WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SB Sheriffs High desert OHV crackdown in effect

Deckin Around

Reaction score
My biggest concern with these stops is let's say "if" someone in our group stops for a beer break while out riding, Not trashed, but we all know how it goes, throws the empty's in the back of the car instead of littering, now they are looking at a open container or worse a dui?

King of the hammers 2013 was in Feb right after the UTV helmet law first went into effect Jan 1.
Most didn't know especially people from out of state and the sheriff/CHP had an easy reason to pull over tons of people. They were warning about the helmets and checking for DUI's which were plentiful.
Officers had 2-10 utv's at a time every night holding with a chp cruiser by the gate for towing impound. That's basically at the end of my road and the tow trucks just kept coming all week every time I went by.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
King of the hammers 2013 was in Feb right after the UTV helmet law first went into effect Jan 1. Most didn't know and the sheriff/CHP had an easy reason to pull over tons of people. They were warning about the helmets and checking for DUI's. They had up to 10+ utv's at a time every night aholding with a chp cruiser by the gate for towing impound and the tow trucks just kept coming all week.
Exactly what happened in glamis on Halloween with the new Polaris out

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
This shit cracks me up.
Its legal to be homeless and harress people, legal to steal anything under $900, legal to shoot up drugs in public, package thefts are thru the roof, catalytic convertor thefts, people drive like aggressive assholes,

But the real crime is out in the desert… Thats where we gonna focus the limited resources…
Lets go harrass the guy who worked 70 hours a week to buy there kid a dirt bike for Xmas and ruin their day on his first ride..
Your riding a Red Sticker bike in a Green Sticker area.. thats felony you stupid shit. 5 years for you
Yeah… thats a great idea.

I dont miss CA… not at all.
If you bought a chunk of land in the boonies and built a house out there, you might be singing a different tune. Take that shit out to Glamis, Hodge Rd or any other number of places designated for it.

77charger

Reaction score
Since I live where this crackdown is happening let me offer my .2cents.

I’m glad they are doing.
Sorry but we get a massive amount of douche bags from down the hill that come up to the “Shity” desert and litter, burn pallets and beer bottles. Drive drunk as fuck and ruin it for the rest of us.

Play by the rules and you have nothing to worry about. Funny how that works.
Gotta agree with you the explosion of new off roaders cough cough sign and drive have little experience and respect when it comes to off roading.Not many want to hear the stereo on level 20 when your are parked at a look out or something and they pull up.The town folks dont care for them running down your streets full speed radio blasting,Locals hate to see the trash left behind etc.

There are legal places to ride where they can do so and follow the laws they wont have issues.I dont want to hear the lack of riding places thats a ca state issue and they live there.Last but not least if you ride where you aint suppose to but not been harrased because well you kept mellow and roide through dont share the damn place on razorsonly.com.LOL

FCT

Reaction score
I agree but how fast are you and for how long in what vehicle? I see deputies with Honda, KTM and Husky DIRTBIKES in that pic. They're unmarked, so are they the officer's personal bikes? I wouldn't doubt for a second there are some badass riders in the sheriff dept who would all jump at the chance to hit the trails. I bet they are there specifically for the guys who run.
I’m past those days, Shit I haven’t rode in 10 years and I don’t miss it the littlest bit. always on 2 wheels though. SB and RSO used to have officers in the hills often and I have been chased more than a few times. @bldrinker never said I was faster than a helicopter. RSO actually landed the bird to talk to me and my buddies one time but let us go without a ticket or anything.

TCHB

Reaction score
Here’s something that I have a rough time comprehending : a San Bernardino sheriff at the sand show in Havasu told me he would “ contact “ me in the Ca desert if I wasn’t wearing a helmet , at which time I would most likely be cited and educated about the dangers of not wearing a helmet … ok , fair enough , but in San Francisco the city recently spent , I think , like $30M for a safe / secure drug injection center ! They will not only supply you free of charge the drugs of your choice , lab approved , high potency synthetic drugs , they will literally inject them for you ! Are we living on 2 separate planets ??
Americans Love their drugs! We have not solved this issue in 70 years! Why?

FCT

Reaction score
Exactly if you have ever seen a fire vs police mx race at glen Helen some of these guys can ride for sure
Been to a few races in my day and have plenty of buddies from racing that are good riders and deputies now.

