WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sanger bubble deck

steventafc

Reaction score
I just picked up a sanger bubble deck,can someone tell me If these are genrally good boats.I've had a couple of Coles an a hondo an They were great.I got it real cheap and it is real real nice.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I just picked up a sanger bubble deck,can someone tell me If these are genrally good boats.I've had a couple of Coles an a hondo an They were great.I got it real cheap and it is real real nice.

Which style of sanger bubble deck did you get?

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I have had two of them both were great... 81' 19 with a slight v... great ski boat solid as a rock as well. 77' 18'6" long deck, it's a light lay up and I believe that they called it a gull wing as well, fun boat, quick and will out turn a turnament boat. I have also been around my cousins 74' 19' bubble deck, strong boat still looks great and has been used hard to ski, barefoot etc... In my opinion you can't find a better flat bottom, my Dad and Brother have a 69 flat deck that is in great shape as well and it was a fun boat to drive. The funny thing is that with the 4 Sangers I have experience with, all drive, ride and run different, but doi it well. I attached a couple pics of the 77 and the 74

Attachments

• 5.3.JPG
    5.3.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 5.2.JPG
    5.2.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 966
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 920
Last edited:

steventafc

Reaction score
I'm not sure which style I have,but I will post some pictures this weekend.I do know it has a real slight v in the bottom.an it seems to be a heavy set up,well at least heaver then my hondo was.

sangerfan76

Reaction score
on the cav plate is easiest to tell. do you have one solid. or 2 with a slight v in the hull or 3 step .

steventafc

Reaction score
This is what I have gotten for 1.000.00...I think I did ok

Attachments

• DSC00873.JPG
    DSC00873.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 811
  • DSC00876.JPG
    DSC00876.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 793
  • DSC00875.JPG
    DSC00875.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 863
  • DSC00874.JPG
    DSC00874.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 801

sangerfan76

Reaction score
very nice hull , looks great keep the pics up as the build goes. sangers here in the west seem to draw the money. you scored:D

RVRDAD

Reaction score
My '74, and every one I have seen like mine are well built and balanced. Mine took some adjustment to the final drive shaft position to eliminate minor porpoising, (A nickle between the shaft and the trans) I put a blown 490 in it and it did 125 mph on GPS. You run out of H2O very quickly. It has the original gel coat which was brought back to it's incredible glow and shine by Billy B who did a color sand and clear coat. They are great boats and well worth any money you put in them.

Attachments

• Irvine Lake.jpg
    Irvine Lake.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 718

steventafc

Reaction score
Well got it in my shop getting it striped down,You know all new seals and bushings,just checkin everything real good,took the gear box apart tonite,an everything looked good.

Schiada Time

Reaction score
RVRDAD-Is this the Sanger that lives in Blythe? Saw the boat at Hidden Beaches about 7 years ago

MOUZER

Reaction score
nice fricken find..you did real good..........please check out your floors and stringers for delam soft spots...i see alot of discoloration but overall a great find.......oh ya i will give 1200 for it.:p:p:D

RVRDAD

Reaction score
RVRDAD-Is this the Sanger that lives in Blythe? Saw the boat at Hidden Beaches about 7 years ago

We were down at Hidden Beaches forever! We moved up to Parker a few years ago to Sand Bar (Old Red Rock) Crawling distance to Fox's. If you are still @ HB say hello to Beth & Andy and tell him to turn the music down.

Schiada Time

Reaction score
I thought that was you. Beautiful boat. A Sanger Flat is one of my dreams. Someday I'll get one. I have a 22 schiada V-drive that I will keep forever as my family boat. I want a Sanger flat for a play boat. Thought about a hondo or DiMarco but I have my heart set on a Sanger. Beautiful boat RVRDAD

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I thought that was you. Beautiful boat. A Sanger Flat is one of my dreams. Someday I'll get one. I have a 22 schiada V-drive that I will keep forever as my family boat. I want a Sanger flat for a play boat. Thought about a hondo or DiMarco but I have my heart set on a Sanger. Beautiful boat RVRDAD

Biesemeyers are better. :D

rvrmom

Reaction score

I just told RVRDAD about your nice comments, he's in the other room...

Shit, hunt it down, it's in NorCal somewhere. We hit the skids financially about 6 years ago and sold it. Heard through the grapevine the dipshit put pump gas in it, Mark alway ran it on AV gas, anyway the guy blew the motor. Guaranteed it's sittin in someone's garage.

The boat was in Hot Boat too, I'll have him post up the pic's and article.

