WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sea Tow expierience

farmo83

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Sea Tow ? They had a sell at the local boat show for a year for 90 bucks. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Knock on wood have never had to use them but always good to have cheap insurance.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
You can add towing to most Ins plans cheaply

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Sea Tow ? They had a sell at the local boat show for a year for 90 bucks. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Member since 1982

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I use Boat US.
$85 a year and includes a decent quarterly magazine
I had a fuel pump go bad and he was there in less than 30 minutes and even put my boat right on the trailer

Last edited:

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
X2 on Boat US
they have more lakes on there plan then does sea tow --FYI

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Boat us for many years. Never used it until last year and did twice worth every penny.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Had them for many years, used them 6 times, those captains know what they are doing. I wish everyone would sign up, instead of relying on others.

It’s like AAA on the water.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We use Boat US (Vessel Assist) and they been great, used them 3 times over the last 8 years. $75 a year includes good coverage for your trailer roadside as well

EBT531

Reaction score
I have used them once. Great experience, they came right out and towed me in no issues. The guy said they run 8 boats on average in Havasu in the summer months

Xring01

Reaction score
I have used Sea Tow, TowBoat and various others over the years.. BoatsUS for the last 5 years or more.

Used them a couple of times over the years. Money well spent.

Its basically AAA on the water... Comes in very handy when you are fishing offshore... Because getting towed 30 miles offshore can cost thousands...

wet hull

Reaction score
Thought I was cool. I wasn't and it was expensive. Have had Sea Tow every year since and used 1 more time. Best insurance on the water.

HCP3

Reaction score
Boat U.S. Great service. If they are not rushing out to tow someone else, they will stuff it on the trailer for you limiting the embarrassment time at the ramp.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Haven't used SeaTow. I had BoatUS before. They cancelled me after having 4 calls over an 18 month period before I did my repower. I guess they like to take your money but don't want to actually provide the service when you need it. :mad:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I'm a Sea Tow member and have used them in Havasu. Great customer service and very experienced captains.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
BoatUs for me, had them for many years and have had to call them out a time or two. Always professional and and friendly.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
We rarely boat Havasu but one time we did years ago, we had motor issues. We were at the sandbar on the Northern part of the lake...Sea Tow/Vessel assist happened to cruise by and we asked for a tow all the way back to the Springs. it was 2k because we didn’t have a membership.

I was thinking about just running the boat back and ruining the motor. Lol

Checked my Progressive policy and we had coverage. Charged the tow to our AMEX and had a check from Progressive in 3 days.

I would just pay for the policy if we were headed back that way again.

707dog

Reaction score
Got boat.us and also towing thru my progressive insurance. Before that I didnt but that 600 tow my last time in havasu put that in check real quick. Plus i boat the delta and various other lakes

Tireman

Reaction score
Haven't used SeaTow. I had BoatUS before. They cancelled me after having 4 calls over an 18 month period before I did my repower. I guess they like to take your money but don't want to actually provide the service when you need it. :mad:
SOMETIMES you have to fire a customer if it doesnt work out.... 4 is a lot for 160 bucks....

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Some FYI for you - if you are parked in a rented slip, or a private dock, the WILL NOT tow you and cover the cost. It has to be an "emergency on the water". So - tell them you swam the boat in and tied off, then called. Don't tell them you have a slip in the marina, or "its my dock" etc. I went thru that last year. My brother had a similar issue, he actually had to push the boat out of the slip to get them to tow him when they arrived. Some of them are more sticklers than others. Most of the operators are cool, but the 1-800 call center person will immediately disqualify you if you say you are slipped

77charger

Reaction score
I may switch to River Whips. You just post on facebook and shame everyone via photo who doesn't stop to help a whipper with his hatch cracked
Only works if you have the extra large whips sticker on the whole side of your boat.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I was on a first name bases with my Boat U.S. guys until I worked all the gremlins out. Do it, you won't regret it when you need it.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
had a fuel pump die. dude came out, pulled us to the trailer, and put it on. all with a few ropes, fenders, and expert control of his honda outboard. was very impressed.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If its Havasu you boat on, Boat US has many more tow boats in service than Sea Tow, which equates to shorter wait times.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Some FYI for you - if you are parked in a rented slip, or a private dock, the WILL NOT tow you and cover the cost. It has to be an "emergency on the water". So - tell them you swam the boat in and tied off, then called. Don't tell them you have a slip in the marina, or "its my dock" etc. I went thru that last year. My brother had a similar issue, he actually had to push the boat out of the slip to get them to tow him when they arrived. Some of them are more sticklers than others. Most of the operators are cool, but the 1-800 call center person will immediately disqualify you if you say you are slipped
Also along those lines, I advise you to have the local operators phone number to call vs the 800#. Things will happen even quicker.

PlanB

Reaction score
Used a tow boat once. Broke a drive in our Top Gun running from Newport to Dana Point. Was idling back on one motor and it got dark. Ran into a nasty kelp bed that clogged the water intake. Now second motor is overheating, so we are dead in the water. Call the 800 number and was told it would be an hour because it was dinnertime for boat operator. Tell the lady on the phone that we are drifting in the current and will be on the rocks if they take too long. She says to throw an anchor out into the middle of this thick kelp bed. I get pissed and use a cuss word and she threatens to hang up and leave us to fend for ourselves. I lose my shit and she eventually dispatches the tow boat. Eventually I see the tow boat and I am talking to the guy on the radio. He says he can't find us. I tell him we are the only boat in the area and our nav lights are on. I can see him perfectly. I have to give him actual directions on where we are relative to his nav lights. We finally get back to the ramp, but the experience was not the best. I hope I never have to use them again.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I was on a first name bases with my Boat U.S. guys until I worked all the gremlins out. Do it, you won't regret it when you need it.
Took me twice as long to read your post, my eyes got blinded of the gilrls sitting on the Beach or boat.
How do they (Sea Tow, or Boat US) Charge you? size of boat, Distance covered, year of vessel, or what?

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Boat US here. Priceless

Ran out of gas (embarrassing). They brought me gas.

Blew the pontoon up, they towed me from just south of the i40 bridge and put me on my trailer in Windsor.

IMG_7648.jpg

River Runnin

Reaction score
Copied from Sea Tow site! ... :When you are not a member the average tow can cost $600 or more. Additionally, there may be dollar, distance, calendar or geographic limitations in your towing rider coverage -- your rider may not cover the full cost of the tow. And don't forget, Sea Tow members get priority service.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
just got off the live chat line with Sea Tow, This is here Quote,
Chrystal
06:05 PM
We only have Sea Tow vessels in Southern, CA. so here in Northern Californy Sea Tow is No good

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
My Geico insurance is pared with tow boats.

It's so easy even a drunk can get a towed to the launch ramp.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Boats US member here as well, have been towed in Three times since ‘98. Once on each stretch of river Mohave, Havasu and Parker.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Boat Us as well. Towed from the springs to windsor, kicked back and drank on the 3 hour boat ride.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Boat US saved my ass twice on Tahoe. A definite must on a large body of water. We got towed our first time out on our boat. View attachment 832837
That's my neighborhood, Thanks for sharing, I was wondering what tow service would be good for Northern Cali.
You were out on a calm day, That lake can be like a ocean when the wind comes up in the Afternoon.