77charger

Reaction score
I’m past those days, Shit I haven’t rode in 10 years and I don’t miss it the littlest bit. always on 2 wheels though. SB and RSO used to have officers in the hills often and I have been chased more than a few times. @bldrinker never said I was faster than a helicopter. RSO actually landed the bird to talk to me and my buddies one time but let us go without a ticket or anything.
Ive had my escapes as a kid riding the hills in south oc late 80s.But today i aint gonna try and run the popo is much more modern in their fleets and radio is fast.The best advice is the popo can make many mistakes chaising you you only gotta make one mistake while running and your caught!

Glamis some try it and they get caught they only need to keep you in sight rangers are on quad ,sxs,bikes,buckshot buggys, in the dunes and ive seen some sitting on top of a dune just looking out last trip asked him if hes just resting he said nope just waiting for a runner if i get a call.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
This shit cracks me up.
Its legal to be homeless and harress people, legal to steal anything under $900, legal to shoot up drugs in public, package thefts are thru the roof, catalytic convertor thefts, people drive like aggressive assholes,

But the real crime is out in the desert… Thats where we gonna focus the limited resources…
Lets go harrass the guy who worked 70 hours a week to buy there kid a dirt bike for Xmas and ruin their day on his first ride..
Your riding a Red Sticker bike in a Green Sticker area.. thats felony you stupid shit. 5 years for you
Yeah… thats a great idea.

I dont miss CA… not at all.
They are going after the ones who will pay the tickets for their revenue generation scheme....cant get blood out of a turnip so they will go after with force those that "can pay." Its not about safety...its revenue generation..and thats all it is.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

I ran for a couple cops in Honda valley back in the early 2000’s. They were on the klx 300’s. I had to ride way over my head to get away. They weren’t rookies. Now they have the Helo’s In there so often it’s not smart.

Reactions: FCT

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Yep.

Why would anyone complain about this??

There are SO many Completely a-holes out tearing shit up, it would be awesome to see them thrown out.

Do you think for a second the idiots are Ever going to police themselves!?!

Not gonna happen!!!

They think the desert is a place to destroy Everything and leave trash all over the place. Fuck that.

Book em Dano. And hang em high.

👍🏼
Same shit happening in Arizona. I give it a few more years, and it all gets regulated, and closed off.

If they can stop private aircraft from fly over/in the Grand Canyon, the dads are #.

😉

FCT

Reaction score
I ran for a couple cops in Honda valley back in the early 2000’s. They were on the klx 300’s. I had to ride way over my head to get away. They weren’t rookies. Now they have the Helo’s In there so often it’s not smart.
Yeah it’s completely different times these days. My original post was more so talking about the good old days. No way you will outrun those guys somewhere like Glamis, Ocotillo, etc. I grew up in Riverside and I used to get so many bikes a year, and I always sold a few bikes to RPD and RSO officers so I knew plenty in case I ever got caught 🤣

EarpRider

Reaction score
My biggest concern with these stops is let's say "if" someone in our group stops for a beer break while out riding, Not trashed, but we all know how it goes, throws the empty's in the back of the car instead of littering, now they are looking at a open container or worse a dui?
We ran into them on the California side of Parker, we were all drinking beer (not drunk), they stopped where we were parked and chatted with us for about 30 minutes. Nice guys, said they were mostly out there to enforce helmet law because Life Flights and night rescues are very expensive.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
i heard recently that if they launch the helicopter to chase your ass in San Bernardino county it’s a 10k bill that gets sent too and you can deal with it in court

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Or how about the times that you get stopped just so they can see your "Friends of Jawbone" map. 😅

You're suppose to carry this map with you and show this to LE that you understand the OHV area and where you can ride.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Thank you
Where are you located, I have a kids snowboard I used on my son when this first came out, think he was 1 1/2-2years old, that you can come grab if you are close to Upland/Fontana.

