WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SCE Rate Increase Coming!

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Why is SCE requesting this rate increase?

SCE delivers your electricity. Every four years, SCE must file what is known as a “General Rate Case” (GRC) application with the CPUC. GRCs set rates that customers pay to fund SCE’s day-to-day operations, including maintenance for its equipment and electricity grid upgrades. The purpose of this GRC is for SCE to cover its anticipated costs from 2021 through 2024 for its employees to inspect, repair, and, when appropriate, upgrade poles, transformers and distribution lines. This includes reducing wildfire risk and upkeeping the safety of the grid.

How could this affect my monthly bill? If SCE’s rate request is approved by the CPUC, the average residential monthly bill would increase by approximately $14 in 2021, $4 in 2022 and $6 in 2023. The impacts will be less for lower-income residential customers enrolled in the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program: $9.50 in 2021, $3 in 2022, and $4 in 2023.

Looks like my Palomar installed solar will be paid off sooner!

TCHB

Reaction score
I would help put the rate case together for generation. I think the rate of electricity paid by the customers should be the same. Now Inland Empire pays less than someone on the coast because the base rate is much larger.
Yes go Solar.

sixdays

La Flama Blanca
Reaction score
Palomar Solar has their finger on the pulse. He was ahead of the curve when he told me that SCE was well below market rates for SDGE and PG&E. This just confirms going solar sooner than later pays divedends, especially when you consider the 20yr rate lock tag SCE offers with solar.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I would help put the rate case together for generation. I think the rate of electricity paid by the customers should be the same. Now Inland Empire pays less than someone on the coast because the base rate is much larger.
Yes go Solar.

But inland there are larger temp swings and Coastal temps are more moderate.

I was in Temecula 20 years complaining to the pUC that I was always double over my baseline allowance. They had us in climate zone 1, same as the beach if I recall.

it’s all about getting in your pocket to make up for lost biz on new solar customers.

TCHB

Reaction score
I always wanted it to be a straight $KWh. Everyone pays the same. If you choose to live in the warmer areas it is everyone’s choice but they should not get a break. AZ does it right.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Why is SCE requesting this rate increase?

SCE delivers your electricity. Every four years, SCE must file what is known as a “General Rate Case” (GRC) application with the CPUC. GRCs set rates that customers pay to fund SCE’s day-to-day operations, including maintenance for its equipment and electricity grid upgrades. The purpose of this GRC is for SCE to cover its anticipated costs from 2021 through 2024 for its employees to inspect, repair, and, when appropriate, upgrade poles, transformers and distribution lines. This includes reducing wildfire risk and upkeeping the safety of the grid.

How could this affect my monthly bill? If SCE’s rate request is approved by the CPUC, the average residential monthly bill would increase by approximately $14 in 2021, $4 in 2022 and $6 in 2023. The impacts will be less for lower-income residential customers enrolled in the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program: $9.50 in 2021, $3 in 2022, and $4 in 2023.

Looks like my Palomar installed solar will be paid off sooner!

I love how these utilities sugar coat their GRC increases by stating average residential bill would increase $14 In 2021. BS! Only the Miser’s who currently have a $100 month power bill will see $14 Increase. With The residential rate going up 14.4% in 2021 the rest of you will be looking at no less than $50 minimum monthly increase before the next GRC in 3 years. But it could be worse, just ask us PG&E customers.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
if u live in cali u should buy solar.. buy it out right own the system..
our bill total for the last 4yrs is under $250 total.. its paying for its self having it and we have the credit for un-used power going back in the system every year..
im sure they will try and get rid of that program...
u can still get a credit back on federal taxes...
when we sell the new buyers are going to pay for it our we are taking off and install on new out of state house..