WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sandrail update, new body who dis

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
New KATG big body car, all hand built aluminum body. Paint has lace, fades, silver leaf. New school meets old school. Still doing new kings all the way around, full interior, stereo. Plan is Sand Sports Show 2019.

Low center of gravity, 1650lbs, outfront - Subi w 20lbs of boost on e85. Like a slot car in the dunes, with enough power to humble many nut swingers at the drags, lol

Went to glamis last weekend to finally do a shakedown run to make sure body doesn't effect running temps etc... Like a champ so far. Who’s gonna be out there for MLK weekend.

Note: for those that don’t know MLK weekend is a free no passes required weekend in glamis

1F9BA783-B111-45CD-B126-7339CA9B0EDF.jpeg
before pic, orig - suspension unlimited 2006 ultra light show car
B259E874-C6F7-4528-8E6E-F1D1A33E6EE2.png
EEA2E6FF-C567-4CBD-B2C3-F5BD719E46E1.jpeg
B1F31241-20E9-4C6E-80EC-AB6978C05914.jpeg
B1F6A5F1-E252-4D39-992D-62E5A2B7857A.jpeg
DD53C034-C8AD-4799-9FCC-0D0498982E98.jpeg

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Looks pimp.

So...just so we are clear, same car, new body.... or did you get a new car? I wasn't informed. ;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of sand in the center scoop in this picture. Intercooler intake?

Is there a drop out at the bottom?

New KATG big body car, all hand built aluminum body. Paint has lace, fades, silver leaf. New school meets old school. Still doing new kings all the way around, full interior, stereo. Plan is Sand Sports Show 2019.

Low center of gravity, 1650lbs, outfront - Subi w 20lbs of boost on e85. Like a slot car in the dunes, with enough power to humble many nut swingers at the drags, lol

Went to glamis last weekend to finally do a shakedown run to make sure body doesn't effect running temps etc... Like a champ so far. Who’s gonna be out there for MLK weekend.

Note: for those that don’t know MLK weekend is a free no passes required weekend in glamis
View attachment 717628

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Looks pimp.

So...just so we are clear, same car, new body.... or did you get a new car? I wasn't informed. ;)
Seems like a lot of sand in the center scoop in this picture. Intercooler intake?

Is there a drop out at the bottom?

Yes same car

And yes intercooler. Ya see what happened waaaas. Lol
It was sprinkling most of last Saturday. We were heading back to take off. Rain started couldn’t see for shit. I followed tires over a dune instead of parallel and over. Centered it in that process roosted the fuk out of it and covered entire rear in about 1/2in of wet sand. What’s on rear still Is what didn’t wash off in rain back to camp. Lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yes same car

And yes intercooler. Ya see what happened waaaas. Lol
It was sprinkling most of last Saturday. We were heading back to take off. Rain started couldn’t see for shit. I followed tires over a dune instead of parallel and over. Centered it in that process roosted the fuk out of it and covered entire rear in about 1/2in of wet sand. What’s on rear still Is what didn’t wash off in rain back to camp. Lol

When is the St Anthony's trip?

That thing is was to bad azz for Glamis.

: thumbup:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I got a call from one of those fellers one year about my billet Banshee cases need to beat one of the other fellers in that picture. :)

You should in ID. My buddy rides with these fellers a couple times a year. Usually fucks his shit up trying to keep up.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
The new skin looks bad ass !!! color is spot on and clean clean clean - looking at it on the I pad is like a total show car! Sand Show car in the making!

I hope to see it at the SS ...

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
When is the St Anthony's trip?

That thing is was to bad azz for Glamis.

: thumbup:

Passed by it earlier this year on way to Yellowstone, never been. It was still getting worked on. But man it gave me motivation to want to go.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
No offense my man but I got my money on them.

I ain’t no nascar groupie mother fucka, lol

Busch has a Tatum I believe. He’ll prolly run me.
Biffle better fill up his rzr z1 conversion to race gas and full boost to hang
Rzrs actually weigh more then my car and I’m running nearly double his hp- full boost versus my full boost.
I’m sure they could outdrive me, but I’m willing blow my shit up or break it sooo there’s that. LOL

Rbcconst

Reaction score

View attachment 717623 before pic, orig - suspension unlimited 2006 ultra light show car View attachment 717624 View attachment 717625 View attachment 717626 View attachment 717627 View attachment 717628

Adam does a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Passed by it earlier this year on way to Yellowstone, never been. It was still getting worked on. But man it gave me motivation to want to go.

So in Glamis, China wall is arguably the biggest, steepest hill there?

In St Anthony's, there is a hill called Choke Cherry. China would be the base board for Choke Cherry!