dribble

Reaction score
OK, since I have been out of California so long, can someone explain to me red sticker? I remember the green stickers but don’t recall red stickers.🤷‍♂️
Back in the early 90's CARB decided that MX bikes polluted too much so they came out with the red sticker. Those bikes can be ridden on public lands between October and May. They can be ridden on closed courses or private land year round and some public lands year round. Green sticker bikes (My KTM 450 XC, the WR Yamahas etc) can be ridden on all public lands and OHV parks year round. The red sticker program is sunset in 2022. In 2025 all Red sticker bikes 2021 and older will be legal year round on all public lands and OHV parks. Bikes that would have gotten a red sticker will only be allowed on closed courses and private property.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Faster than a helicopter huh? That’s impressive!
We were chased a few times by the Helicopter while riding by Magic Mountain. It was stupid. We would all stop somewhere, the helo would land, we'd wait until one of them got out and then off we went. Longest chase we got the helo to land 3 times then it finally flew away. I know guys that did get tickets out there riding since the helo found where their trucks were parked. We rode out of a friends house so they couldn't tell where we came from. Never got chased by a Helo in Riverside County, saw the offroad enforcement team a few times by Lake Matthews and once out by that gun range north east of 15, but they were looking for people shooting illegally that day.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Where are you located, I have a kids snowboard I used on my son when this first came out, think he was 1 1/2-2years old, that you can come grab if you are close to Upland/Fontana.
We are in Eastvale. Had my wife order one of Amazon earlier. Thank you for the offer though.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I saw something like this leaving the coliseum after the Nascar race and asked a cop what percentage of the bikes might be stolen, he answered “100%”. That would be a lot of stolen bikes

9 taken here

7 on this one

Title says 4, I see closer to 10 that leave

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
They can kiss my ass. Protect and serve these nuts
See we can ride on street legally though. I’m off to glamis then get back off to work rest of week be free after for couple days gotta head over to ride. I got new phone number I’ll send to you.

PlanB

Reaction score
They can, at least a good chunk of them. I was working out front of a food bank in Watts a couple years ago and roughly 80% of the cars pulling up getting free food were Mercedes (like AMG and G Wagons) and BMW's
See that shit all the time at food drives here in San Diego. No shame anymore.

Xring01

Reaction score
Obviously my original post was Sarcasm (hopefully at it finest, I can hope)… say post 5 or 6ish of this thread..

Lots of Pros/Cons posts since then, there are lots of you on this thread that I could have quoted, but didnt…

I dont think my sarcasm, truly hits its potential on some of you.
The fact that some of you defend this, Police giving tickets to people who are in the desert having fun, WHILE THERE ARE MASSIVE PROBLEMS THE POLICE ARE IGNORRING…

YEAH… as I have posted many freaking time… STUPID CA VOTERS are getting exactly what they voted for.

Really,,, those of you who live in CA, put a higher priority on policing familys and people enjoying the desert over all the other bullshit that I outlined in my orginal post…
Porch Pirates
Public Luting
Homeless Crisis
Open Air Drugs
Asshole drivers
etc
etc etc etc etc..

YOU DECIDE TO SET YOUR STAKE AT THE DESERT, but don‘t give a rat fuck about issues that are driving 100,000’s of good people out of the CA..

We cant have people riding in a SXS in Barstow or Ocotillo without a helmet. God Help Us if that kinda news hits CNN or CNBC, We must put a stop to that freaking nonsense.. what will our fellow liberals think of of great CA leadership. If Sheriffs cant get this shit under control lets deploy the SWAT teams of National Guard.. we must put an end to it.

Seriously, that your priority… dont give a shit about about anything else than the desert.. Dont care if my kids get to watch a homeless asshole shoot up drugs on the middle of the street while jacking off…

And you wonder why things are going down hill, and your neighbors are moving????????

WTF, WTF????

Your highly paid police depts dont have anything better to do?????

WTF???? IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, You chose Desert over general PUBLIC SAFETY and enforcing the laws of theft, public masturbation, theft, harressment, agressive driving…

PRIORITY’S????????? WTF

AHHH FUCK YOU GUYS ARE CRACKING ME UP… TIME FOR ANOTHER BOURBON>>> Making it double, but which do I choose.

E7CD2824-C789-4322-96C1-ADEFF0E28F6A.jpeg

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Obviously my original post was Sarcasm (hopefully at it finest, I can hope)… say post 5 or 6ish of this thread..

Lots of Pros/Cons posts since then, there are lots of you on this thread that I could have quoted, but didnt…

The fact that some of you defend this, Police giving tickets to people who are in the desert having fun, WHILE THERE ARE MASSIVE PROBLEMS THE POLICE ARE IGNORRING…

YEAH… as I have posted many freaking time… STUPID CA VOTERS are getting exactly what they voted for.

