WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Schiada motor almost done!

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
He is probably to busy working on it. I know he was trying to have it done for my b-day weekend.

I talked to ross at designer marine(LC) and he was trying to have it done by thurs. but its not lookin to good. He says its lookin more like sat, which means i'll already be at the river! I'm having the new hatch made, so im sure thats why its taking longer than we thought. The good news is i'll still be at the river for RB'S b-day! :beer And I should have the boat done by the next weekend.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I talked to ross at designer marine(LC) and he was trying to have it done by thurs. but its not lookin to good. He says its lookin more like sat, which means i'll already be at the river! I'm having the new hatch made, so im sure thats why its taking longer than we thought. The good news is i'll still be at the river for RB'S b-day! :beer And I should have the boat done by the next weekend.

It never works out the way you want it to. But it will be done right so what's one more weekend?

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Tell Ross to hurry the hell up.:) Nice work doing the hatch, you'll like it...:D

its definetely more practical with a hatch, but damn I hate covering all that money I spent!

It always is. I know I would kill right now to have mine done as well.

Especially with all of this bad ass river weather as of lately. Im sure going to the races in parker this weekend are not going to help me out, watching all those boats hotrod around the river!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

And the great news is...without you having your boat there you can :beer:beer:beer more
________
VAPOLUTION VAPORIZER

Last edited:

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the new hatch, and a shot at the new dash and gauge layout w/ billet switch panel.
SchiadaHatch5.jpg

SchiadaHatch3.jpg

SchiadaHatch2.jpg

SchiadaHatch.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the new hatch, and a shot at the new dash and gauge layout w/ billet switch panel.
SchiadaHatch5.jpg

SchiadaHatch3.jpg

SchiadaHatch2.jpg

SchiadaHatch.jpg

Looks Sweet Mark!!! Are you worried about lack of airflow to the motor at all? (possibly costing you HP?) Or can air go in through the sides of the pedestal for the back seat? If it's just those eyelits on the hatch, where does the blower vent out too?

RD

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
Looks Sweet Mark!!! Are you worried about lack of airflow to the motor at all? (possibly costing you HP?) Or can air go in through the sides of the pedestal for the back seat? If it's just those eyelits on the hatch, where does the blower vent out too?

RD

I think it will get plenty of air with just those eyebrows in the hatch. The blower vents out of the billet vent in front of the gas fill on the side of the boat.

D

Deleted Account

what else can I do? There is not a whole lot of options. its gonna be fine!

You'll do great with that. You get a bit more power with the hatch off but I doubt you'll be running around above 5K all day long... Jeff's Schiada pulled harder with the hatch off but his ran fine with that setup.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score

I think you'll be fine, the SR22 runs pretty dame good and would draw a lot more air than your motor and it has no openings in the hatch at all.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
You'll do great with that. You get a bit more power with the hatch off but I doubt you'll be running around above 5K all day long... Jeff's Schiada pulled harder with the hatch off but his ran fine with that setup.

Did I tell you I met the new owner of Jeff's boat over at Carons last week. The motor is all in pieces, he's putting on larger turbos and had to have a few parts made.

Mondorally

Reaction score
Jeff's Schiada pulled harder with the hatch off but his ran fine with that setup.

Any chance that is psychological? I'm sure you can hear more goin' on with the hatch off. Just wondering out loud. I know with my two motorcycles - the loud one seems faster...... but probably isn't!

-Justin

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think it will get plenty of air with just those eyebrows in the hatch. The blower vents out of the billet vent in front of the gas fill on the side of the boat.

I'd look to the rear seat for air.. Under the rear seat, or to the sides of the pedestal for the rear seat? Or perhaps something so simple as some billet vents in the pedestal on the front, and in the engine bay on the back. If you actually want to know is it's enough air or not, with some basic measurements I can find out for you.

All I need to know is the displacement of the motor.. Boost your running at approxmately what RPM and the opening sizes of the eyelits..

I think you'll be fine, the SR22 runs pretty dame good and would draw a lot more air than your motor and it has no openings in the hatch at all.

There was attention taken to that interior to allow as much air as possible to enter the engine bay, and it's still not enough. (Still runs harder with the hatch off)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any chance that is psychological? I'm sure you can hear more goin' on with the hatch off. Just wondering out loud. I know with my two motorcycles - the loud one seems faster...... but probably isn't!

-Justin

Not just psychological.. Just simple math, and very simple tests..

