WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Schiada regatta pics!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Temecula speed and marine.. I jist heard about Tucson inboards or something like that in the hot boat pirate thread..

Dave down in Carlsbad

I’m sure there’s more

sintax

Reaction score
How many folks are still doing V drive setups. I wouldn't think it could be more then 10 world wide.

Schiada, Teague, Boostpower, Connelly, Bergeron, Mike King, ???

Just depends on what you're looking at doing.

Theres also Fantasy, and Concept Marine (John's gone now, and Al is running the show. He only wants to do that kind of work in the offseason now), I dont know if Wilkes is around anymore, last time i was in his shop it was kind of a ghost town and he didnt seem super interested in taking on projects.

theres also a couple members on here **cough** @Racey @Clank123 have the skills as well.

see way more than 10!

lenmann

Reaction score
How about Tom Peterson in Havasu? Probably best known for jet boats but hard to overlook the amazing work in the Dahlberg and Coin Toss Hallet Vectors. I am sure there are more, but these two stopped me in my tracks at a Needles show back in 2017.

32DFC6B1-755A-4E31-A725-AA1E00192848.jpeg
6E9E6DE9-E5E1-49C3-B00A-60441D38AAA7.jpeg
E85EA966-D7CE-4CF6-B443-8C3555158255.jpeg
0FCE2993-661C-457C-9EC5-0BEB3F8FC946.jpeg

5FAB77CE-1B85-43A7-8DF2-7F7AF7F19F63.jpeg

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Yes I still have both boats. The 10' needs to come home for some TLC before another outing. The daytona is in pieces at the moment. Time is a rare commodity these days.

My buddy bought that grey 20' RC with the twin blower deal. Currently giving it a face lift from bow eye to transom... boat was in really bad shape. Should be done this winter.
Is that the white 20 with the 4 racetech buckets?

AZLineman

Reaction score
There was a red v drive vector at the lower sandbar a coup days before the 4th that sure caught my eye. Super nice.

sintax

Reaction score
Yea it def looked good in the pics. Soon as I saw it I wanted to go all white with black buckets. I was ready to grab those seats from Paul if he put a conventional interior in it to sell it

I can’t really get off on the rear buckets. I think I just like the conventional rear bench.

MAXIMUS

Reaction score
This one? It sure looked nice in the pics

View attachment 1057212

Yep, thats the one. Lots of minor issues. Hole in the bottom, bent cav plates, motor was a basket case, steering cable clamped in place at the quadrant with a stainless steel bent washer. We took the boat apart, had Rankin flip it and fix the blast plate pocket & install a drop through turn fin. Currently making new cav plates, water pick ups, reconfiguring the down pedal geometry, new traditional seats, complete motor rebuild, reconfiguring the fuel lines, cleaning up the wiring, new efi system. Other than that its a beautiful boat! Should be a serious piece when its done. Also on a side note, the boat was purchased from the owner and not Outdrive 1. Owner was frustrated with the boat and wanted it gone.

AZLineman

Reaction score
Yep, thats the one. Lots of minor issues. Hole in the bottom, bent cav plates, motor was a basket case, steering cable clamped in place at the quadrant with a stainless steel bent washer. We took the boat apart, had Rankin flip it and fix the blast plate pocket & install a drop through turn fin. Currently making new cav plates, water pick ups, reconfiguring the down pedal geometry, new traditional seats, complete motor rebuild, reconfiguring the fuel lines, cleaning up the wiring, new efi system. Other than that its a beautiful boat! Should be a serious piece when its done. Also on a side note, the boat was purchased from the owner and not Outdrive 1.

Owner was frustrated with the boat and wanted it gone.
That suks but u will have it the way you want when done. Sure looked good imo. Trailer too. Did u sell the seats/brackets?

MAXIMUS

Reaction score
That suks but u will have it the way you want when done. Sure looked good imo. Trailer too. Did u sell the seats/brackets?
No the owner still has them. Nice seats by the way... Just not for a Schiada.

AZLineman

Reaction score
No the owner still has them. Nice seats by the way... Just not for a Schiada.
I dig em and would run them in mine in a heartbeat right after I do it in all new white gel but I prefer to be unconventional. Everyone thought I was nuts putting suspension seats in mine almost 20 years ago until they rode in it. Lol. Light weight and inexpensive too. Conventional interiors are beautiful tho.