WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on relocating to Henderson

BigMike

Reaction score
My wife and I are considering moving to Henderson from Garden Grove.
She is a teacher and the main question is how is the school district out there? We know the basic information that you can get from a Google search, so we are more looking for inside information from a teacher perspective and a parent/kid perspective.
The pay they estimated is actually a little more than she is currently getting, plus the savings in not having to pay income tax. And they are offering a $4,000 moving bonus right now.

Also, in our research, Henderson ranks really high is “safest neighborhoods” but is there better areas than others? Anywhere we should avoid?

Thanks in advance!

BigMike

Reaction score
Arent you with ASP?
Working remote?
Yes, been working from home since before Covid.
QC, mentor, and I take on special projects. I don’t need to go to the field unless I want to. And I actually get more work done from home than I did in the office. It was a steady stream of people walking in to ask questions. Now they send a Teams message or email and I can answer at my leisure instead of being interrupted and having to figure out where I left off.

Nordie

Reaction score
If you're going to be moving to the valley. Henderson is going to be your best bet, but the Southwest is a relatively new area, but no yards. Far Northwest is all new and there's some nice homes with good size yards. All in all Henderson will be your best bet.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I live in Henderson and I am sure like anywhere you are going to get mixed reviews on the school thing . We live in East Henderson on larger lots and are happy . We escaped CA 3 years ago and would not go back . There is no where I would not go in this town any time of day or night . Then again I came from the San Fernando Valley! Lol

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Yes, been working from home since before Covid.
QC, mentor, and I take on special projects. I don’t need to go to the field unless I want to. And I actually get more work done from home than I did in the office. It was a steady stream of people walking in to ask questions. Now they send a Teams message or email and I can answer at my leisure instead of being interrupted and having to figure out where I left off.

Sounds good. Corona or Cypress?

You need another guy🧐

Uncle Ed won’t let me move out of state. I have to be in office on Wednesdays

BigMike

Reaction score
Sounds good. Corona or Cypress?

You need another guy🧐

Uncle Ed won’t let me move out of state. I have to be in office on Wednesdays
Corona office since March, Cypress before that. We just had a round of hiring. We are always looking for good people. Send me your resume and the next time we are hiring, I’ll submit it.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I live in Henderson and I am sure like anywhere you are going to get mixed reviews on the school thing . We live in East Henderson on larger lots and are happy . We escaped CA 3 years ago and would not go back . There is no where I would not go in this town any time of day or night . Then again I came from the San Fernando Valley! Lol
If you eliminate the schools. As my wife and I wouldn’t moving with children. Any pluses or minuses to certain areas. I like the ideas of bigger lots.

BigMike

Reaction score
I would recommend the Anthem area, Mc Donald Ranch, Anthem Highlands. These areas are very nice and well kept with nice homes and parks.
Yea, that has been kind of where we are gravitating to on Zillow. Houses look newer, decent size lots, etc. Seems pretty clean, but then again it’s Zillow and they only post the good stuff on there

grumpy88

Reaction score
I would recommend the Anthem area, Mc Donald Ranch, Anthem Highlands. These areas are very nice and well kept with nice homes and parks.
All true . Your not getting 1 /2 acre lots and you 100 percent have a hoa telling you to remove your tool box from your garage because it is not for storage . Haha . All those areas are very nice in all seriousness.

DaveH

Reaction score
having moved from OC to Henderson going on 22 years now......

don't really think there is much of a difference between CA schools and NV......but certainly someone may come along and tell you different.

the green vally/anthem/7hills area are much newer then the east side of Henderson. think HOA, small crowded housing.....albiet newer and much more OC like.

the east and older unincorporated side of hendo is where you will find larger lots, lots of custom stuff, but also with that comes potentially horse property, some older run down stuff and all that goes with that. its changing though, high real estate prices are driving out the older white trash and run down stuff.

some nice new stuff popping up to the far east out by lake las vegas and calico ridge areas. the really old and run down downtown water street area was once a haven for tattoo shops, bail bonds and all sorts of scuzzy activity. this has changed a lot in the last few years especially with the new hockey rink that has gone in. now there are lots of dining and drinking options and most of the scuzz has been run out.

its a tough call as the various areas all have pros and cons. just due your due diligence and check them all out.

grumpy88

Reaction score
If you eliminate the schools. As my wife and I wouldn’t moving with children. Any pluses or minuses to certain areas. I like the ideas of bigger lots.
We like the east because of the 1/2 acre lots and no HOA . Our neighborhood is not track home but not special either . Just a feeling of freedom . Also it makes us a little closer to the lake and river .

