WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Scrubbing Bubbles to clean interior?

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
So I'm gonna need to do a good cleaning on the Schiada interior. It's a mess. I thought I read somewhere that Scrubbing Bubbles is the way to go? Anyone used it? I need something that'll really clean good.

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
read a thread about it last summer, tried it on mine after I got some
nasty rich exhaust black from the transom on the back seat. took it right off:thumbsup

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Been doin' this way for a while Djunk! Work's great,just make sure ya put some protectant on it afterwards...:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
read a thread about it last summer, tried it on mine after I got some
nasty rich exhaust black from the transom on the back seat. took it right off:thumbsup

The interior in my boat I believe is original or close to it. 30+ years old. It's a little discolored and just plain nasty. Can't afford to redo it yet so I need something that'll deep clean it. How did you use it? Spray it on and let it sit? Use a scrub brush? Did you put anything on it afterwards?

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
scrubbing bubbles and mr clean magic erasers works every time:thumbsup
if your goin to use alot of it use a wet rag after your done to get the excess scrubbing bubbles off.i buy mne at osh or home depot they carry the multi packs for both products

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Never tried scrubbing bubbles but I am amazed how well the magic erasers work. I used to think my seats were clean untill I used one of these things. Cant figure out how they work but they do!!

OHHH YAAA

Reaction score
Scrubbing bubbles is what I used when I worked at Schiada years ago. Worked really well from what I remember.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Never tried scrubbing bubbles but I am amazed how well the magic erasers work. I used to think my seats were clean untill I used one of these things. Cant figure out how they work but they do!!

Magic erasers take a small amount of vinyl off with them.. Scrubbing bubbles works bitchen and doesn't hurt the seats.

DR

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
I always used magic erasers, But if I ever manage to scrape up enough coin to buy another sled I will remember the scrubbing bubbles :thumbsup

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats good to know. Will definitely try the scrubbing bubbles when the bating season starts.

Magic erasers take a small amount of vinyl off with them.. Scrubbing bubbles works bitchen and doesn't hurt the seats.

DR

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do they work with abrasives or chemicals?

Just chemicals, no abrasives.. The chemicals aren't that harsh either. The bubbles get into the little wrinkles of vinyl and give it that bitchen "new" look.

RD

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Just chemicals, no abrasives.. The chemicals aren't that harsh either. The bubbles get into the little wrinkles of vinyl and give it that bitchen "new" look.

RD

I mean the erasers, I've always wondered how they work because there is no lather or bubbles or anything.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You can get the Horse cock size cans in a 4 pack at COSTCO for a good price.
Great stuff, I rinse it off after using a scrub brush.
The magic erasers are like sandpaper.
Vinyl Sauce for the tough stuff.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I gotta be honest, I have never had any good success with vinyl sauce.. Anything tough I use simple green or the purple simple green industrial strength. That stuff will clean anything, but it's harsh.

My favorite vinyl cleaner of all time is the stuff Magic34 used to sell (dri wash vinyl cleaner) that stuff makes your vinyl soft / not oily and smells like a new boat.

RD

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats what we do as well. We follow up with some Meguiars 57 for protecting from the elements.

Simple green straight up with micro fiber cloths and a toothbrush. You may have to do it more than once but it will not harm your upholstery. Magic eraser is too harsh imo. I used (should say the wife) simple green on our old white seats and they always sparkled. Go over them with a clean damp cloth to remove the simple green when you're done. We've used simple green on all of our boat seats for years with no issues.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Well I spent a couple hours of my Christmas day scrubbing interior. Scrubbing bubbles is the shit. Amazing how the dirt just comes off so easy.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Well I spent a couple hours of my Christmas day scrubbing interior. Scrubbing bubbles is the shit. Amazing how the dirt just comes off so easy.

If ya buy the 4 packs at COSTCO the 4th can is a different shape and contains a more concentrated Scrubbin' Bubbles formula that is REALLY the shit.

Haven't been able to locate those concentrated formula cans to buy separately. Maybe Fart n Smile or a janitor supply house.

I've resolved myself that the seats need a scrubbing bubbles wipe down/rinse every day of the trip to keep the job much easier and the seats tits.

I end up with crazy stains i have no clue where they come from. Perhaps mustard, taco sauce,, damfino WTF?. Getting right at them and not procrastinating is essential for the crap I run into.