WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Flagstaff for the weekend.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Wife's birthday is this weekend, she booked some historic hotel, and dinner one place but thats it. Other than snowbowl I've never really spent time up there. Any recommendations? She mentioned the observatory but I'm in the dark on what there is to do there.

W.O.T

Reaction score
Im not sure about Flagstaff specifically but I recommend checking out Sedona and the town of Jerome out near Cottonwood. I love passing through Flagstaff and would like to hear about more to do in the area also.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I like the spin on the observatory. May i suggest cruising over to Williams. There is much more to do over there. Bearizona, canyon coaster, machine gun shooting range hiking trails good restaurants.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
If the hotel is the Monte Vista, PM me. My daughter is a bartender at the Rendezvous bar there and I can get you a VIP treatment at several haunts in town.
We're about a block over at the weatherford hotel, I'll shoot you a PM with my info so we can get in touch. We will put the rendezvous on our list of stops for sure!

Boat 405

Reaction score
Was there last week. Crazy weather.
5A6C2C27-3E63-4CF8-9138-046E14967F27.jpeg

sintax

Reaction score
Ran through there on the Harley last month, really only stopped for a few beers and dinner, but I can tell you that Dark Sky Brewing (we hit the beer garden location) was super solid. Beer was great, food was excellent.

2Driver

Reaction score
You want outdoor stuff or eat-drink-see stuff

Waterheater

Reaction score
We went down a couple of months ago. First time there. Stayed at the Residence Inn downtown. Had a great time. Parked the truck and walked everywhere. There are a bunch of cool little bars and place to eat. Went to dinner at the Brix one night. It was really good. We had a great time.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Fun place to go in the summer to beat the heat! Lots of hiking and a foodies paradise :) Winter not so much. Buffalo, New York gets less snow. :eek:

2Driver

Reaction score
A mix I think, I’m open to about anything as is she.

Flagstaff extreme is really fun. It will take up a few hours. My wife took her girlfriends there for a birthday deal and I’ve done it with my son.
https://flagstaffextreme.com/

You can hike the Lava tube, it’s just out in the forest not far from town. Small entrance, then it opens up about 10’ tall for about a mile, you’ll need 2 flashlights.

Peto

Banned
Reaction score
Beaver Street Brewery is good.... Not much to do in Flag... AVOID SEDONA!!! Takes you 2 hours just to get into town. It's a tourist cluster f%ck!!!!!

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Wife's birthday is this weekend, she booked some historic hotel, and dinner one place but thats it. Other than snowbowl I've never really spent time up there. Any recommendations? She mentioned the observatory but I'm in the dark on what there is to do there.
Take the short drive down 89 to Sedona.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Beaver Street Brewery is good.... Not much to do in Flag... AVOID SEDONA!!! Takes you 2 hours just to get into town. It's a tourist cluster f%ck!!!!!
He’s taking his wife. They’ll be just fine.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
He’s taking his wife. They’ll be just fine.
We've been to Sedona a number of times, its only a weekend and she wants to spend it exploring the flagstaff downtown and local area. I don't do well with lines and large crowds...its not my thing.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I REALLY enjoyed the Toasted Owl for breakfast when we passed through in June. Bring your stretchy pants.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Happy B-day to your better half. Hope all goes well and it is a good time for her. 👍

propcheck

Reaction score
Day trip to sightsee sedona. As for food I am a fan of The whisk and whiskey👍🏻

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Mooney’s Irish pub in Sedona. Best pub for a party, if ya make it that way.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I stay here sometimes, it’s really cool and old , maybe like 90 years . Stay in the upgraded room , not the hostel part . They just put in new wall heaters recently .
C98B85B1-C474-47B4-8D49-5E11B70157AB.png

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Whatever you do go get breakfast at martanns burrito palace. Walking distance from your hotel. Best Mexican food breakfast ever. Believe me, I grew up there. Also go to mother road brewery

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Whatever you do go get breakfast at martanns burrito palace. Walking distance from your hotel. Best Mexican food breakfast ever. Believe me, I grew up there. Also go to mother road brewery
We gave it a try, but the wait was over an hour we wound up at foret FLG which was really good actually...hipster as fuck but wasn't bad.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We did a pretty major remodel there a few years ago, the owner is awesome!
We would 100% stay there again...it was super convenient...had bars downstairs, live music etc..

We went to a couple museums, up to snowbowl, ate at BRIX, and Josephines (highly recommend both). We pretty much walked everywhere when in town. Did some shopping etc. Shout out to @92562 for his recommendation, we went to the bar his daughter works at both nights. She makes great drinks, and is a fun person to be around. When Rob said VIP treatment he meant it. Bri had a good bday, and it was a fun weekend away from reality.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We would 100% stay there again...it was super convenient...had bars downstairs, live music etc..

We went to a couple museums, up to snowbowl, ate at BRIX, and Josephines (highly recommend both). We pretty much walked everywhere when in town. Did some shopping etc. Shout out to @92562 for his recommendation, we went to the bar his daughter works at both nights. She makes great drinks, and is a fun person to be around. When Rob said VIP treatment he meant it. Bri had a good bday, and it was a fun weekend away from reality.
My pleasure! Glad Bri had a great birthday weekend! Julie said you guys were fun too.