accident prone, most drunks and stupid people ever on the water.. ever.
That may be but due to life changes I haven't been on the water in over 4 years so I wouldn't know....doesn't change my perception though ;)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That may be but due to life changes I haven't been on the water in over 4 years so I wouldn't know....doesn't change my perception though ;)

It's not. You are spot on. It was way worse in the past and today is tame by comparison.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It was fun while it lasted. Many a good time at the sandbar during the craziness. Drilldo, videos (girls gone wild was created there), anything goes stuff. I am getting older and I'd agree with @WYRD with kids and a family, even if it was the same, probably would idle by and marvel but not beach up.
View attachment 1031646 View attachment 1031647

Look at all those people with their boater safety cards using their lanyards and not drinking a drop!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
View attachment 1031646 View attachment 1031647
Crazy to see how few toons were in the shot, times have changed.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
For sure, I stuck the toon hard into that a week or so, the buoys need to moved out, its getting bigger.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I cruised back into speed alley the other day, really disappointing how overgrown and no beach left when the water is high.🙁

I really think the no wake zone really screwed that whole area up. It was a nice place to chill for 30 years.
View attachment 1031667 View attachment 1031668
So whats the verdict on Speed Alley, is it legal to run fast in there? From what I heard many of my neighbors started the drive to get it closed down because of the noise below their houses. I live across from it now and I would welcome the sound of boats ripping by.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Been a while since I have even stopped there. Shit, after the grass filled in we used to play with the baby pigs that live in there.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
So whats the verdict on Speed Alley, is it legal to run fast in there? From what I heard many of my neighbors started the drive to get it closed down because of the noise below their houses. I live across from it now and I would welcome the sound of boats ripping by.

it was reopened. But its closed! Don't mention it ever again!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I don’t think noise had anything to do with closing down speed alley I think they did it to save some damn fish or ducks or something. I hadn’t been through there in a while and thought I’d check it out, really disappointed in what it’s become but you could still run some boats there when the water is high, just don’t know how often the water cops cruises through.
I didn’t go any further south to see what the takeoff area looks like, but I wasn’t even turning up dirt in my pontoon the water was so high when I went through.
I would assume the outboard church crew would run an occasional test through there.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
What happened at Sandbar, stays at Sandbar. Copper Canyon<----The OG as well

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I would get banned if I put some of my old pics up... there are some good ones being put up... so much dam fun.