WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Saturday July 2nd

Shady

Reaction score
They are hiking in reverse segment 16 (mile 15.2) to the start of segment 15. Total of apx 30 miles. Starting Monday July 4th and are being picked up on Friday July 8. Group includes my wife, daughter (10), FIL, SIL and her husband and then my nephew (14). Nephew is the slowest hiker I have ever hiked with and last year averaged a mile every 40 minutes, until he dropped out after day 1. FIL is hoping that this year, since the longest day is only 8 miles that he does not drop out (no good place for him to get picked up).
Your daughter is a superstar to do that at 10 years old! Your wife and daughter didn't happen to be hiking a section of the PCT Memorial Day weekend did they? Ran into a mother and daughter that were back packing while my similarly aged daughter was complaining about a 1/2 mile hike we were doing.

Singleton

Reaction score
Your daughter is a superstar to do that at 10 years old! Your wife and daughter didn't happen to be hiking a section of the PCT Memorial Day weekend did they? Ran into a mother and daughter that were back packing while my similarly aged daughter was complaining about a 1/2 mile hike we were doing.
Yes they were, around Big Bear.

Singleton

Reaction score
We saw them as we were overlooking Holcomb Valley.

I picked them up at the start of the Holcomb Creek 4x4 Trail. The goal was to hike to Crap Flats campground, but after starting Friday at Baldwin Summit Vista, my daughter did not want to hike the last mile uphill, so I drove the fire roads to pick them up.

I have my annual daddy/daughter Havasu trip plus a Superstition quad adventure. Mom/daughter go hiking :)

WildWilly

Reaction score
noon today Windsor was still open, about 4 boats in line at the stop sign. Definitely slower this year than the last few years