Schiada Time

Reaction score
Yes Beismeyers are bitchin. I do like the classic shape at the back of an old flat and how they roll in the back. I also would love to have your hondo if you ever want to part with it. Watched your lake and river hopping video about 10 times with you and djunkie bantering back and forth

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Yes Beismeyers are bitchin. I do like the classic shape at the back of an old flat and how they roll in the back. I also would love to have your hondo if you ever want to part with it. Watched your lake and river hopping video about 10 times with you and djunkie bantering back and forth

No bickering. All in fun. In all honesty I just wanna be like Jerry. That guy is like a God. Still waiting to see a video of him walking on water. Well if I can afford the DVD. LOL!!!! :D

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
No bickering. All in fun. In all honesty I just wanna be like Jerry. That guy is like a God. Still waiting to see a video of him walking on water. Well if I can afford the DVD. LOL!!!! :D

If you missed the pay per view you're sol. :D no dvd.

irish spring

Reaction score
sanger lake ming.jpg Look here......she still runs and runs strong!!! Sounds like somone needs to go back to machanic school. I never screwed the MOTOR up it still pumps water out the side just fine. I did have a learning curve when it came to the ENGINE! hahahaa......Put someone down when you dont even know the truth...SMH Irish Spring School...here you go....MOTOR is eletric ENGINE fuel...GOT IT? This summer at the Lake...........WOW this dipshit still has it.....:eek:champagne:

rvrmom

Reaction score
Ho Lee Fuk... LOL!!! Honestly that's awesome. Mark is gonna shit when I tell him. LOL... When we sold the boat.. that's what's what we heard is someone put bad gas in and it went bnag. He was so bummed... He loves that boat. I by no means saying you a dipshit... just what we heard that's all.

irish spring

Reaction score
Its been a great boat!!! Setting in a garage correct, all winter........then when summer gets here,:D its at the lake...lol...I love this boat! Ask him if he wants it back.... 8-8-13 upload 178.jpg

rvrmom

Reaction score
He does :D Glad you are enjoying the boat :thumbup: Were you they guy that bought it from us? Just to clarify 100% never did I mean to call YOU a dipshit. I just remember asking my husband long after he sold it.... So what's going on with the boat? He said... not sure I heard bad gas was put in it and the motor blew. He was just bumming hard he had to sell it and quite honestly I felt bad too. But we had to. We had just had our now 10 year old and towed in back in forth from OC to Parker and costing alot of money. H.o.t.b.oat did a spread on that boat in their magazine. Out at Lake Irvine... if you want a copy let me know. Again glad you are enjoying the boat:thumbup::)

irish spring

Reaction score
He does :D Glad you are enjoying the boat :thumbup: Were you they guy that bought it from us? Just to clarify 100% never did I mean to call YOU a dipshit. I just remember asking my husband long after he sold it.... So what's going on with the boat? He said... not sure I heard bad gas was put in it and the motor blew. He was just bumming hard he had to sell it and quite honestly I felt bad too. But we had to. We had just had our now 10 year old and towed in back in forth from OC to Parker and costing alot of money. H.o.t.b.oat did a spread on that boat in their magazine. Out at Lake Irvine... if you want a copy let me know. Again glad you are enjoying the boat:thumbup::)

Yes I was the one that purchased it from mark. I was stopped at lake ming one day by the guys at rhe boat drags and he did another write up on it. I have not did much to it except fly above the water...lol....it has been here in bakersfield every sence. The boat still hauls ass and I have never been beat while at the lake here.

irish spring

Reaction score
Yes I was the one that purchased it from mark. I was stopped at lake ming one day by the guys at rhe boat drags and he did another write up on it. I have not did much to it except fly above the water...lol....it has been here in bakersfield every sence. The boat still hauls ass and I have never been beat while at the lake here.

That would be sweet to have the magazine.....I could pay you for it?

rvrmom

Reaction score
This thread is great:thumbup: Mark just came by and I said wanna see the old flatty LOL:thumbup: He was tripping out. He said that's awesome :thumbup: He wants to know how much LOL

That boat gave us some grief. He bought it from somebody in Long Beach and then had the motor completely re-done. I will never forget... it happened twice. We were out in Blythe and he launches it and does I swear maybe a 100 yard and BOOOM. I said you need to either learn to wrench on this thing yourself or get another builder LOL. Ron Bolton I believe did the last build and it was awesome.

irish spring

Reaction score
Wow.....I know what you mean....the boat has been a head turner every time I go out..... $15, 000

rvrmom

Reaction score
PM me. You gave Mark a ride in his own boat this past weekend. I'm fucking dying of laughter