WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School Me-Buying/Selling Boat in AZ

BigMike

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked in previous threads, but I want to make sure I cover all of my bases. We are selling our boat private party and buying a boat private party, both registered in AZ.

What paperwork do we need to do when SELLING our boat that is registered in AZ?

What paperwork do we need to do when BUYING a boat registered in AZ?

Do we need to get anything notarized?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think you just need a bill of sale, and the reg...but hopefully a more recent boat victim will chime in.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
AZ is no title for boats. There is a little bill of sale thing with the registration you fill out or do a bill of sale.

You will need the trailer title. I am not sure if that needs to be notorized for a trailer registered in AZ. Someone else may chime in, or call MVD.

If it is a CA registered trailer no notary needed to register in AZ I believe.

If you change state registration on the trailer, and the trailer VIN is not visible, you may get some resistance. You may want to call the trailer MFG and see if they can get you the original info for said trailer.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
AZ is no title for boats. There is a little bill of sale thing with the registration you fill out or do a bill of sale.

You will need the trailer title. I am not sure if that needs to be notorized for a trailer registered in AZ. Someone else may chime in, or call MVD.

Correct... for the boat a bill of sale and seller signs the line on the registration. For the trailer, the seller signs and notarizes the title from the MVD.