WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Wakeboard Towers

probablecause

Reaction score
I just picked up a 1987 Eliminator Ski Boat (below) and want a wakeboard tower. They have been out for a while so is it safe to assume that most towers have mounts for all of the boats our there?
I have about 2500 to spend and other than the tower installation (preferred red), I can handle the speaker and light install. Looking for two to four speakers and a forward facing light bar. Thanks, Brendan

00D0D_3yxAeGxsIwp_1200x900.jpg
00J0J_79O5IQp1CpT_1200x900.jpg

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Why not do something like this. Removable and functional. No holes drilled into your boat and in my opinion the older boats look funky with a new style tower on them. Then just upgrade the current stereo.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 242

lIQUIDATEDdAMAGES

Reaction score
Why not do something like this. Removable and functional. No holes drilled into your boat and in my opinion the older boats look funky with a new style tower on them. Then just upgrade the current stereo.

I agree. I had an 82 ski nautique. I originally owned it with a partner and he wanted a tower in a bad way. We out one on and I ended up buying him out later down the road. Always regretted having that on there...Any non custom tower is going to screw up the great looks of your new host imho

Jimmy

Reaction score
I like that, that sling around the nose is a good idea.
Was looking at pylons last night and wondering how to string it up from the nose without accidently ripping the cap off.
Some of them are only good for 500lbs and u can't tow tubes with them.
How would u go about fixing to to the floor?

Jimmy

Reaction score
Here's a few DIYs I found.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1470636849187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1470636849187.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 347
  • uploadfromtaptalk1470636861678.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1470636861678.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 343

NicPaus

Reaction score

I have just the pole not the base plate if the op wants to go this route free. it is in Parker but can bring back to Torrance.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I had a custom tower built for my older malibu for under what you want to spend. Just get some prices from one of the fab shops. I used Fluid Concepts out of Mesa AZ. The advantage of the tower over the extended pylon is that the tower frees up more space in the boat that the extended pylon uses. You have to cut holes in the bimini with the extended pylon also. I had an extended pylon for many many years and it worked fine, but the tower cleaned things up and got the wakeboards outside the boat on the racks etc... There is a ton of torque on those extended pylons also that can be hard on the factory pylon.

probablecause

Reaction score
I had a custom tower built for my older malibu for under what you want to spend. Just get some prices from one of the fab shops. I used Fluid Concepts out of Mesa AZ. The advantage of the tower over the extended pylon is that the tower frees up more space in the boat that the extended pylon uses. You have to cut holes in the bimini with the extended pylon also. I had an extended pylon for many many years and it worked fine, but the tower cleaned things up and got the wakeboards outside the boat on the racks etc... There is a ton of torque on those extended pylons also that can be hard on the factory pylon.

Thanks. I had a pylon on my other boat and it was a pain in the ass. I know members here like them but I was not a fan with the setup and take down every trip.