St Anthony's may not have the total square miles of Glamis, but the dunes are open and Huge. You can run in top gear wide open for miles, transitioning from hill to hill.

Cars like yours were made for SA. I've been twice. I can post lots of pics if you want.

:)

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
So in Glamis, China wall is arguably the biggest, steepest hill there?

In St Anthony's, there is a hill called Choke Cherry. China would be the base board for Choke Cherry!

St Anthony's may not have the total square miles of Glamis, but the dunes are open and Huge. You can run in top gear wide open for miles, transitioning from hill to hill.

Cars like yours were made for SA. I've been twice. I can post lots of pics if you want.

:)

Post away

St Anthony will likely be on the list for next year.
Just got to convince the group to step up their sand game.

JD D05

Reaction score
I ain’t no nascar groupie mother fucka, lol

Busch has a Tatum I believe. He’ll prolly run me.
Biffle better fill up his rzr z1 conversion to race gas and full boost to hang
Rzrs actually weigh more then my car and I’m running nearly double his hp- full boost versus my full boost.
I’m sure they could outdrive me, but I’m willing blow my shit up or break it sooo there’s that. LOL

Hahahahaha good stuff man

evantwheeler

Reaction score
IMG_6545.JPG
IMG_6539.JPG
IMG_6550.JPG

St. Anthony's is the shit. Been 2 years in a row, back this summer the week of 4th of July with 6 cars. The leader in our group has a subaru powered car, likely similar in power to yours, and hit 122mph on his GPS going down a bowl this past summer if that gives you any indications as to how big and sweeping the bowls are.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Bitchin car. Turned out stunning. While I have a 3d body on my car but not to the extent as your, I could never spend the money to build a new one. Seen too many guys roll their cars and ruin $10000+ in aluminum and paint work. I could never morally submit an insurance claim for something like that or come out of pocket for those repairs. I'd be driving your car like a grandma, too afraid to hurt it!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 721974 View attachment 721975 View attachment 721976
St. Anthony's is the shit. Been 2 years in a row, back this summer the week of 4th of July with 6 cars. The leader in our group has a subaru powered car, likely similar in power to yours, and hit 122mph on his GPS going down a bowl this past summer if that gives you any indications as to how big and sweeping the bowls are.

Take Mellow with you on your next trip...

He needs someone to show him the ropes, and has the perfect car for SA!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Bitchin car. Turned out stunning. While I have a 3d body on my car but not to the extent as your, I could never spend the money to build a new one. Seen too many guys roll their cars and ruin $10000+ in aluminum and paint work. I could never morally submit an insurance claim for something like that or come out of pocket for those repairs. I'd be driving your car like a grandma, too afraid to hurt it!

I started out thinking I would save some money over a new or newer used. By the time it’s done I could of got a decently set up new car. Lol

But at least there is no other cars that will be mistaken as mine. So there’s that.
Dropped it off to outfront Monday, stroker 2.5 and will be closer to 25psi on boost maybe more not sure yet.
Looks like some nice rides in your group. I’m determined to hit SA 2019 summer.
Still working on some of the guys in our group, they’re scared about the drive there with their older rvs.

Hammer

Reaction score
I started out thinking I would save some money over a new or newer used. By the time it’s done I could of got a decently set up new car. Lol

But at least there is no other cars that will be mistaken as mine. So there’s that.
Dropped it off to outfront Monday, stroker 2.5 and will be closer to 25psi on boost maybe more not sure yet.
Still working on some of the guys in our group, they’re scared about the drive there with their older rvs.

IMG_1436.jpg
IMG_1439.jpg
IMG_1441.jpg

Pics don’t do it justice!! Thanks for the ride Tim. I can’t believe you are putting more power to it.... it was a runner when we almost became you tube famous at the sand drags [emoji41][emoji85][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
View attachment 722098 View attachment 722099 View attachment 722100

Pics don’t do it justice!! Thanks for the ride Tim. I can’t believe you are putting more power to it.... it was a runner when we almost became you tube famous at the sand drags [emoji41][emoji85][emoji15]

Lmao! Haven’t seen any videos of us weaving when we should of been bobbing over that weekend. I’m sure they’re out there but nothing posted that Iv seen yet :D

Hammer

Reaction score
Lmao! Haven’t seen any videos of us weaving when we should of been bobbing over that weekend. I’m sure they’re out there but nothing posted that Iv seen yet :D

I think my brother in law might have some video. I’ll check

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
You better start thinking about a sequential box.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
That’s next :D basically when I cook current trans that was just built last year.

Prolem is it prolly isn't a bolt in when it does break, and it is worth waaaay less when it is. ;) Gonna need some chassis work.

Better to plan for it than scramble.

Nothing like missing a season because the gearboxes aren't available.

Brian