WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Scottsdale Restaurant Recommendation

attitude

Reaction score
My Fiancée and I are staying in Scottsdale tomorrow night. She has requested a nice Mexican restaurant with some good drinks.

Any recommendations?

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
Pink Taco…….

oh I forgot not there anymore, the restaurant

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What part of Scottsdale are you going to be in? @Marios Metalworks suggested a few in the area. I am sure someone will chime in. There is also a resturant at the Scott-dale airport that the wife and I are going to in A couple of weeks. You can sit and watch the airplanes come and go.

attitude

Reaction score
What part of Scottsdale are you going to be in? @Marios Metalworks suggested a few in the area. I am sure someone will chime in. There is also a resturant at the Scott-dale airport that the wife and I are going to in A couple of weeks. You can sit and watch the airplanes come and go.
A little north of old town Scottsdale.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
IMG_1776.png

Outdrive1

Reaction score

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
You Could run up to Cave Creek and Hit Buffalo Chip then Go The El EnCanto. The Food is ok, The atmosphere is fun. What Do you all Think?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
You Could run up to Cave Creek and Hit Buffalo Chip then Go The El EnCanto. The Food is ok, The atmosphere is fun. What Do you all Think?
I eat at the chip every few weeks..honestly just for fried okra lol. Harold’s is my breakfast go to..my off menu order is like $8 and the staff is good to the regulars. Wife gets to go Mexican up there once or twice a month I don’t know exactly where it comes from. I live about 3 mins from the chip lol..but it’s a solid 25 min drive from old town..

Tomorrow night is live bull riding

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Just my opinion and I live here…..El Encanto is horrible, the B chip is just touristy stuff.

Probably the place in the Borgata suggested earlier is the closest/nicest.

kurtis500

Reaction score
Salt Cellar, Chart House, Los Olivios, El Chorro...

But when I'm in Scottsale I go to Casellas Deli and Peter Piper Pizza off Raintree.. PPP is just the best..

Not a Sam Fox fan... I have a legit story about him... He got kicked out of my house by Dave Tierney (Saks Tierney law firm in Scottsdale). My house in Phoenix is behind the Culionary Dropout/The Yard and we went to war with FRC in 2013-2014. Things have got a lot better lately

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Salt Cellar, Chart House, Los Olivios, El Chorro...

But when I'm in Scottsale I go to Casellas Deli and Peter Piper Pizza off Raintree.. PPP is just the best..

Not a Sam Fox fan... I have a legit story about him... He got kicked out of my house by Dave Tierney (Saks Tierney law firm in Scottsdale). My house in Phoenix is behind the Culionary Dropout/The Yard and we went to war with FRC in 2013-2014. Things have got a lot better lately

That’s too bad, the Yard is really cool. One of my close friends is a partner at Fox. He got my son an internship there when he was at ASU. My son spent time at Blanco’s, and the Yard, as well as the main office (The Kitchen).

Reactions: DWC

hman442

Reaction score
When I was attending ASU, and would go to Scottdale to visit my grandparents, Garcias was the go to place. But, things may have changed......since the 80s........

Cdog

Reaction score
Bario queen is legit. The one at desert ridge anyway. Nice patio & people watching.

If you want a legit barria taco you have to get away from the gringo side of town.

I’m the broker for Fruitilandia & https://www.taqueriafactory.com/

It’s a drive to chandler though

kurtis500

Reaction score
That’s too bad, the Yard is really cool. One of my close friends is a partner at Fox. He got my son an internship there when he was at ASU. My son spent time at Blanco’s, and the Yard, as well as the main office (The Kitchen).
Its definitley popular. The first year and a half were ugly. We were headed to court with FRC when they finally straightened up. All of the legal aggreements by FRC and the neighborhood have my name on them. The restaurant is too big for the allotted parking, but things have got better. When The yard opened there was 1 liquor license between Montebello and Missouri on 7th st, there was 18 last i heard. We have a great relationship with the corporate attorney for FRC now so everything goes smoothly if theres a hicup. Glad your son got some expereince there since its a one of a kind place.

kurtis500

Reaction score
Durants on Central Ave, original Garcias on 35th north of McDowell, Via de Losantos (hole in the wall) Jordans Mexican food (straight out of the 60's still) Compass Room downtown Hyatt.. lots of places when you step out of Scottsdale.

Maestros Ocean Club at Kierlands is good. (Scottsdale rd. and Greenway)

If Im doing mexican food in Scottsdale it would be Los Olivos in old town Scottsdale. Ajo Als and Manuels too in Scottsdale

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends where in Scottsdale you'll be... I'd say the drive would be worth going to Richardsons.

We also like the Jalapeño Inferno on N.Scottsdale and Pinnacle Peak. Their "Boss" marg is my fave 🤤🤤🤤

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
The Mission in Old Town or Kierland is good upscale Mexican food. Sol at Scottsdale Quarter is also good, as is Blanco and Jalapeño Inferno. For New Mexico style (spicy) Mexican, Richardsons or the Rokerij can't be beat.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I’ll chime in…….

Go to Fuego at Clarendon Hotel in Midtown. Either come early or stay later, then your dinner reservation. Why? It’s because the Clarendon Hotel has the roof built out into a viewing area with a bar. It has a 5 Star view, especially at night.

You will love this “off the beaten path” restaurant and roof-top.

Cdog

Reaction score
Are you staying at the JW Marriott as I recommended?

Rivrat

Reaction score
Dirty Dogg Saloon for a nightcap

Joker

Reaction score
Depends where in Scottsdale you'll be... I'd say the drive would be worth going to Richardsons.

We also like the Jalapeño Inferno on N.Scottsdale and Pinnacle Peak. Their "Boss" marg is my fave 🤤🤤🤤
We love that location for Jalapeño Inferno. I think one of @ONE-A-DAY kids worked there. Their newer place right around Peoria in an outdoor mall was junk.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
If you are looking for something fancy, my son took me to a place called Elements in Paradise, the view was amazing and the food was great! it's just north of Scottsdale.
There's also a speak easy called Rough Riders in Phoenix, super fun spot. I know, I know these aren't Scottsdale, but close!!

EDIT: Just saw your note about "mexican" food. Sorry... LOL

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Really bummed that House of Tricks closed. In my humble opinion, it was the best restaurant in the phoenix area..

That was a such a great restaurant. We went once a week the last month they were open…even hit it up and ate at the bar on their last night. I believe they owned the property, probably hard to pass up that giant pay day.