Really,,, those of you who live in CA, put a higher priority on policing familys and people enjoying the desert over all the other bullshit that I outlined in my orginal post…
Porch Pirates
Public Luting
Homeless Crisis
Open Air Drugs
Asshole drivers
etc
etc etc etc etc..

YOU DECIDE TO SET YOUR STAKE AT THE DESERT, but don‘t give a rat fuck about issues that are driving 100,000’s of good people out of the CA..

We cant have people riding in a SXS in Barstow or Ocotillo without a helmet. God Help Us if that kinda news hits CNN or CNBC, We must put a stop to that freaking nonsense.. what will our fellow liberals think of of great CA leadership. If Sheriffs cant get this shit under control lets deploy the SWAT teams of National Guard.. we must put an end to it.

Seriously, that your priority… dont give a shit about about anything else than the desert.. Dont care if my kids get to watch a homeless asshole shoot up drugs on the middle of the street while jacking off…

And you wonder why things are going down hill, and your neighbors are moving????????

WTF, WTF????

WTF???? IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, You chose Desert over general PUBLIC SAFETY and enforcing the laws of theft, public masturbation, theft, harressment, agressive driving…

AHHH FUCK YOU GUYS ARE CRACKING ME UP… TIME FOR ANOTHER BOURBON>>> Making it double, but which do I choose.

View attachment 1184250
I wonder if we supplied all the illegals crossing the border with dirt bikes if they would be stopped and cited for no helmet?😊

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Porch Pirates
Public Luting
Homeless Crisis
Open Air Drugs
Asshole drivers
etc
etc etc etc etc..

WTF, WTF????

PRIORITY’S????????? WTF

View attachment 1184250
Seems like you might have already had a few too many.

Xring01

Reaction score
Seems like you might have already had a few too many.
If you havent figured me out by now, then you may never.

I have a PHD in calling out bullshit, and stupid. I earned that by growing up in Texas, and living in Ca for over 20 year, the only reason I saw CA in the first place was the US NAVY…

If those of you worship CA and worship being surrounded by stupid, and allow thier prioritys to be dictacted by stupid, allow your freedoms to be taken away…

THEN THEY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE… But thats me.. I spent 20 years there and realized that the level of stupid in CA is a cancer that I could not heal. So I chose to do whats best for me and my family. Seeing stupid shit like this.. yeah.. I have zero regrets.

Everyone here has seen me call out stupid many times, this is not my first, second or last.

Its just happens to be what who I am.

PRIORITYs..
Do you want your cops spending there time having maximum impact or minimum impact on society. PRETTY FUCKING SIMPLE TO ME BUTT I AM JUST REDNECK FROM TEXAS…who turned 18 in boot camp… What do I know

Last edited:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
If you havent figured me out by now, then you may never.

I have a PHD in calling out bullshit, and stupid. I earned that by growing up in Texas, and living in Ca for over 20 year, the only reason I saw CA in the first place was the US NAVY…

If those of you worship CA and worship being surrounded by stupid, and allow thier prioritys to be dictacted by stupid, allow your freedoms to be taken away…

THEN THEY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE… But thats me.. I spent 20 years there and realized that the level of stupid in CA is a cancer that I could not heal. So I chose to do whats best for me and my family. Seeing stupid shit like this.. yeah.. I have zero regrets.

Everyone here has seen me call out stupid many times, this is not my first, second or last.

Its just happens to be what who I am.

PRIORITYs..
Do you want your cops spending there time having maximum impact or minimum impact on society. PRETTY FUCKING SIMPLE TO ME BUTT I AM JUST REDNECK FROM TEXAS…who turned 18 in boot camp… What do I know
I think we’re talking 2 different kinds of riders. Anyhoo, all the best.

Xring01

Reaction score
I think we’re talking 2 different kinds of riders. Anyhoo, all the best.
My prior post has nothing to do with riders..

Its about the people on this thread who think the best use of their police officers time is harrassing people in the desert, versus addressing the real crime that happens every few seconds thru out CA…

Prioritys.. fuck with people in desert who may not be wearing a helmet in a SXS, or go after real criminals, stealing, looting etc etc, as I have outline several times….

