WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SBA loan fraud

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Received a letter from the SBA addressed to my wife with payment instructions. We have never applied for an SBA loan and when we contacted them, they had already distributed the money.

Going through all of her credit reports and there has been nothing reported. The only credit we recently applied for was to buy a car in my wife’s name for our daughter a few months ago.

Fun times...not sure how to prevent this if it doesn’t show up on any credit reports.

We are reporting this fraud to credit agencies and to the SBA now.

Ideas?

Singleton

Reaction score
My wife’s credit got highjacked at the car dealership. Was a complete PIA to resolve.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
I called all three agencies and froze mine.Ill open it when I need to.

Had to do the same this week. Received a letter from EDD Someone was trying to collect unemployment benefits with my info. Luckily I’m self employed and the letter came to the business to verify employment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
It might not be tied to personal credit. Call fun and Bradstreet and see if they show the loan against the business.

fmo24

Reaction score
Is it really SBA or a scam from outside. No trace on credit reports would indicate someone is just trying to get a payout from her ??

wet hull

Reaction score
Had to do the same this week. Received a letter from EDD Someone was trying to collect unemployment benefits with my info. Luckily I’m self employed and the letter came to the business to verify employment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Same here

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Is it really SBA or a scam from outside. No trace on credit reports would indicate someone is just trying to get a payout from her ??

Yeah sounds like a new version of the phone call from the IRS

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like a new version of the phone call from the IRS

They advised us to file a police report. We have reported to all 3 credit agencies and will be filing a police report tomorrow.

I will check in to the scam possibility however.

Thanks!

Edit

Just checked with the wife and she went to the SBA web site and filed a report with the Inspector General. They were able to reference the loan information with the account number on the letter we received.

Doesn’t appear to be scam.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Business loans don't always show. Not sure about SBA though.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Popo dropping off paperwork to my wife a little while ago.

6E6E1AA5-DF25-499E-8C73-1E038B024BC6.jpeg