BigMike

Reaction score
having moved from OC to Henderson going on 22 years now......

don't really think there is much of a difference between CA schools and NV......but certainly someone may come along and tell you different.

the green vally/anthem/7hills area are much newer then the east side of Henderson. think HOA, small crowded housing.....albiet newer and much more OC like.

the east and older unincorporated side of hendo is where you will find larger lots, lots of custom stuff, but also with that comes potentially horse property, some older run down stuff and all that goes with that. its changing though, high real estate prices are driving out the older white trash and run down stuff.

some nice new stuff popping up to the far east out by lake las vegas and calico ridge areas. the really old and run down downtown water street area was once a haven for tattoo shops, bail bonds and all sorts of scuzzy activity. this has changed a lot in the last few years especially with the new hockey rink that has gone in. now there are lots of dining and drinking options and most of the scuzz has been run out.

its a tough call as the various areas all have pros and cons. just due your due diligence and check them all out.
Great info! Thank you.

HBCraig

Reaction score
When I had my house there it was in the southern part of Henderson up against black mountain. Atea was called Paradise Hills

We loved it. In that same area the there are custom homes on big lots. Very cool

Anthem and seven Hills is great too.

BigMike

Reaction score
We like the east because of the 1/2 acre lots and no HOA . Our neighborhood is not track home but not special either . Just a feeling of freedom . Also it makes us a little closer to the lake and river .
I like the idea of bigger lots but I think my wife is liking the idea of more “OC like” lol. We are going to contact some realtors and drive out all the areas and see what we like. Main requirement is bigger than what we currently have and a pool. She won’t move to the desert unless she has a pool

DaveH

Reaction score
I like the idea of bigger lots but I think my wife is liking the idea of more “OC like” lol. We are going to contact some realtors and drive out all the areas and see what we like. Main requirement is bigger than what we currently have and a pool. She won’t move to the desert unless she has a pool
since you mention how important a pool is......i saw somewhere a new law that pools cant be more then 600sqft. don't know if this has gone into effect yet, but maybe attractive to find a house that already HAS a pool, or at least find out the details of the new law.....maybe this applies to NEW homes....not exactly sure.

BigMike

Reaction score
since you mention how important a pool is......i saw somewhere a new law that pools cant be more then 600sqft. don't know if this has gone into effect yet, but maybe attractive to find a house that already HAS a pool, or at least find out the details of the new law.....maybe this applies to NEW homes....not exactly sure.
Thanks for the heads up. I think we are looking for something that has a pool already and is turn key. After reading all of the pool install threads on here, I don’t think I want to go down that route.

Bakotrash

Reaction score
Moved from Bako to to Vegas almost 4 years ago. We originally rented a place in Southern Highlands so we could get a "lay of the land" before we bought, but couldn't stand the HOA gated bullshit. We looked at places in SE Henderson and Boulder City..........ended up in Boulder City. No regrets at all moving to Southern Nevada!

TCHB

Reaction score
All true . Your not getting 1 /2 acre lots and you 100 percent have a hoa telling you to remove your tool box from your garage because it is not for storage . Haha . All those areas are very nice in all seriousness.
Yes we have HOA With gards at the gates.

Deeznutz2

Reaction score
Moved to Henderson a year ago from temecula/IE/OC Wanted TF out of CA. It's not CA, which is wonderful, but a few things were tough to get used to.

1. Traffic moves slow as FUCK. Speed limits are lower and people actually drive them, even though I have not seen traffic enforcement one single time. People just drive slow. CA moves much faster outside of rush hour. Traffic lights are really poorly designed. Long lights, but really short yellows. Takes a while to get used to.

2. Just being honest here, henderson feels like a retirement community. I'm mid 40s and feel like a child everywhere I go. Don't seem to fit it at bars and restaurants, even grocery stores. The singles scene is rough. Good looking girls are strippers with only fans and driving supercars. The single ones are fat purple haired smelly liberals.

3. Overall feels mostly safe but be cautious like anywhere else, but Im also in a guard gated community. A good female friend was just violently physically assaulted by some ghetto LV locals, at GVR of all places, at random. Carry every day regardless of how where you are, but that's just good practice.

