WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Santa Barbara hammered in burn areas

H2O

Reaction score
For those that haven't been following the news, the Santa Barbara area (specifically Montecito and Carpinteria) got hammered below the burn areas.

6 dead so far, several still missing, and dozens of rescues underway. Many roads including the 101 are closed. Lots of rescues taking place by helicopter. They showed a 14 year old girl being pulled from a collapsed house full of mud. She was trapped in mud for something like 5 hours, but survived. Another 2 year old was found in the mud, and also survived.

As predicted, the volume of the runoff and debris flow was 10 times greater as a result of recent fires.

Several homes were just saved from the Thomas Fire, only to be wiped out by mud and debris flow.

What a mess....

DTHyfsRUMAAufIb.jpeg

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I knew something was going on up there Ventura County Fire sent a Strike Team up there this morning AMR sent a Strike Team up there this morning and then the county again sent a USAR Strike Team up there late morning the news locally hasn't had crap on it, however I have not watched it in about 3hrs

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
010918-Olive-Mill-Hot-Springs-Intersection-UH-5-1000x667.jpg

Yep it's really bad. 101 will probably be closed for a few more days. Downtown Old Montecito is 4' in mud and boulders/trees. Those are rescue workers chest deep in mud in the shallow part.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Crazy stuff, we live in a crazy state- If its not droughts, its fires, floods, and earthquakes!

Sad stuff to see, I couldnt imagine living in SB and escaping the fire unscathed and then have my house damaged due to floods.

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Crazy. My Brother is heading up to Pismo this weekend. They should have it cleared up by then.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We called off our crews this morning, a few of them got caught in the traffic jam but nobody was caught in the actual slide. This area can't catch a break

redone76

Reaction score
Crazy. My Brother is heading up to Pismo this weekend. They should have it cleared up by then.
I'm heading to Arroyo Grande Friday morning for a family party. I hope its open or I'm taking the 5 to the 166. Not as scenic though

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Since this extreme amount of runoff and mudslides are attributed to the Thomas fire, would the responsible people/parties for the Thomas fire also be responsible for the death and destruction the mudslides created? Im just curious cause ive heard the VERY strong rumor mill as to what caused the fire and if both are true, it could be really bad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

redone76

Reaction score
Since this extreme amount of runoff and mudslides are attributed to the Thomas fire, would the responsible people/parties for the Thomas fire also be responsible for the death and destruction the mudslides created? Im just curious cause ive heard the VERY strong rumor mill as to what caused the fire and if both are true, it could be really bad.

Please share!!! Enquiring minds want to know!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Please share!!! Enquiring minds want to know!
Ill just say from what i was told, the lawsuit that was filed is not far from the truth but, isnt 100% accurate.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Secrets dont make friends!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

H2O

Reaction score
The debris flow made it all the way to the ocean....for anyone that's knows the area, this is Butterfly Beach.

FB_IMG_1515538335062.jpg