WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Saturday July 2nd

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
6am in the channel.
20220702_062040.jpg

Pretty much full. Lots of EZups with a couple soldiers here/there to keep watch.
Driving across the bridge at 5am there was quite a bit of boat traffic.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Looks the same as every beach in Big Bend. Headed home in a few minutes.

Can't wait to get the hell outa here! 😁

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I Just can’t imagine getting up that early to launch a boat and then leave it. To sit there and party in one spot all day.. what’s the point of the boat?
Harder to move than an EZ Up.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
No thanks. I was considering driving out to Havasu after I drop the wife and kid at the airport today.
Decided to stay home. The animals don’t like fireworks and while my wife and daughter are hiking 40 miles of the Colorado Trail next week, I will be updating the backyard (wife asked for a couple changes so I will surprise her with those).

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
No thanks. I was considering driving out to Havasu after I drop the wife and kid at the airport today.
Decided to stay home. The animals don’t like fireworks and while my wife and daughter are hiking 40 miles of the Colorado Trail next week, I will be updating the backyard (wife asked for a couple changes so I will surprise her with those).
Send them well wishes from my gang!

What section(s) of the CT are they on?

Singleton

Reaction score
Send them well wishes from my gang!

What section(s) of the CT are they on?
They are hiking in reverse segment 16 (mile 15.2) to the start of segment 15. Total of apx 30 miles. Starting Monday July 4th and are being picked up on Friday July 8. Group includes my wife, daughter (10), FIL, SIL and her husband and then my nephew (14). Nephew is the slowest hiker I have ever hiked with and last year averaged a mile every 40 minutes, until he dropped out after day 1. FIL is hoping that this year, since the longest day is only 8 miles that he does not drop out (no good place for him to get picked up).

FCT

Reaction score
They are hiking in reverse segment 16 (mile 15.2) to the start of segment 15. Total of apx 30 miles. Starting Monday July 4th and are being picked up on Friday July 8. Group includes my wife, daughter (10), FIL, SIL and her husband and then my nephew (14). Nephew is the slowest hiker I have ever hiked with and last year averaged a mile every 40 minutes, until he dropped out after day 1. FIL is hoping that this year, since the longest day is only 8 miles that he does not drop out (no good place for him to get picked up).
That’s rad your 10 y/o is doing that 🙌

Singleton

Reaction score
That’s rad your 10 y/o is doing that 🙌
It’s her 2nd year. Makes me a proud dad.
She is also section hiking the Pacific Crest Trail with mom and have done sections from Warner Springs to Big Bear over the last 2 years.

Veterans weekend in November, we are hiking the Trans Catalina Trail as a family. That is going to kick my ass

FCT

Reaction score
It’s her 2nd year. Makes me a proud dad.
She is also section hiking the Pacific Crest Trail with mom and have done sections from Warner Springs to Big Bear over the last 2 years.

Veterans weekend in November, we are hiking the Trans Catalina Trail as a family. That is going to kick my ass
Awesome! Can’t wait to do the same with my boys. Hope you guys have a awesome time 👊

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's why we don't do holidays.
But for many its the only time off they get.

Hopefully they keep the drivers drinking on the beach and not on the water.

Reactions: FCT

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I Just can’t imagine getting up that early to launch a boat and then leave it. To sit there and party in one spot all day.. what’s the point of the boat?
Some of that is just an early launch strategy, not everyone plans on staying. Launch, put boat in Channel, get rest of family and stuff and head down later. I used to do this even 20 years ago on a big weekend just to avoid the wait at the Marina/Windsor. If you don't have a slip there's really nowhere else to put the boat temporarily.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Looks the same as every beach in Big Bend. Headed home in a few minutes.

Can't wait to get the hell outa here! 😁
So are the tiny homes being put in camping area going to be weekend rentals or they selling them?

WildWilly

Reaction score
I was out running around and decided to drive down inudstrial right at 9a. full at the gas station but no line. No line on industrial, I could have driven right in to Windsor with 3 boats in line. Overflow parking only had a couple trucks. Went down to Windsor 4 and not even half full. seemed pretty light for a holiday weekend

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So are the tiny homes being put in camping area going to be weekend rentals or they selling them?

They have added three (so far) south of the launch ramp. Total of four now.

I've Heard that they will be rentals. The camping spots on the north end of the park are being replaced with mobils regularly.

Won't bother me if All of the camping spots go away.

When we pulled the wave runner out at 6am today, there wasn't a soul awake down there, but there was trash and crap Everywhere.

Typical river behavior. 😎

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
6am in the channel. Last time I got up that early I was carrying school books.😀

Reactions: DWC

boatnam2

Reaction score
They have added three (so far) south of the launch ramp. Total of four now.

I've Heard that they will be rentals. The camping spots on the north end of the park are being replaced with mobils regularly.

Won't bother me if All of the camping spots go away.

When we pulled the wave runner out at 6am today, there wasn't a soul awake down there, but there was trash and crap Everywhere.

Typical river behavior. 😎
I figured they would be.

Allwaysbroken

Reaction score
Happy 2nd of July.

Attachments

• 24AB996C-22FA-49A1-A28D-AABA0BF01843.jpeg
    24AB996C-22FA-49A1-A28D-AABA0BF01843.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 19

DWC

Reaction score
For those in Havasu this weekend, how busy has it been? Any idea on how busy compared to last year?

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
I parked in the channel for about 30 minutes last weekend and that was enough of the stereo wars for me 🤣
My boat came with a 4,000 wat stereo that wasn’t working. Turned out to be just shitty wiring and even though I ran an installation shop and have more trophy’s for car stereo installations than I can count, I almost didn’t even fix it because I am so sick of all the boat stereos turned up past 11.

How is that enjoyable for anybody?

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
The main reason we stopped going to Havasu was the lack of actual boating. (Side note : buddy had a boat. 18ft Larson. We would go boating. I mention that I was going to get a boat. He said why we always boat together anyway. So we made a deal that he would make the boat payment and I would pay for all fuel.)

We would typically leave work early Friday. Get there in time for dinner. Saturday morning we would be out on the water about 8am and either water skiing or wake boarding. We would do that until about 10 and head to copper canyon. Stay there until about noon and then make a run to Topock for lunch. After lunch we would go to the sandbar and watch the show, throw footballs and frisbees. Then we would head to the channel for an hour or 2 before we got off the water. Head to condo, guys would clean the boat and ladies would either cook dinner or get ready to go out.

We did this for years. About 2 times a month in the summer.

Then he talked about getting a new boat. He got an Ultra Stealth gay boat er I mean jet bote. We had a blast in that doing Blyth and the lower river. Then we started not doing as much on the water as we use to. His wife didn't like how loud the Ultra was, so we ran it less.

Then they talked about getting a new boat. They got a 28 Ultra Cuddy. Then less boating would happen. Would launch about 9-9:30. Head to a beach. Hang out until 2 then head to the channel. Pull the boat at 5-6.

We stopped going as it just got too boring for us. Spend a bunch of money going to Havasu to sit on a beach or the channel. We can do that in San Diego with out all the expense and time.

I know some people love that and that is great. Just not for us. Still really good friends with them, but they haven't had a boat for 15 years and no desire to get one. Life changes.