WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Cheetah Tunnel Hulls

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I was impressed right away when I rode in your boat!
Remember that? Delta hooky day.
I didn’t know it was a tunnel, as soon as we got in a little chop the boat didn’t even flinch. Just stayed flat and smooth.
I asked you “hey, this things a tunnel?”
This trip?

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
I’m curious as to why the outboards are mounted so far out instead of as close to the center pod as possible like the twin Stokers you see. Wouldn’t the outside one come out of the water in a sharp turn?

On that specific boat it's because of the motors. That style cowling is to big to mount them together. You have clearance issues when turning the motors and them touching each other. I believe Joe at hot laps did a stoker with alien cowls on a 22 don't know how it worked.

In regards to turning and motor coming out it is a mod v hull with tunnels so I am guessing it probably turns more like a cat and doesn't have the lean like a standard v hull would.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the story I got about the steletto is that the mold came from England....and there's one in new mexico that runs north of 130 mph...they are a solid running boat, but in ruff will beat you up if not on top of the water.. bob and I were gonna build a new bottom with narrowed tunnels....in fact it was the one in the picture...but I sold it to my Son.... he then sold it and bought one of my 210 Hallett's...

81Sprint

Reaction score
I had a stilleto for 4 years, MPI 454 would run about 74. It definitely did better in a little bit of chop to pack some air. All in all it was a good boat, sold it for what i paid for it and never had to do anything to it.
Cheetah.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I had a stilleto for 4 years, MPI 454 would run about 74. It definitely did better in a little bit of chop to pack some air. All in all it was a good boat, sold it for what i paid for it and never had to do anything to it. View attachment 881554
I think the closed bow ones perform better...

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
I had my Cheetah for 11 years. Just sold it last year. Kind of the best of both worlds being a tunnel hull. You get some of the ride of a cat but still handles like a V.
As stated above might want to through bolt where possible. Screws did seem to back out occasionally. 😉

View attachment 879475 View attachment 879476
That looks like the drive back from Berryessa.

Swain

Reaction score
I had one with a 496 thing moved, I wish I would have kept it and redone the interior.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@rpmsrup do the exhaust tips get hot I want to put thru hulls on mine. But wondered about the heat. Seems I would have to go the same route or out the sides. No room by outdrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpmsrup

Reaction score
@rpmsrup do the exhaust tips get hot I want to put thru hulls on mine. But wondered about the heat. Seems I would have to go the same route or out the sides. No room by outdrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no not to hot they had plenty of water running threw them.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Theres a handful of stilletos at the lakes here in NM, and everyone I talk to that owns one loves it.

There was also an older cheetah for sale here recently with a single 225 OB on it.