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
My prior post has nothing to do with riders..

Its about the people on this thread who think the best use of their police officers time is harrassing people in the desert, versus addressing the real crime that happens every few seconds thru out CA…

Prioritys.. fuck with people in desert who may not be wearing a helmet in a SXS, or go after real criminals, stealing, looting etc etc, as I have outline several times….
See, that’s just it. Going after people not wearing a helmets, I really don’t care. Getting people that think my neighborhood is a recreational area, well that’s a quality of life thing for me. And I’m all about spending tax dollars on that. It’s kind of like getting hookers out of your neighborhood, Are they really a big deal? I mean the part about people getting sex in exchange for money. Probably not, but having hoes turning tricks just outside my house probably doesn’t do much for property values. Neither does some guy running up and down my street in a side-by-side because he can’t afford to trailer that thing to an actual OHV area.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
See we can ride on street legally though. I’m off to glamis then get back off to work rest of week be free after for couple days gotta head over to ride. I got new phone number I’ll send to you.
Lots of rain in the forecast dirt should be primo

hallett21

Reaction score
Why are the ones who leave CA banging the F CA drum the loudest lol.

Taboma

Reaction score
Why are the ones who leave CA banging the F CA drum the loudest lol.
Pounding their puff-out chests, just sounds like a cheap drum ;)
Now if only more like them would leave, we could get back to making CA great again, like before their parents immigrated here. 😁
Hopefully they're sharing their awesomeness, "Hi, I'm from California and I have all the answers to the problems you don't even know you have yet", insight and intellect. 🥴

Taboma

Reaction score
I like when they say people in Ca are stupid, I’ve found stupid people in every state I’ve visited even Az and Tx.
The irony is they think they sound smart while they're expounding their profound opinions. Meanwhile we're thanking them for taking their arrogant ignorance elsewhere. 👍

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Any of you guys following the Forest Service/Stewards of the Sequoias saga? I've known Chris H. for years, it's a sad glimpse into the future.

Xring01

Reaction score
See, that’s just it. Going after people not wearing a helmets, I really don’t care. Getting people that think my neighborhood is a recreational area, well that’s a quality of life thing for me. And I’m all about spending tax dollars on that. It’s kind of like getting hookers out of your neighborhood, Are they really a big deal? I mean the part about people getting sex in exchange for money. Probably not, but having hoes turning tricks just outside my house probably doesn’t do much for property values. Neither does some guy running up and down my street in a side-by-side because he can’t afford to trailer that thing to an actual OHV area.

Knowing there are very limited police resources, and 95% of all Police depts are understaffed, some are 50% understaffed,
So on your CA Police Priority Scale.. The best use of their time.

You think the higher priority is someone driving a SXS on a local road, near or two the desert…
Not porch pirates, cat converter thefts, smash and steals, open drug selling/use…

I would venture to say, most tax payers in CA would prefer the opposite of this, and bet their priority would be after we eliminate the real crime first, once we get that under control… sure we can start looking into the smaller scale issues.

Wasting Officers time on petty shit, when there are far worse things going on????

BTW.. Where I live, I can drive my SXS to golf course, Ace Hardware, Grocery store all legally, And without a helmet. Hell I could take it 450 plus miles thru the desert to Vegas, endless trails here. My greatest concern is fuel management. Sometimes I have to drive over to Yerington or Gardnerville to a gas station to get enough gas to get me home.

Last edited:

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Knowing there are very limited police resources, and 95% of all Police depts are understaffed, some are 50% understaffed,

You think the higher priority is someone driving a SXS on a local road, near or two the desert…
Not porch pirates, cat converter thefts, smash and steals, open drug selling/use…

I would venture to say, most tax payers in CA would prefer the opposite of this, and bet their priority would be after we eliminate the real crime first, once we get that under control… sure we can start looking into the smaller scale issues.

Wasting Officers time on petty shit, when there are far worse things going on????