4. My auto insurance and reg are actually higher than CA.

I live out near lake las vegas FWIW. The best parts are: Money definitely goes further in NV. Lots of guns stores with good shit. People are mostly friendly. 75% of the people I have met are from CA. Always things to do. I would do it again in a heartbeat. And its not California. Fuck California.

My .02

mothershipper

Reaction score
The Clark County school district is a corrupt shitshow. I would advise your wife to seek employment at maybe one of the private schools with a public charter such as Somerset or Pinecrest. My daughters mom and I took our kid out of CCSD by 3rd grade because of how horrible it was. We put her in Somerset and she actually started learning. My brothers kids go to Pinecrest which is pretty good too. Be wary of HOA's here, they've more rules than a dictatorship. I moved here in the mid 90's cause I was sick of the So Cal BS and love it. The closer to the lake you live the better off you are IMO.

702sandman

Reaction score
I’ve been in Henderson since ‘79 when my parents moved here from Cali. We have always lived in the same neighborhood it’s 95 and wagon wheel in what we call custom lots 1/2 acre size 120’ x 135’. Henderson is a good size area so there’s anthem / 7 hills, green valley, downtown Henderson , east side Henderson like boulder and sunset area , lake Las Vegas/ calico hills and then there’s the lots with custom homes , like race track and lake mead area , college and 95 (mission hills) and where I live (section 27). For me I love being able to drive out from my house and right to the desert, if your in green valley, anthem and those type areas there is no where to ride. If you like the OC feel with hoa etc then I’d say anthem, green valley will fit you the best. There’s even a new neighborhood off lake mead called cadence and that has the newer style homes with decent lots. Henderson is know for a being really ”safe“ city and great schools. Both my daughters went to a ok school “basic” and had a great time I think because they were both in sports and stayed away from trouble. all areas of Henderson have good and bad areas so it just depends on what kind of living you want to have. I’m pretty fortunate and was able to buy 2 lots back to back and I turned them into 1 big lot. I have a large wall and gates around the whole place so it’s my little compound and I can do whatever I want with no one to hassle me. In the end I won’t ever leave this area, except to my place in Utah lol. If you need a realtor I have a great Lady that will find you what you want and is very professional and a Henderson native so she knows the areas to look at. Good luck in your search.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Moved to Henderson a year ago from temecula/IE/OC Wanted TF out of CA. It's not CA, which is wonderful, but a few things were tough to get used to.

1. Traffic moves slow as FUCK. Speed limits are lower and people actually drive them, even though I have not seen traffic enforcement one single time. People just drive slow. CA moves much faster outside of rush hour. Traffic lights are really poorly designed. Long lights, but really short yellows. Takes a while to get used to.

2. Just being honest here, henderson feels like a retirement community. I'm mid 40s and feel like a child everywhere I go. Don't seem to fit it at bars and restaurants, even grocery stores. The singles scene is rough. Good looking girls are strippers with only fans and driving supercars. The single ones are fat purple haired smelly liberals.

3. Overall feels mostly safe but be cautious like anywhere else, but Im also in a guard gated community. A good female friend was just violently physically assaulted by some ghetto LV locals, at GVR of all places, at random. Carry every day regardless of how where you are, but that's just good practice.

4. My auto insurance and reg are actually higher than CA.

I live out near lake las vegas FWIW. The best parts are: Money definitely goes further in NV. Lots of guns stores with good shit. People are mostly friendly. 75% of the people I have met are from CA. Always things to do. I would do it again in a heartbeat. And its not California. Fuck California.

