WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Schiada 20' redoing the floors in Balsa and re rigging it

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Here's a a couple pics of the other style for surface mount. It's 2" tall in the middle. Then gets plates in a similar manner as the above pic that attaches to the stringer. The center piece is bedded with epoxy putty the drilled upward from the bottom of the boat for the strut bolts. There is a stainless cover plate silicon on bolts and cover plate to keep it sealed. 4 holes on each end to attach plates to. Groove in the middle for water to drain through. This one still needs polish and anodize. View attachment 463885 View attachment 463886

Can you make me one of those?

vdcruiser

Reaction score
This is how I braced the external mount strut on my 21 Howard. Bergeron also recommended and made the strut for me. Brace is made of .375" alum plate.
100_2175.jpg

Reaction score
Ya, I'd be happy to make one for that awesome looking hull. I'll shoot you a pm

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Looks great, Bill and crew did a nice job congrats on the new interior. You gotta be getting pretty close to having this ride done :thumbsup

Bill was great to work with.
I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for this thing to get done. Lol

Reaction score
Great set of seats. Bill made mine also and does excellent work

milkmoney

Reaction score
Looking good. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Being friends with joker made me ? U, [emoji12].
After watching ur build thread , I really don't like you. [emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

Backlash

Reaction score
Seats turned out beautiful!! Did he start with fiberglass shells or build from scratch using wood frames??

Andy01

Reaction score
Dave it's looking good, looking forward to checking it out in Havasu. I would love to do a 20 project, seems like it would be a fun addition to the other stuff we do and run in Havasu. I can insure this as well whenever your ready. I'll need a ride when its done........ I'll bring the beer..... err I mean ice water :D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Dave it's looking good, looking forward to checking it out in Havasu. I would love to do a 20 project, seems like it would be a fun addition to the other stuff we do and run in Havasu. I can insure this as well whenever your ready. I'll need a ride when its done........ I'll bring the beer..... err I mean ice water :D

Thanks Andy. I can't wait till this is done. I hope it's done for desert storm but I'm not holding my breath.
That's great news you can insure it.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Not much of a update but the struts in and V drive & turn fin & plates & prop shaft so the trailer can get its final mockup.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458893785.419692.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458893800.008869.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458893814.315922.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458893824.938199.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458893834.792822.jpg

lenmann

Reaction score
Very nice! Who is building your trailer?

lenmann

Reaction score
Duh, never understood. I just saw the Baer logo on the wall.

Great progress, and it's looking great!

Sawtooth

Thanks for everything Dad
Reaction score
Trailer is looking good, was it not for a v drive boat before. Are they going to beef up those cross supports that they cut the V into, looks like the trailer would just fold in half if it hit a bump like it is.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Trailer is looking good, was it not for a v drive boat before. Are they going to beef up those cross supports that they cut the V into, looks like the trailer would just fold in half if it hit a bump like it is.

No it was made for a v drive but we didn't have the running gear in till just last week. So we notched the cross supports and then finished it off with 1/2" plate over the notch. It's not going anywhere.

Backlash

Reaction score
Man its coming together and looking good!! I don't know if you've announced it yet, but what color will your trailer be?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
So the plate is done and fenders should be here tomorrow or Monday.
Image1460062310.327012.jpg
Image1460062327.879206.jpg
This pic is an optional illusion. The rails are straight.
Image1460062341.136570.jpg
Center section will be wood with carpet.

thetub

Reaction score

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
To slippery. I've been trying to come up with something but I keep coming back to carpet.

thetub

Reaction score
I was wanting to do the inner fender wells somehow too... Less shit to change from water rot...

Backlash

Reaction score
This is turning out SUPER-NICE!! Thank you for posting the update pictures. The carpet will look good down the center but you will still have a little wood to worry about down the road. Nothing serious though.

You could always consider something like Starboard or Coosa board instead of using plywood underneath the carpet. Both of those would work and last a lot longer than ply. I've heard the Starboard doesn't do well with staples but haven't had any personal experience. You could also so some long pieces of billet and put the rubber inserts in it like the swim steps by Dana. It would be hella expensive but you're not worried about that! :D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
This is turning out SUPER-NICE!! Thank you for posting the update pictures. The carpet will look good down the center but you will still have a little wood to worry about down the road. Nothing serious though.

