WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School Me imco lower

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Curious what putting an imco lower on an xr drive will do for me? All i have heard is the imco lower can handle more power and has better gears than the stock xr drive....are there any performance enhancements i would see? I believe we are talking about a 1 in shorty? could be wrong.

DWC

Reaction score
Not positive, but it think more reliable but slower.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
If your taking imco sc. it’s the same gear set as the xr. I mean identical, imco does not make gear sets for sc drives. The case is s little stronger and a little more efficient. Biggest is you can raise the propshaft with a “shorty” unit

farmo83

Reaction score
You might cavitate a little getting on plane with a shorty.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It’s a trial an error deal, some boats really like a shorty, my Daytona 26 picked up 6 mph with a -2, it rides looser in the water as well which I like.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
It’s a trial an error deal, some boats really like a shorty, my Daytona 26 picked up 6 mph with a -2, it rides looser in the water as well which I like.
thats what i have heard and i think thats what we are hoping for....will let you know this weekend

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If your taking imco sc. it’s the same gear set as the xr. I mean identical, imco does not make gear sets for sc drives. The case is s little stronger and a little more efficient. Biggest is you can raise the propshaft with a “shorty” unit

That’s not the case with the new dual downshaft lower they came out with!

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/articles/the-missing-link-imco-dual-down-shaft-lower.545/

I haven’t heard performance results on this yet but Bob Brown is supposed to report back shortly!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That’s not the case with the new dual downshaft lower they came out with!

https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/articles/the-missing-link-imco-dual-down-shaft-lower.545/

I haven’t heard performance results on this yet but Bob Brown is supposed to report back shortly!

IMG_1133.jpg

You’ve got some random JBB thread linked Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
My latest conversation with IMCO regarding the new dual-downshaft unit (December 14) indicates all systems are a go for a late January/early February availability date as planned. The first short-run of units out for testing have reported back zero failures. Several of those units have been returned to the IMCO factory for tear-down and inspection, again no sign of problems or excessive wear. As for performance, more data on more boats is needed for conclusive determination, but the initial information seems to indicate no loss in speed and in a couple of cases actually a small gain in mph on the top end. Whatever the slight loss in speed caused by the parasitic friction/drag of the more complex internal components seems to be more than offset by the more efficient configuration of the modified dual-downshaft lower gearcase.