The most simplest of tests would be to put a couple of sensitive vacuum guages in the engine bay, and around the intakes of the turbo's.. If their pulling vacuum at all, then you can pick up some free HP, and faster spool times just by allowing it to breath better.

Math ;)
All I need to know is the displacement of the motor.. Boost your running at approxmately what RPM and the opening sizes of the eyelits..

D

Deleted Account

-Justin

Absolutely. Anytime I run anybody else's turbo boat I'm just about as happy as I can get:D:D Gotta love those hairdryers...

Built a hatch over my old V drive Hallet with turbos and couldn't tell the diff but this is a better motor package....

D

Deleted Account

The most simplest of tests would be to put a couple of sensitive vacuum guages in the engine bay, and around the intakes of the turbo's.. If their pulling vacuum at all, then you can pick up some free HP, and faster spool times just by allowing it to breath better.

Math ;)

We could mess with him and tell him to face the scoops forward for better HP, Like the K boat guys...:D:D

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
There was attention taken to that interior to allow as much air as possible to enter the engine bay, and it's still not enough. (Still runs harder with the hatch off)

RD

There are no openings in the SR22. it's as tight as a drum. I talked to Carson when he rode in it without the hatch it was at 110 at 5400. with full interior it was 110 at 5700. I honestly think thats Mark's will be fine. But that's ust my .02

Mondorally

Reaction score

Math ;)

I think what you're saying is if the turbos are sucking the engine bay dry......... cut a bigger hole?

As a finance major I do dig the math. I once compared the total area of all the holes on my Rex mufflers - probably 40 0.5" holes versus a straight 4" to see if it was choking it up or not.....

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Absolutely. Anytime I run anybody else's turbo boat I'm just about as happy as I can get:D:D Gotta love those hairdryers...

Built a hatch over my old V drive Hallet with turbos and couldn't tell the diff but this is a better motor package....

Thats why mine is getting no interior :thumbsup :D

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Polishing Queen...:D

Who you callin a queen?

I'll have to hire a queen. Gene Welter had a guy that use to come over and clean the whole thing up for like $125 i'll do it most of the time but the times you may have had a little too much...i'll keep that number close :D

D

Deleted Account

Who you callin a queen?

I'll have to hire a queen. Gene Welter had a guy that use to come over and clean the whole thing up for like $125 i'll do it most of the time but the times you may have had a little too much...i'll keep that number close :D

You still working Lyncho?:D

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 315

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure to get a lot of those this summer:smackhead

Just kidding my love! (she occasionally checks the boards:D)

You have to be able to get at least one in...especially the one you throw together at the last min :D

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
I'd look to the rear seat for air.. Under the rear seat, or to the sides of the pedestal for the rear seat? Or perhaps something so simple as some billet vents in the pedestal on the front, and in the engine bay on the back. If you actually want to know is it's enough air or not, with some basic measurements I can find out for you.

RD

Actually, now that I think about it...the seat base under the back seat doesnt go all the way across, so air will go in on each side.

D

Deleted Account

Actually, now that I think about it...the seat base under the back seat doesnt go all the way across, so air will go in on each side.

Put some vents in the rear carling to help it through...:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There are no openings in the SR22. it's as tight as a drum. I talked to Carson when he rode in it without the hatch it was at 110 at 5400. with full interior it was 110 at 5700. I honestly think thats Mark's will be fine. But that's ust my .02

I've never seen the boat in person, but just read what the guys that built it wrote.. :hmm

Originally Posted by Racey
...When i built the hatch and upholstery i tried to make as much breathing room for the engine as possible but you definitely feel the difference between running with the hatch on and off, i'm guessing it's a good 100hp difference.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It will most likely be fine then.. ;)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So having the hatch on or off the boat, effects the aerodynamics enough to affect the prop slip on the boat?

RD

D

Deleted Account

Did I tell you I met the new owner of Jeff's boat over at Carons last week. The motor is all in pieces, he's putting on larger turbos and had to have a few parts made.

Jeff got the motor hot and he had a guy down in Canyon Lake go through the motor. The last build wasn't Carson...

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
So having the hatch on or off the boat, effects the aerodynamics enough to affect the prop slip on the boat?

RD

I'm sure it affects aerodynamics but not sure if it would to affect prop slip. I believe you are supposed to figure about 10% slip for a v drive.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well if your running the same speed and 2 different RPM's then that's different prop slips? The extra drag might be due to weight, or decreased aerodynamics, but ultimately is comes back to a slip factor?

RD