WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Schedule of Regattas coming up?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This weekend is Halletts in Havasu and Nordic fb groups..

Anyone know all the other ones coming up and dates?

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score

Eliminator Boats Oct 22-23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
We are doing a Shockwave Owners Fun Run on Saturday 9/25 up to Pirates.

The Havasu / Parker crews will be meeting at the Windsor Buoy line between 9 - 9:15am and we will all depart at 9:30am for the run up. Plan is to beach on the opposite side of the restaurant and just chill for the day.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Shockwave 9/25, run to Pirates and Dennis from UCRC also has a Poker run.

\
uppr.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
first I’m hearing if that! I will be there…. I need to get back into that club at some point in the near future.
Damn I forgot you sold yours till just now.

should have passed on the speed cars and kept the schiada

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Howard Boat Owners Meet Up
Possibly Oct 1-2.
I will post once this is for sure, hopefully will know by tomorrow.

Just an FYI that's the same weekend as Monster Storm in Havasu. Also my bday weekend and I won't be in town (I don't think).. not that the bday should matter on your regatta scheduling.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Owner of large boating website asking for list of boating events - you think he would tell us vs. everyone telling him the events :)

Well it used to be the manufacturers would put on regattas, and there was a couple of people that put on large events.

Now virtually every mfg fb group is putting on something damn near every weekend with zero mfg involvement.. It's kinda hard to keep track of them all. For example this weekend is both Hallett and Nordic, and the mfg isn't part of either.

RD

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score

Conquest Nota Regatta is this weekend as well.
Saturday at Sand Bar, Sunday at 3 dunes.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Well it used to be the manufacturers would put on regattas, and there was a couple of people that put on large events.

Now virtually every mfg fb group is putting on something damn near every weekend with zero mfg involvement.. It's kinda hard to keep track of them all. For example this weekend is both Hallett and Nordic, and the mfg isn't part of either.

RD

and Conquest this weekend….

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
1st-3rd airshow weekend. New center console class not many boats yet
Ohhhhh... the airshow! Love that event, thanks for clarifying.... man do I get beatup returning though.... everybody leaves at once in a stampede so I tried heading out about 5 miles in my 30' Magic Wizard last time .... still tough navigating as everyone funnels into harbor mouth simultaneously. Gonna start search now to beg a buddy with bigger boat. Key'll be to leave early or stay late.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Ohhhhh... the airshow! Love that event, thanks for clarifying.... man do I get beatup returning though.... everybody leaves at once in a stampede so I tried heading out about 5 miles in my 30' Magic Wizard last time .... still tough navigating as everyone funnels into harbor mouth simultaneously. Gonna start search now to beg a buddy with bigger boat. Key'll be to leave early or stay late.
Check apba web site.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

RD

Off topic but it would be nice to see advantage do something..ive brought it up but seems there is no interest from them regarding it.

Agreed now that pretty much every weekend is something though..gotta pick and choose. IT would be cool to get a calendar on here for that stuff.

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score
When is the rdp regatta? Hoping maybe early November so I’ll have my boat back after the 2nd new motor 😂😂.

JFMFG

Reaction score
We are going to do one in spring and in fall next year.
Sounds great. I should be good for fall. Spring will be questionable with the new baby due in February.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score

RD
Why do you think that’s is that the manufacturers aren’t involved? You think they would want to be involved in some way or another with its brand.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Howard Meet Up
Oct 8-9
Lake Havasu
Details to follow shortly

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why do you think that’s is that the manufacturers aren’t involved? You think they would want to be involved in some way or another with its brand.

Most are so busy building boats they don’t care to be involved. Arguments could be made that they don’t have time, don’t want the liability.. Perhaps don’t want the negative optics of the event comes off “less than”.

The reality of it is though damn near everyone of these events the manufacturers themselves are not involved at all. No sponsorship, no presence, no support, no nothing.. most of them from what I can father are enthusiasts that took it upon themselves. (with the exception of HIH I see this going badly in the future btw).

For me we have sponsored just about all of them in some fashion or another.. I am not related to any of them though.

I can’t say I blame them… If someone wanted to put on an rdp regatta and I didn’t have control of it I would say have fun, but I’d keep my distance as well.

To my knowledge the only two west coast manufacturers that are putting on any kind of event that has factory involvement are Eliminator & DCB.

Singleton

Reaction score

RD

If we can’t give you a hard time about certain things, the fun is gone :)
Might be a good idea to have your social media team member join all manufacture’s related social media pages to keep up with these events.

Singleton

Reaction score

I can only speak to when JW owned Ultra. The time commitment from an already lean staff was hard to manage, then you add on the liability and it became a huge expense for most manufactures.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was speaking with RD about this the other day. What I didnt know is that if you dont have a designated start time and location and end time for the events you can get around the insurance and permit process. These "regattas" are now more loosely formed with more of a meet us up at pirates, come and go at your leisure approach to use that loophole. When you see formal announcements with dates and times of on water events as part of the schedule then they likely have to get permits and insurance.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Any dates for the Sundance Outlaw Nationals?

highlimit9000

Reaction score
Swing by the party!

Attachments

• 80F5C570-ED6B-4478-8F03-8AA8F00A6607.jpeg
    80F5C570-ED6B-4478-8F03-8AA8F00A6607.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 65