BTW.. Where I live, I can drive my SXS to golf course, Ace Hardware, Grocery store all legally, And without a helmet. Hell I could take it 450 plus miles thru the desert to Vegas, endless trails here. My greatest concern is fuel management. Sometimes I have to drive over to Yerington or Gardnerville to a gas station to get enough gas to get me home.
It's not "either or" they can do both at the same time. To think that they can't is just wrong headed.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this, it’s just best to not have trail beers. should something occur the legal outcome is substantially different when you have alcohol in your system, aswell from my own experiences I seem to be a bit more "abrasive" with my equipment with an extra road coke or two onboard 😂

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

So you're saying that until ALL major crimes are solved, ALL resources should be directed at the largest crimes and none to quality of life issues until ALL major crimes have ceased? We'll have to agree to disagree and I'm good with that. That said, your prime rib post made me a hero on Christmas. I did it up on the Weber just as you said with my own variety of spices. Cheers!

Taboma

Reaction score
So you're saying that until ALL major crimes are solved, ALL resources should be directed at the largest crimes and none to quality of life issues until ALL major crimes have ceased? We'll have to agree to disagree and I'm good with that. That said, your prime rib post made me a hero on Christmas. I did it up on the Weber just as you said with my own variety of spices. Cheers!
It's not like you high desert folks pay taxes or anything, yet you expect representation ? 😒

You're first sentence says it all, and seems to be a frequently pointed out consensus of many RDPers.
If you can't fix it all, what's the point in striving to fix anything ?
I believe that's a frequently heard excuse when one is receiving a speed ticket. "Why'd you pull me over, I was just following all these other people who are also speeding, yet you didn't pull them over ?"

For your sake, I hope the increased presence of this combined task force sends a message that if you don't play by the rules, show some respect for the community and environment by behaving responsibly, your offroad recreational days are numbered.

Where our Arizona ranch is located, our problem is a total disregard of private property and our area roads by hunters.
Those same hunters that profess as a group to be good stewards of the land, as they argue we have no right to ask them to leave, then cut our gate locks and toss their empty beer cans along our privately maintained roads.

This is all the result of to many stupid people, doing to many selfish and stupid things and they'll all feign denial, cuz nobody done nutin.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
The big question is…how does the SB Sheriffs feel about salad dressing? Am I cool to carry the glass bottle or should I roll with the packet?

FC43F418-8A9D-416F-906B-CC59D6E96CF2.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I think the biggest takeaway is the overall change in policing. It’s gone from “protect and serve” to “point out and monitor from a distance”. Actually putting themselves into a position of fighting crime has been legislated out of many a department, not to mention many an officer would prefer to go home to their families and not be another funeral statistic.

So until you put the police force back on the footing of fighting crime (with budgets and equipment and personnel to match up what they are up against) it’s a lost cause at this point. BLM and Antifa and all that other BS is just icing on that current status cake.

So they go off and do easy wins where they aren’t likely to get sued or shot at (or killed).

Some day the pendulum will swing back but personally I feel that is at least a decade away before things change.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Since I live where this crackdown is happening let me offer my .2cents.

I’m glad they are doing.
Sorry but we get a massive amount of douche bags from down the hill that come up to the “Shity” desert and litter, burn pallets and beer bottles. Drive drunk as fuck and ruin it for the rest of us.

Play by the rules and you have nothing to worry about. Funny how that works.
Man, I have to agree.
We used to ride out of Stoddard Wells, among many other places, back in the 90's/00's, I hadn't been in years... decided to do a quick day trip with my boys and buddies this year. WHAT A SHIT HOLE that place turned into, felt like i was in Mexico, huge piles of trash everywhere. Not 1 single helmet on anyone bike or SxS, A-holes riding through our camp at speed and fucking DBags shooting right off the road into trails. They need to patrol that area! You have to drive further and further into the desert every year to get away from these newbs. Can't do quick day trips anymore like you could 20 yrs ago in the high desert.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Man, I have to agree.
We used to ride out of Stoddard Wells, among many other places, back in the 90's/00's, I hadn't been in years... decided to do a quick day trip with my boys and buddies this year. WHAT A SHIT HOLE that place turned into, felt like i was in Mexico, huge piles of trash everywhere. Not 1 single helmet on anyone bike or SxS, A-holes riding through our camp at speed and fucking DBags shooting right off the road into trails. They need to patrol that area! You have to drive further and further into the desert every year to get away from these newbs. Can't do quick day trips anymore like you could 20 yrs ago in the high desert.
Go to calico next time we just went and there was zero of this going on!!