You could always consider something like Starboard or Coosa board instead of using plywood underneath the carpet. Both of those would work and last a lot longer than ply. I've heard the Starboard doesn't do well with staples but haven't had any personal experience. You could also so some long pieces of billet and put the rubber inserts in it like the swim steps by Dana. It would be hella expensive but you're not worried about that! :D

Thank you. I might line-x the wood then rap it with carpet. I thought about some type of billet or something but I hate polishing my motor so I'm really gonna hate polishing the trailer. Lol

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
You're trailer looks great. I look at it everytime I am up at Bear. IF you go with plywood and carpet you might consider using "skate-paint". It's a one part epoxy type finish that is absolutely bullet proof. I have Vic treating all my trailer wood with that for the bunks and guide-ons. My dad is re-doing his inserts right now for his Hallett 240 and painting the marine-ply with the same stuff before he carpets them. I could get a gallon up to Vics for you, just say the word. It runs $60 a gallon but is a lot cheaper than line-x and way stronger than any lacquer you could use and may be stronger than line-x.

The real story behind this stuff is I used to cut parts on my CNC for my buddy's skateboard ramp company, OC Ramps. Well, all the ramps go outside and so he has a company that makes this "paint" specifically for his plywood outdoor Ramps. It comes in a few color options I believe but I usually just use it for a sealant and so I always get clear.

Vic has a couple gallons up there for my stuff if you want to check it out. If there's left over, you're welcome to it.

Good luck with the rest of your build.....:thumbsup

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
You're trailer looks great. I look at it everytime I am up at Bear. IF you go with plywood and carpet you might consider using "skate-paint". It's a one part epoxy type finish that is absolutely bullet proof. I have Vic treating all my trailer wood with that for the bunks and guide-ons. My dad is re-doing his inserts right now for his Hallett 240 and painting the marine-ply with the same stuff before he carpets them. I could get a gallon up to Vics for you, just say the word. It runs $60 a gallon but is a lot cheaper than line-x and way stronger than any lacquer you could use and may be stronger than line-x.

The real story behind this stuff is I used to cut parts on my CNC for my buddy's skateboard ramp company, OC Ramps. Well, all the ramps go outside and so he has a company that makes this "paint" specifically for his plywood outdoor Ramps. It comes in a few color options I believe but I usually just use it for a sealant and so I always get clear.

Vic has a couple gallons up there for my stuff if you want to check it out. If there's left over, you're welcome to it.

Good luck with the rest of your build.....:thumbsup

Thank you very much. I will stop in there tomorrow to talk to Vic about that stuff.

Backlash

Reaction score
OK Mr. Moneybags Motivation, post up some pics for the rest of us slackers!

:D

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
OK Mr. Moneybags Motivation, post up some pics for the rest of us slackers!

:D

Lol more like empty bag!! [emoji57] nothing to update due to DS. My buddy has been getting 3-4 boats rigged for it.

707dog

Reaction score
damn PD went thru this whole thread what a bitchin project you have going on, that blue and color layout is perfect cant wait to the the finish trailer and rigger water rocket:thumbsup:thumbsup

Sawtooth

Reaction score
Atta boy :thumbsup, please keep the pictures coming even though I will ruin my key board from drooling on it.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
? why not put metal plates instead of carpet in the center section?

was wanting to do this myself also. came out awesome:thumbup:

So I think I'm gonna do seadeck/gator step on the catwalk. I will have the Schiada name and the seahorse logo on it. Here's what it looks like.
Image1465445874.841395.jpg

Sawtooth

Reaction score
That would look really cool in a two tone, gray with blue inset horsey's :). Is this stuff rubber or neoprene or nylon or......... I have never seen it in person and am just curious. Would be cool on the trailer steps also. Is it expensive, oh wait its for a boat of course it is, what was I thinking!