My .02
Agree. On number 4 though our insurance dropped in half, reg on one truck lower, and one higher then Ca.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Same here. What part of the Valley are you from?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Canoga park . Roscoe west of Topanga. So nice being gone . We actually enjoy being at home now ! Lol
Haha I'm from Devonshire and Topanga. That was my go to Lowes at Roscoe and Topanga.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
I’ve been in Henderson since ‘79 when my parents moved here from Cali. We have always lived in the same neighborhood it’s 95 and wagon wheel in what we call custom lots 1/2 acre size 120’ x 135’. Henderson is a good size area so there’s anthem / 7 hills, green valley, downtown Henderson , east side Henderson like boulder and sunset area , lake Las Vegas/ calico hills and then there’s the lots with custom homes , like race track and lake mead area , college and 95 (mission hills) and where I live (section 27). For me I love being able to drive out from my house and right to the desert, if your in green valley, anthem and those type areas there is no where to ride. If you like the OC feel with hoa etc then I’d say anthem, green valley will fit you the best. There’s even a new neighborhood off lake mead called cadence and that has the newer style homes with decent lots. Henderson is know for a being really ”safe“ city and great schools. Both my daughters went to a ok school “basic” and had a great time I think because they were both in sports and stayed away from trouble. all areas of Henderson have good and bad areas so it just depends on what kind of living you want to have. I’m pretty fortunate and was able to buy 2 lots back to back and I turned them into 1 big lot. I have a large wall and gates around the whole place so it’s my little compound and I can do whatever I want with no one to hassle me. In the end I won’t ever leave this area, except to my place in Utah lol. If you need a realtor I have a great Lady that will find you what you want and is very professional and a Henderson native so she knows the areas to look at. Good luck in your search.
We just sold our home on Bridle 3 years ago. We love that neighborhood.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Moved from Bako to to Vegas almost 4 years ago. We originally rented a place in Southern Highlands so we could get a "lay of the land" before we bought, but couldn't stand the HOA gated bullshit. We looked at places in SE Henderson and Boulder City..........ended up in Boulder City. No regrets at all moving to Southern Nevada!
Boulder City is closed

Hypnautic

Reaction score
BigMike--
Mind sharing what price range you are lookin at?
What grade does your wife teach?
and if your wife wants to talk to a teacher or two for their perspective--we know a few that would be open to chat.

BigMike

Reaction score
BigMike--
Mind sharing what price range you are lookin at?
What grade does your wife teach?
and if your wife wants to talk to a teacher or two for their perspective--we know a few that would be open to chat.
She is in her 9th year, all kindergarten. But open to teaching other elementary levels.
Price range honestly depends on what’s available when we are ready to pull the trigger.
550-600 if it needs work and/or doesn’t have a pool
Up to 800, maybe 850 if it checks all out boxes and doesn’t need anything major
In other words, not afraid to renovate, but the initial price has to be low. Or we get something turn key towards the top of our range.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
She is in her 9th year, all kindergarten. But open to teaching other elementary levels.
Price range honestly depends on what’s available when we are ready to pull the trigger.
550-600 if it needs work and/or doesn’t have a pool
Up to 800, maybe 850 if it checks all out boxes and doesn’t need anything major
In other words, not afraid to renovate, but the initial price has to be low. Or we get something turn key towards the top of our range.
We moved from Placentia to Henderson in '07
I will share my thoughts on this move in just a bit--need to get some work done first.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Only bad areas are downtown, north of basic HS to lake mead Pkwy and pitman,warm springs-boulder-sunset. If looking for a bigger lot then look south and east, mission hills or off racetrack rd. Lake Las Vegas is nice but the prices are inflated up a bit. Green valley is crowded with older homes, but everything is close by. Personally I would stay away from cadence because it used to be all leach fields for the chemical plants

PaPaG

Reaction score
Lots of Great neighborhoods in Henderson like Anthem, Macdonald Ranch, Sunridge at Macdonald Ranch, Seven Hills, Most but not all areas are really nice and safe with lower crime due to the heavy enforcement and the take no bullshit attitude from Henderson PD. Just be careful of the areas you decide on, do a lot of research and ask some HPD's what areas they would live as well. Members here on RD are also mostly very safety oriented so check out the areas most suggest as well. Stay away areas are there as well, some areas very very safe, some areas of Henderson I would never ever roam around unarmed so that should tell you the safety differences in town.
PS: If your wife likes to shop and you guys like to go out and eat Eastern Ave from the 215 up to mountain is fully packed with hundreds of places to eat and shop but the traffic is hell.

81Sprint

Reaction score
My father-in-law just built my brother and sister-in-law this house on a 1/2 acre in the horse properties off 95 and Wagon Wheel in old Henderson. There are some really nice houses, and there are some not so nice really old houses. Kind of mixed bag in that area. We live in west Henderson near the M Casino, it is newer and bit nicer area, but more traffic. St. Rose Parkway is building up with new stores and restaurants pretty quick.

187509196_4358039570913827_2978209743012602732_n.jpg

Hypnautic

Reaction score
My .02
The areas that I have highlighted are general--not to exact streets.

For me...I would only move into the lime green areas.
You will notice I only have two areas in lime green that are above (north) of the freeway (light blue). Those two areas are the Horse Streets (small circle) and the larger circle has lots of .5 to 1acre with custom homes. Problem there are both of these areas are zones for Basic High School. I would imagine families that have customs homes up there are sending their kids to Private School, hint-hint. Also the drive to the freeway from this large circle easily adds 10-15 with no traffic.

South of the freeway--close to the hills--I think is best.

In Boulder City--I prefer the Equestrian area. You can get large lots with view over equestrian center that empties out to open desert. Amazing sunrises out there. Older homes but with all the charm just north of the main street in BC (Denver St) are really nice.

Others mentioned the 7 Hills area. Yes nice. Many subdivided communities with HOA's. But why I have that area circled in Red--is because this is where Henderson comes every weekend to play kids soccer. Imagine thousands cars and trucks coming through as early as 7am on weekends to let their little ones play soccer. There is also really only one way in and out for most of these cars too. I do not like the area simply for all of the traffic.

The dark green areas just to the left are there as they also offer mostly .5 acre lots with custom homes. Traffic around those homes is not as bad--but the traffic in that area is. The Yellow highlighted roads are St Rose Pkwy (#146) and Eastern Ave. Eastern Ave is the road you take to go into Anthem, 7 Hills and is busy from the freeway all the way up. St Rose is at least 4+ lanes in each direction now. Costco and everything else you can think of is on that street. Even better--where the two meet is a huge hospital.

The area circled in blue is Lake Las Vegas and Tuscany. Beautiful area, sure. But for me the HOA's and additional drive time it takes once off the freeway even without traffic is just to much. Yes im sure the local out that way know some short cuts--but they all take it, so not much shorter really.

The big rust lines show aircraft flight path. When they cut across the south part of Henderson their about 7-8K so you only hear a distant noise. As they pass over the large green circle after coming off the lake--they are 4500ft and descending rapidly.

Elementary Schools--Schools that would filter towards Coronado High School are good. Our two primary schools are Smalley and Walker--also highly rated. Again keep the close to the foothills in mind here too. In Henderson, I would say the top HS is Coronado with Foothill and Green Valley behind. Pine Crest is the choice for Private out this side.
Because we are one huge school district (i think 5th in the nation)--our inner city pulls the district down in numbers. So choosing the area to live in by the school it is associated with is key (IMO).

And in case you wonder where I am--red X. Tract homes, typical lots with some exceptions of .25-.35acres. 1800-4000sqft. Many with pools. Most 3 car garages. Im in 4Ksqft, 6bd, 4bh, 3car, with RV, cul-de-sac, .25acre but no pool. (both my neighbors spent over 85K on their pools in 07 and we use them when ever we want--that is really the best pool there is). about .25 mile away from Lance Burtons old home--its the Castle on the hill. You will know what im talkin about if you come out this way.

Let me know if you have any questions--sorry for the long read. It really will be the best move you can make.

1670048162104.png

Deeznutz2

Reaction score
My .02
The areas that I have highlighted are general--not to exact streets.

For me...I would only move into the lime green areas.
You will notice I only have two areas in lime green that are above (north) of the freeway (light blue). Those two areas are the Horse Streets (small circle) and the larger circle has lots of .5 to 1acre with custom homes. Problem there are both of these areas are zones for Basic High School. I would imagine families that have customs homes up there are sending their kids to Private School, hint-hint. Also the drive to the freeway from this large circle easily adds 10-15 with no traffic.

South of the freeway--close to the hills--I think is best.

In Boulder City--I prefer the Equestrian area. You can get large lots with view over equestrian center that empties out to open desert. Amazing sunrises out there. Older homes but with all the charm just north of the main street in BC (Denver St) are really nice.

Others mentioned the 7 Hills area. Yes nice. Many subdivided communities with HOA's. But why I have that area circled in Red--is because this is where Henderson comes every weekend to play kids soccer. Imagine thousands cars and trucks coming through as early as 7am on weekends to let their little ones play soccer. There is also really only one way in and out for most of these cars too. I do not like the area simply for all of the traffic.

The dark green areas just to the left are there as they also offer mostly .5 acre lots with custom homes. Traffic around those homes is not as bad--but the traffic in that area is. The Yellow highlighted roads are St Rose Pkwy (#146) and Eastern Ave. Eastern Ave is the road you take to go into Anthem, 7 Hills and is busy from the freeway all the way up. St Rose is at least 4+ lanes in each direction now. Costco and everything else you can think of is on that street. Even better--where the two meet is a huge hospital.

The area circled in blue is Lake Las Vegas and Tuscany. Beautiful area, sure. But for me the HOA's and additional drive time it takes once off the freeway even without traffic is just to much. Yes im sure the local out that way know some short cuts--but they all take it, so not much shorter really.

The big rust lines show aircraft flight path. When they cut across the south part of Henderson their about 7-8K so you only hear a distant noise. As they pass over the large green circle after coming off the lake--they are 4500ft and descending rapidly.

Elementary Schools--Schools that would filter towards Coronado High School are good. Our two primary schools are Smalley and Walker--also highly rated. Again keep the close to the foothills in mind here too. In Henderson, I would say the top HS is Coronado with Foothill and Green Valley behind. Pine Crest is the choice for Private out this side.
Because we are one huge school district (i think 5th in the nation)--our inner city pulls the district down in numbers. So choosing the area to live in by the school it is associated with is key (IMO).

And in case you wonder where I am--red X. Tract homes, typical lots with some exceptions of .25-.35acres. 1800-4000sqft. Many with pools. Most 3 car garages. Im in 4Ksqft, 6bd, 4bh, 3car, with RV, cul-de-sac, .25acre but no pool. (both my neighbors spent over 85K on their pools in 07 and we use them when ever we want--that is really the best pool there is). about .25 mile away from Lance Burtons old home--its the Castle on the hill. You will know what im talkin about if you come out this way.

Let me know if you have any questions--sorry for the long read. It really will be the best move you can make.

View attachment 1177584
Great dog park right there at black mountain, I'm there every weekend. I live in Tuscany but drive over there a few times a week.

702sandman

Reaction score
My father-in-law just built my brother and sister-in-law this house on a 1/2 acre in the horse properties off 95 and Wagon Wheel in old Henderson. There are some really nice houses, and there are some not so nice really old houses. Kind of mixed bag in that area. We live in west Henderson near the M Casino, it is newer and bit nicer area, but more traffic. St. Rose Parkway is building up with new stores and restaurants pretty quick.

187509196_4358039570913827_2978209743012602732_n.jpg
This is a house right down the road from my place, we did the AC there for Art Emling. The best neighborhood in henderson lol but I’m biased

BigMike

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies and info so far! Definitely gives us things to think about and discuss.
If anyone has any more info on the school district, that would be great. @Hypnautic insent you a DM about your offer to put my wife in touch with some teachers. That wound be very helpful for her!

PRIMO

Reaction score
Boulder City 4 the WIN.....😎

You can go to the Supermarket / Gas Station / Bank or anything in BOULDER CITY without constantly looking over your Back !

When I lived at Lake Las Vegas I did all my Business in BC /easy drive through the Park !

The PD in Boulder City does a Superior Job and the Bad Guys Know It !

Runs2rch

Reaction score

You can go to the Supermarket / Gas Station / Bank or anything in BOULDER CITY without constantly looking over your Back !

When I lived at Lake Las Vegas I did all my Business in BC /easy drive through the Park !

Too bad though that BC is closed now.

HBCraig

Reaction score

A good friends of mine coach at boulder city HS

1 football and 1 baseball

I love BC

Englewood

Reaction score
Let's say you are considering a move to Vegas.

The requirements are:

3,000 sq.ft. +
Golf Course in community or VERY close
RV parking
3-car garage
Gated
Good High School
Can ride RZR to trails from house

Where would you go?

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Let's say you are considering a move to Vegas.

The requirements are:

3,000 sq.ft. +
Golf Course in community or VERY close
RV parking
3-car garage
Gated
Good High School
Can ride RZR to trails from house

Where would you go?
To be able to ride a RZR out to open space you will not be in any Golf Course community. You will need to live on the edge of developments near access points to the desert. They are not street legal vehicles so you do not want to have to drive far. There will be gated communities around there--but if your in a guard gated development, that may cause an issue.
The 3000sqft, 3car with RV parking is pretty easy to find in gated.
Good HS. Private would be Gorman, Faith Lutheran (Summerlin side) and Pine Crest (Henderson). For public schools--Palo Verde (Summerlin), Coronado and Foothill IMO are best in Henderson